[S/WB]Empire III The Campaign old thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pizzaraider said:
I didn´t use an old savegame, though I am currently testing a new save after reinstalling M&B and the wse workaround.
I´ll edit this post when I can give proper feedback

Edit: New Tester Character: Took me 13 days without any rest to get exhausted, with wandering skill checks every 4 days, first one was succes, second one critical failure, third on failure--->"your party is exhausting itself"
Went to town, rested for 10 days, still tired.
25 days of rest, still tired
Are the skillchecks supposed to be that rare? (4-5 days)

seeing that you are supposed to rest everyday, I see nothing wrong here, what do the rest of you testers think?
see how long it takes to get rested if you can ever get there now.
you have found out why you don't want to exhaust your party, if I remember right once I was exhausted several versions ago I had to rest 40-50 days to get rested haven't got exhausted since, so I can't say how long it might take. I rest my party now every few days and don't have a problem, I didn't like having to rest everyday so I made it so you can go longer, but you still have to rest.
Think about it if you pushed a real life party like that about day three your throat would be slit. Yes?

yes for now the skill checks are less, might make them every 2 days eventually, got changed looking for the lag. dummy me rest speed 25x duh!

I was already wondering why it took so long to get exhausted, still, it first said I am tiring and then that I am tired, therefore I wasnt really exhausted, the moment I was tired I went to the city and rested.

I didnt mean that you should actually be able to travel for 13 days without rest, I was just wondering why I was suddenly utterly exhausted and couldnt recover.

Before, I was travelling 36 hours , and I did rest every night before, and I didnt go through the different phases, but I was suddenly utterly exhausted.

Pizzaraider said:
Before, I was travelling 36 hours , and I did rest every night before, and I didnt go through the different phases, but I was suddenly utterly exhausted.

This could be a problem let me know if it happens again, and I will look into it.

I now know what has caused it
When you work for a village, you exhaust yourself so hard, that you need forever to regain that through rest.
The exhaustion only kicks in when you´re resting in a town and the resting message appears, directly after working for the village your party moves as fast as before
I dont think that this is accurate, as 2 days of hard work are exhausting, but nobody needs 50+ days of rest to recover afterwards.

Pizzaraider said:
I now know what has caused it
When you work for a village, you exhaust yourself so hard, that you need forever to regain that through rest.
The exhaustion only kicks in when you´re resting in a town and the resting message appears, directly after working for the village your party moves as fast as before
I dont think that this is accurate, as 2 days of hard work are exhausting, but nobody needs 50+ days of rest to recover afterwards.

Great I will check this later today.

I've re-adjusted the resting and fatigue systems will release Alpha 2.85 tomorrow.the load screens will still say 2.8

tested and re-adjusted systems 2 more times. haven't tested this build. should have uploaded in about 6 hours
Edit: will be tomorrow, broke the village work script, fixed it, now the rest system doesn't work quite right it is close, but something wrong with the last piece of the rest system, will work on tonight. Had to go back before my changes something is wrong with the rest system

Link upcoming. :smile:

First time I've hit utterly exhausted and I couldn't recover, something is broken, 
I've tried to make it so doing the work for the village doesn't put you there. Got this fixed
Remember when it tells you, you are getting tired rest within the next 24 hours or risk getting exhausted which you don't want to do
utterly exhausted you can't recover from, at least in the last build I tested.
you used to take a hit for 72 fatigue with a little rest doing the work for the village, now it should be a 36 point hit with the rest

Good thing you are fixing the exhaustion!

Is there any tutorial on the new economy stuff? I just dont get this warehouse stuff, with the trade caravans and so on

Edit: The pricedrops (prices for goods suddenly go down to 10-50, later back to normal prices around 1000) in the warehouse can be exploited easily. Made 2.5 million gold from ~100k. No more money problems for me xD

And I see the problem that you have access to the workshops that use goods and turn them into other goods. That leads to a shortage of every basic good in all town, and this leads to all towns being poor.

I see acres of these basic goods in the city report overview, but the values are all 0.

Edit2: Also, the further you get into the game, the lesser trade caravans you see, as they seem to get stuck in various places, for example in the swadian naval academy, or on the river near yelkala.
Anybody else having this?

Edit 3: It seems that caravans cant embark/disembark, they always get stuck on coasts

Edit4: Forget what I said about the missing enterprises, you can build those in villages

Love the new perks:
Build Out Post and Fort.
I quite understand learning the different skills but I'll get there.

One problem so far:
Quest attend tournament at Reyvidin
Crashes at Join tournament.
How may I resolve this.

Thanks for making this mod.
I look forward to further development.

How do I install this mod? I put it in my modules folder it loads up fine, but no towns, villages, or castles except the starting point. I can see fishing spots and mining spots but nothing else.

red1knight said:
How do I install this mod? I put it in my modules folder it loads up fine, but no towns, villages, or castles except the starting point. I can see fishing spots and mining spots but nothing else.

It's called fog of war you can't see places on the map until you actually visit them

SEMAGMAR said:
Love the new perks:
Build Out Post and Fort.
I quite understand learning the different skills but I'll get there.

One problem so far:
Quest attend tournament at Reyvidin
Crashes at Join tournament.
How may I resolve this.

Thanks for making this mod.
I look forward to further development.

try saving and restarting I haven't come across this yet tournaments work everytime I've tried them

It's called fog of war you can't see places on the map until you actually visit them
[/quote]

Thank you, I thought I had done something wrong.

Ok so while traveling to Bacus there is this invisible barrier I cannot get around, and an NPC was traveling in the same place. Any ideas?

red1knight said:
Ok so while traveling to Bacus there is this invisible barrier I cannot get around, and an NPC was traveling in the same place. Any ideas?

cannot?  will check on map and reduce maybe

2hcov8n.jpg

This is probably just me being incompetent, but I can't seem to find the faction list, or any details about them. If you don't mind could you post the factions? That is if they're not in the OP.

Daethikus said:
This is probably just me being incompetent, but I can't seem to find the faction list, or any details about them. If you don't mind could you post the factions? That is if they're not in the OP.

Here's some info from page 1:

New Kingdoms

Kingdom of Gul, Leader- Kahn, Knight- Chief

Roma Empire, Leader- Emperor, Knight- Caesar

Kingdom of Kulua, Leader- High Priest, Knight- Priest

Kingdom of Cong, Leader- Grand Vizar, Knight- Vizar

Neathal Empire, Leader- King, Knight- Patriarch

Kingdom of Krom, Leader- Grand Duke, Knight- Duke

Kiley Caliphate, Leader- Caliph, Knight- Sheikh

Kingdom of Frako, Leader- King, Knight- Baron

Yarg Empire, Leader- General, Knight- Colonel

Kingdom of Pers, Leader- King, Knight- Earl

Black Khergits, Leader- Raja (Pirate, bandit faction)

and from pge 2:

sorry atm there is no more and some of the very little put down might be changed, this is still early alpha there might be more added, I'm thinking about it
but anyways I'm one person and I'm not working with factions right now, I will post more about factions when it is available
I wish I had a better answer

Lor is busy coding at the moment.

Pizzaraider said:
Good thing you are fixing the exhaustion!

Is there any tutorial on the new economy stuff? I just dont get this warehouse stuff, with the trade caravans and so on

Edit: The pricedrops (prices for goods suddenly go down to 10-50, later back to normal prices around 1000) in the warehouse can be exploited easily. Made 2.5 million gold from ~100k. No more money problems for me xD

And I see the problem that you have access to the workshops that use goods and turn them into other goods. That leads to a shortage of every basic good in all town, and this leads to all towns being poor.

I see acres of these basic goods in the city report overview, but the values are all 0.

Edit2: Also, the further you get into the game, the lesser trade caravans you see, as they seem to get stuck in various places, for example in the swadian naval academy, or on the river near yelkala.
Anybody else having this?

Edit 3: It seems that caravans cant embark/disembark, they always get stuck on coasts

Edit4: Forget what I said about the missing enterprises, you can build those in villages
Good work. About the exhaustion error did your character have foraging?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom