Rest in Peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i made it in blender, then exported it as a wings, it doesnt seem to allow me to load it as an OBJ

heres a screenshot of a render, i only know how to texture it in wings, not get it in game (UV MAP)

broadsword7ua.jpg

Taishu said:
Their armour looks very scaly. Can you make this only by changing the texture?

Yes Chinese Armor is Scaly, very scaly :wink: Would be hard with texture only i think... sadly... we can still do all the other things and lots of helmets. :wink:

Maybe the armor just has to wait till support is added...

@Drunken

Looks nice!

And for the textureing you could ask jik, he knows how to do it and can it explain quite good i think.

heres an tut, its outdated but still more or less right i think.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/viewtopic.php?t=6146&highlight=uv+mapping

Here is a UV mapping http://www.geocities.com/peterchov/BarrelUV.html

This may help, but best is ask someone who can make it good. :wink:

i already read that Lu Bu, and i have added several items to my game. I dont know how to texture, so i use a odd texture for it (Hair, cobblestone and the like) instead of weapons 1 like im supposed to. i suppose it could do it, but i only have paint.

its already in game in fact :wink:, it functions like a arming sword with more range, much less stab and slightly more swinging power, as well as being slower

im using the plank texture :cry:
swordingame2jm.jpg

i'd be wiling to help in anyway I could...I could give the map a try if I could get a mor edetailed one...like say one that shows me mountains rivers and all that. Word of warning I'm not very good with thorgrims editor yet.

it seems out of place, seeing how the ox and the ground are the same part

i believe it would be wise to stick to weapons at the moment

edit: oh, its an icon. thought you were making a prop that could be used

Great news, my messenger came back today and told me that he, together with my great diplomatic skill, was quite succesful! :wink:

As a result Thorgrim said that he may make the map for us.
I will further discuss with him and let you know when the final decision is made.

@Drunken the Sword seems nice, but you could have made a screeny without all the blood! :wink:

Also you could reuse old things in the weapons1.dds file, jik does so too.
So you dont need to use paint at all.

@Taishu the Farm looks good! Exactly what we need.

@sheek hah already here to get our stuff? :wink: But i think if Taishu has nothing against it you may use it. :roll:

sheek said:
Taishu said:
Check out this farm I made:
386 polys

Nice. When you get it in the game can you send me it? Would be useful for my farming mod.

Will do.. But keep in mind that it is un-textured, which you'll either have to do for yourself, or you could wait till someone (Lu Bu?) from our team has textured it... Also I can straighten out the roof for you to make it look less chinese, if that is what you want...

I actually found out how to attach textures probably to new items, so i can now texture all things.

I think i will try my hands on that farm. But Drunken you should really send me your stuff soon, so i can texture it and bring it into the game.

Hmm the Model importer dont likes the farm and crash every time i try to import it... :cry:

The finished a crappy texture for it but now its no use at all...

Good... Just made another map icon:
Chinesecity.jpg

Chinese city, 279 polys
Complete with houses, a wall, and a well with a bucket in the middle...

Hah that looks really nice.
I just hope that the thing works, will test it at once.
Just send me the thing. :wink:

Taishu said:
It's sent... Any other map icons that we need?
Nothing arrived yet. :cry:

And we could need a Fort like thing. More military. With towers on its side for example. There could be a wooden and a stone based for example.

They would be used as temporary outposts or permanent ones! :wink:

So, Just asking is there anything I can do to help...I know some stuff about this era and have several good sources for information on weapons and all that. By weapons I mean ones used in that era.

Sure there are many things to do...

But also there are many things which have to be discussed... :wink:

For example which direct Era we start in. before 3k? So then we would have Dong Zhuo and all that people. Much more overall action between different factions.

Or do we start when Wu/Shu/Wei are already formed?

Both has pro and cons. So that would be a thing which has to be decided, before we start doing minor things.

Before 3k its more action, but harder to do, because more overall stuff changes.

After 3k is easier to do , more static, but you have lesser options of course.

But of course we will need someone who gives the Items their Stats and creates the different troops for the factions. if you know about weapons and such things, that could be a good thing for you.

They should be more or less similar but yet have little differences.
And be named like wei footman. :wink:

This has really piqued my interest. I cannot model or generally mod in anyway, but it does sound cool. I am interested in buying the book, but I don't know which edition. Any suggestions?

Moss Roberts one is by far the best you can get. Dont buy other rubbish.

He gives you 250 sites extra background and some even say its better than the chinese orginal. *laughs*

To help us you could make suggestions for the mod and such things. :wink:

If I think of anything, I'll let you know, but I'm not always the most reliable person. I may be able to help more after I get the book.

Lu Bu said:
Sure there are many things to do...

But also there are many things which have to be discussed... :wink:

For example which direct Era we start in. before 3k? So then we would have Dong Zhuo and all that people. Much more overall action between different factions.

Or do we start when Wu/Shu/Wei are already formed?

Both has pro and cons. So that would be a thing which has to be decided, before we start doing minor things.

Before 3k its more action, but harder to do, because more overall stuff changes.

After 3k is easier to do , more static, but you have lesser options of course.

But of course we will need someone who gives the Items their Stats and creates the different troops for the factions. if you know about weapons and such things, that could be a good thing for you.

They should be more or less similar but yet have little differences.
And be named like wei footman. :wink:

using the same code as ancientwanker (to an extent) you should be able to use a certain script to code it in. the first 10 days will be the yellow turban rebellion, they will e even weaker then river pirates but be in numbers of 50-100. the next 10 will be dong zhuo, same style but stringer and lesser numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom