Screenshots

Users who are viewing this thread

I guess I'll start off.  Here's a quick shot of a battle, if you can call it that, which shows off some of the new units.  If you look closely at the fading text you can see some of the morale system at work as well.

slaughter.jpg

Edited so that it shows a picture instead of a link:

-The Mercenary.

Me testing the captains.

mb1.jpg

mb2.jpg

mb3.jpg

mb4.jpg

mb5.jpg

mb6.jpg

mb7.jpg

mb8.jpg

mb9.jpg
this was only a test, i actually wanted to test the captains against swadian cavalry, albeit i couldnt because of the merc army bug, still got to test them against some cavalry at least..
My force: 53-  26captains, 26 snipers and me
enemy force: 137 mercs and some swadian troops.

Edited so there are spoilers. Please add spoiler tags if there are more than three pictures, so that it's not as difficult to scroll though - should have mentioned this earlier. Also, how'd the end results go?
                                -Melissa

Oh ok will do for next time.

End results were pretty good. i mean i defeated a party of about 137 men with just a few units, i was left with about 10 captains and snipers altogether. It seemed the snipers were a little lacking in performance, and also the captains fell pretty quickly toward crossbow fire, the ones without shields at least. Melee performance for captains exceeded my expectations, but wasnt stellar either..

All in all its not bad. But i do think that maybe shields should be a guarantee for the captains.

Also id really like to try them against swadian cavalry, which i really wasnt able to do because of the merc armies. When its fixed ill run by another test and see how they stack up.

Halcyon said:
Oh ok will do for next time.

End results were pretty good. i mean i defeated a party of about 137 men with just a few units, i was left with about 10 captains and snipers altogether. It seemed the snipers were a little lacking in performance, and also the captains fell pretty quickly toward crossbow fire, the ones without shields at least. Melee performance for captains exceeded my expectations, but wasnt stellar either..

All in all its not bad. But i do think that maybe shields should be a guarantee for the captains.

Also id really like to try them against swadian cavalry, which i really wasnt able to do because of the merc armies. When its fixed ill run by another test and see how they stack up.

Captains sometimes use halberds, and halberds are two handed weapons. Halberds are also ridiculously good at cleaving through people in melee, so Captains are quite good at close quarters combat. If they get a good speed bonus on a horseman, they're instantly fatal, as well. However, Crusaders and Knight-Lords will probably beat Captains close range because of higher damages and speeds.

The Mercenary said:
Halcyon said:
Captains sometimes use halberds, and halberds are two handed weapons. Halberds are also ridiculously good at cleaving through people in melee, so Captains are quite good at close quarters combat. If they get a good speed bonus on a horseman, they're instantly fatal, as well. However, Crusaders and Knight-Lords will probably beat Captains close range because of higher damages and speeds.

And that might be a little bit of a problem. So the captain is able to cut down the crusaders and knight-lords from their horse, but in return the captain dies because he is slower than crusaders, and knight-lords. Which all in all adds to the realism of a faster opponent beating a slower one. And so for this instance i was thinking of adding an infantry troop type that can lay in as support for the captains. Im not sure how well it will fit in though.

Thats also why i want to see how well captains do against the swadians, not that i doubt your word or anything like that, you know your mod better than anyone. Anyways its just a suggestion.

Fixed quote error. Also, I might add in a light and strong infantry for the Rhodoks later.
                -Melissa.

Page of off-topic discussion split from topic into Unit Discussion.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,49995.0.html

-Melissa

Behind the spoilers are some teaser screenshots for some of the changes you can expect in the upcoming release.  See if you can figure out what's different from normal.

king1.jpg

king2.jpg

No more merc armies awesome! And it could just be a renamed faction but it looks to small, does it mean we can create our own kingdom?

Cant wait. By when might it be ready?

There will still be small bands of mercenaries in armies. Not as many - there will be MANY more kingdom troops.

Jinnai said:
Behind the spoilers are some teaser screenshots for some of the changes you can expect in the upcoming release.  See if you can figure out what's different from normal.

king1.jpg

king2.jpg

Yeah the different is that your vassal have some pretty crappy units  :razz:

Lol j/k. Seems cool can't wait for it.

The aftermath of the Siege of Grunwalder Castle, March 30th, 1185 (or whatever the year is).

My army of about eighty Lady Knights and hundreds of Mercenaries attacked the walls. There are thirty corpses lying behind me - the picture is of the wall next to the ladder.

mb20.jpg

There should be more in the picture - most of them fell off the stairs.

mb19.jpg

The battle in the Courtyard and on the stairs - I flanked the enemy with six Lady Knights, the rest of my Knights attacked down the stairs.

mb18.jpg

Body Count (notice NO Lady Knights fell):

mb21.jpg

mb22.jpg

We never assaulted the keep. Every soldier fell on the walls.

LATER

Engaged a Councilman on the field of combat, using 30 Knight-Commanders, 42 Elite Longbowmen, and a single Lady Knight. I held position on a hill with 42 archers and my knights hiding behind the hill. The Rhodoks charged, their horses were cut to pieces because they were outnumbered by the archers 2-1, and my counterattack with a charge order on my Knights devastated them. They broke and fled as soon as all 31 knights hit.

mb23.jpg

See one of those horsemen who got killed from about a mile away? I threw a javelin through his head.

mb24.jpg

mb25.jpg

Conclusion: Lady Knights are the equivalent of Knight-Lords, Rhodoks suck at fighting a tactical battle, and sieges are ridiculously easy if you outnumber your opponent 4-1.

no mate up wiht swadia!!! we'll rule the world! muhahah apart from kherght they whip butt i got to admit :lol:

Charged several thousand Rhodoks with several hundred Knight-Lords, Crusaders, and Lady Knights, in a scene reminiscent of the Charge of the Light Brigade. With arrows and bolts streaming past us, we successfully engaged the enemy in three different skirmishes, killing hundreds, and losing many.

In the fourth skirmish, I led the charge straight up a hill towards the Rhodoks. The arrows and bolts killed half my knights, and when we collided, we didn't break the Rhodok lines and the survivors and I grouped at the top of the hill and fought off the Rhodoks until we were slain to the last soldier.

The Pyrrhic victory for the Rhodoks meant that the Swadian Empire lived on, as Praven had not fallen.

I was captured and led away with less than twenty survivors.

Later, when Veluca, the last Rhodok stronghold, fell, I was there to take it. I resigned from active duty the next day, and became the Count of Dhirim, as one of the most powerful figures of the Empire.

How could anyone NOT be terrified of THIS? I actually sympathize with the Rhodoks - anyone who's on the receiving end of those lances or those horses is going to have a bad day.

mb31.jpg

mb32.jpg

Later Skirmish:

mb33.jpg

Part of the Carnage:

mb27.jpg

mb28.jpg

mb29.jpg

mb30.jpg

mb34.jpg

Flee in terror, indeed, my Rhodok friends. Your Confederacy has been absorbed into the Holy Swadian Empire because of this disastrous battle.

A few more screenshots from recent exploits.  Sorry about the small resolution, I have to shrink em to keep my bandwidth down.

Someone is having a very bad day.
mbscreen1.png

Knight-Lords are impressive, but I assure you this one died shortly after the screenshot was taken.  Even my raining death on his attackers couldn't save him.
mbscreen2.png

The main force of my attack meets the defenders.  And crushes them.
mbscreen3.png

Back
Top Bottom