Need More Info Crash when dragging an item from one character's lot, then click Q/E to switch to another character

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.2.9
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Crash on inventory menu with gear slot items (sword in this case)
How to Reproduce: When you hold your mouse on an item and put it in a character's slot in the inventory menu, and you use Q or E to move to another character, it will result in an immediate crash.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video): It's an immediate crash, so no screenshot.
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Does it happen on a new save? Have you had mods installed before? I don't get this crash when equipping items and switching between many party members inventories, in the field or inside a fief.

It's rare, but it can happen. It's not about you switching inventory - its when you switch to a new character inventory when you click AND hold the item from another character inventory.
So the item have to be equipped on a character, you click on it, hold, drag it out a bit, then click Q or E to another character.

To help you further and continue our investigation oF the reported issue, we need the crash report identifier. You should see a pop-up window when the game is crashed. Please follow the instructions there to complete the upload and get the crash report identifier. It will be copied to your clipboard automatically. You can find more info about the crash report identifier here. Have you tried the workarounds for common crashes detailed here? Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

It is a rare crash, and I can't seem to reproduce it. I don't have the report anymore?

It have to be timed so specifically, but let's say I have just finished a battle and I decides to do the above actions that results in a crash, it can be devastating after battle to lose all that because I drag something too quickly.

Back
Top Bottom