[S/WB]Empire III The Campaign old thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice mod. I've just made a thread on my spanish forum: http://www.caballerosdecalradia.net/t3026-aen-empire-iii-the-campaign#54292

Hope you continue improving it!

Lor Dric said:
Alfredthegreat said:
the mod is good, but there are two problems i have, first, the text box, just about 3 minutes after you play your safe game, this type of script come up and then, there is nothing in the text box,

Explain in more detail please

Alfredthegreat said:
second, tournaments, i remember in some tournaments, there are some stupid solid walls and that each round, once you get knocked out, the tab key don't work, so sometimes the stupid ai is just going to get stuck there and you have to quit and lose the whole tounament process

Do you have the tournaments set to Adornos arena overhaul, or to native arenas?

2131w5f.jpg
1. The stupid text is some type of error script, and it when it happens, it takes up the whole left side, and then there are no text box left, so basiacally you don't know what is happening and the text box doesn't appear for anything.
2. no, i will try that

ravan said:
Seen this mod and thought I would give it a try. So far I think it has a chance to be a great mod. Been playing for about 2 hours and I have found a dew things wrong.

1. The map speed I have 30 troops ( more on that later lol) and traveling at 2.2 takes forever to get around. By myself I was going 7.1 I believe it was and as soon as I got my first troops 8 it dropped down to 2.2. It just takes to long to move around and have no chance to chase anyone down or run away from anything. All other groups on the map seem to move at the normal speeds 4.5+.

Edit: I started a few new games and believe I figured out what caused the speed decrease. " your party is extremely exhausted and losing morale get some very serious rest in camp or town" I waited in town for 3 days and speed increased to 3.8. I waited a week and it still was at 3.8. It was at 5.4 before. Why is it not getting back up to 5.4. I honestly do not like that effect. I could see if after a day you was good to go. I did not see a thing to just camp in a spot to wait it out. Knowing how long to wait would be nice or having it removed. Bad lag in game when waiting in towns could be from being alpha but thought I would add that.
yes we are working on the fatigue system,  I don't want to remove it just make it work better.

ravan said:
2. When ever I recruit say 4 volunteers I get 8. I pay for the 8, that's why I have 30 troops when I should have gotten 15.

I have been doing all my recruitment in towns not the villages so I totally missed this interesting, will look at it

ravan said:
3. the text font of everything is kind of hard on the eyes all the time.

sorry I do like it, but will change if too many people complain

ravan said:
4. At times to many messages flooding the screen wit: this town is building this, trade agreements. Any way to put all that into a report you can look at if you want to see it. when all these messages come up it does seem to lag the game pretty bad.

this has been noted thanks

anduril38 said:
Mod is pretty cool :smile: a couple of issues though.

1) After the first minute of gameplay, I got no notifactions of anything happening on the screen as you usually do on MaB. I'm unsure what caused it, nor do I know how to fix it.

2) It seems to lag a hell of a lot. When I'm waiting on the map, units get stuck moving then jump erratically on the map, and the lag makes it tough to stop the wait to get moving again.

1. Haven't seen that, try saving and restarting?

2. yes, sorry about that, looking at options then we will have to decide what to do to fix this, to me this is the biggest hassle so far for game play

thomasNL01 said:
seems like a nice mod.

Thanks

Dan the Chef said:
Keep up the good work!

I will thanks

mike56 said:
Very nice mod. I've just made a thread on my spanish forum: http://www.caballerosdecalradia.net/t3026-aen-empire-iii-the-campaign#54292

Hope you continue improving it!

Glad you like it so far, OK cool hope it's well received, I'm hoping to have a Beta out sometime this year

Alfredthegreat said:
1. The stupid text is some type of error script, and it when it happens, it takes up the whole left side, and then there are no text box left, so basiacally you don't know what is happening and the text box doesn't appear for anything.

screenshot please?

Epidemics  has anyone run into one?

my first one

vh5h7s.jpg
w1v0k7.jpg
154kcuo.jpg

after these screens you go back to village menu, push leave and you go to map view but you aren't on the map, click on the map to travel and you will appear, I did the high risk burial when I went back to the village there was still an epidemic so I did the low risk warning and when I went back there was still an epidemic, I didn't see where I got anything for my efforts

Once the lag is reduced I reckon it will become an absolute blast to play, could be just the sheer size of the map?

Here are some  map speeds I have been getting:

Level 1 character, pathfinding 2
    Day 1, traveling by self:  speed 8.4
                party of 9:  speed 6.8
    Day 2, without rest:  speed 4.8

Level 2 character, pathfinding 2
    party of 9, some recruits, some advanced warriors:  speed 8.3
    party of 12, replaced recruits with advanced warriors:  speed 8.4
    same party of 12, fatigued:  speed 4.9

I've learned that I can only rest in towns, not in camp.  This may be because you're supposed to need wood to camp:  a certain number of pieces of wood per so many people in your party (we think, maybe  :???:)

anduril38 said:
Whats the changes to this one? I'm curious :smile:

The few things listed plus I changed most non-native triggers and simple triggers to try to lessen lag, I think it helped somewhat and thanks for the comments

The lag has been improved slightly but it is still a big problem when resting. I find that it sort of locks up when you try to stop resting.

mike56 said:
Lor Dric said:
The few things listed plus I changed most non-native triggers and simple triggers to try to lessen lag, I think it helped somewhat

Where are these listed things?

page 2 just 2 things new companion dialog and fixed fog of war, and a couple of horses weren't in yet, added a few new screens

putting in Rom helms now
23m7a85.jpg
2w58uo4.jpg
2hquf7p.jpg

sorry this screen didn't make it into the .rar file it will be in the next one

oity8h.jpg

changed the resting time speed from 5 to .5 uploading Alpha 2.75 now, screens will still say Alpha 2.7 sorry me bad

anduril38 said:
Downloading it now; I'm guessing it says 2.7 but is really 2.75?

not uploaded yet takes me 5.5 hours to upload and I had a crash so had to start over, stupid cats got on my keyboard when I went outside, forgot to push it in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom