Rest in Peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dregor said:
Hello, even though I havn't logged in for a while, I've been playing M&B since the ver. .600 era. I've been playing all the bigger mods for a while and couldn't halp but put in some opinions for this mod because I'm a fan of the ROTK era. Personally I think that this mod should start with the bare minimums such as the map, weapons, and simply the major factors (Wu, Shu, Wei, Yellow Turbans, Dong Zhuo's Forces). I'm not sure if the code allows 3 major factions but you can simply replace the mountain bandits with the Turbans and the Dark Knights with Dong Zhuo. Weapons don't seem too complex indesign but the armor seems to be. I suggest that you recreate the weapons based on the characters from the game but go easy on the armor. Maybe go simple with the armor with leather pads placed over chainmail and spiked helmets.

Just a few suggestion.......

btw, I'm willing to contribe some models.

You can have 32 major factions. So thats not a problem, also soon it will be limited to 64.

As soon as the map is finished there will be more progress in the whole thing.

And if you are willing to contribute some models, I wont say no! Just provide me with them.

:wink:

Patrick Blackbird said:
this is a great idea, sadly i have no talent in modding or anything, but i will look forward to playing it.

and a suggestion for the storyline, maybe letting you choose which faction you want to start off in?

I said so before and will say it again, you WILL be able to choose your faction. :wink:

And yes sadly there aren´t enough people working on this, but i hope some more people will join this mod!

Casual fan of the Three Kingdoms saga myself, the tv series was pretty awesome.

Some weapons that i modelled some time ago for another (now dead) mod. I can dig up a couple more from my old backup discs and tex them if you're interested... as contributions since i'm already with The Last Days, and i haven't much free time ever since uni started.

Guan Dao is 152 polies, serpent tongue spear is also 152, ox head trident is 136, halberd is 140 and the broadsword is 138.

chineseweapons1mx.jpg

Nice work LynX and the poly count is really good too, so of course i would be interested!

So if you can texture them and provide me with even more of them, i would be really thankful for it. :wink:

I will add you to the helpers list! :roll:

I have a few ideas for some missions:

1.Rescue or capture Red Hare(should probably be for only Lu bu's side and Shu,because of Guan Yu)

2.Convert "Officer" to "Faction"( When you encounter on the map and in towns you might have to run an errand for them, go through a menu choice selection thingy, show him that your faction and you are to be feared by beating him in a duel, etc.)

3. Duels, as mentioned above, would greatly affect your faction and troop moral, and if you defeat certain Officers they will join you or give up life by the sword

4.If farm/land owning has been deciphered by the time this mode is released then grow X # of crop.

5.Standard mission blah blah
----------------------------------------------------------

I am very interested in this mod and would like to help with the history as much as I can.

Iceblzzrd said:
I have a few ideas for some missions:

1.Rescue or capture Red Hare(should probably be for only Lu bu's side and Shu,because of Guan Yu)

2.Convert "Officer" to "Faction"( When you encounter on the map and in towns you might have to run an errand for them, go through a menu choice selection thingy, show him that your faction and you are to be feared by beating him in a duel, etc.)

3. Duels, as mentioned above, would greatly affect your faction and troop moral, and if you defeat certain Officers they will join you or give up life by the sword

4.If farm/land owning has been deciphered by the time this mode is released then grow X # of crop.

5.Standard mission blah blah
----------------------------------------------------------

I am very interested in this mod and would like to help with the history as much as I can.

1. Minor Thing, not worth thinking about before alpha is released.

2. Already on the list.

3. *nods* will be finished as soon as i can get awy from Chen Gong.
Only thing is, that the duelants will have to be teleported back to the world map location, after the duel. (dont know how to do that yet)

4. Sure, if there would be farms, which had no effect, they would not be needed at all.

5. *nods*

For the moment i more or less wait for the map.

I support this mod! Rot3K was a great game.

I don't know what I can do to help (don't know much about China) and I've got enough on my hands as it is. Maybe I'll join later. Meanwhile I'll just send good karma your way.

I absolutley have no idea how the map is going...mitsuhide wanted to make it, but he doesnt seem to be the most energetic person. :roll:

Script and model wise there isnt much progress either! *sighs*
Lu Bus Halberd is finished, though. *jik jik*

Scripting all the things before the map is finished seems to be a bit useless.

And Drunken you wanted to send me some of your models...

@sheek better than nothing, but if you want to join, you are welcome to do so! :wink:
Your Farms, guilds, craftsmen mod may be quite useful for this too. At least the basic stuff.

well, ill let you know im using blender, so you may need to get it to export it for texturing and the like (its free and aboout 10 mg)

and also, the spawn of evil, Rapidshare

this one you haven't seen
http://rapidshare.de/files/11033334/Pui.blend.html

The Scimitar
http://rapidshare.de/files/11033491/Xiahou_Dun.blend.html

The Spade
http://rapidshare.de/files/11033541/taoist-spade.blend.html

You dont need this one, but the Halberd
http://rapidshare.de/files/11033614/LuBu_s_Halberd_rough_Edges_.blend.html

i didnt update the Qwan dao or the Wushu spear, it seems you already have those

Thanks, but couldn´t you export them to obj? Also you could have send them per e-mail!

But ok, i just hope they can be easly put into obj and texturing wont be hard! :wink:

Btw i finally started to include officer duels probably. :roll:

"I defeated an officer!"

Hi
Thought perhaps you could use this waved sword I made in Wings 3D:
Wavedsword.jpg

It's the first thing I've ever made in Wings 3D, and so I have no idea how you would like the file (if you can use this sword at all), so just tell me, and I'll send you an email with the file attached. Also there's no textures on it, since I don't know how to do that either...

Feedback would be nice as well :smile:

a good page i just found for chinese weapons, a big circle of the weapons. it seems to go from single handed weapons in the middle to polearms on the edge

http://www.mojweb.sk/zbrane2/weapons_chinese.gif

also, i whipped this up quickley, because no chinese game/movie is complete without a broadsword. its a bit long, so it could be used with two hands (i suppose, but does not seem practical)

wushubroad0sb.jpg

I wouldn't say I'm 'not the most energetic person', I just have no time with University, Ninjutsu and Kung Fu Taking up all my time excepst saturday, which I use to work on my majors for Uni lol. Sorry I said I could help when I couldn't, I wasn't expecting an extension on training for Ninjutsu, but as I said in the PM i will try to help when I get time.

Good work so far though!

Taishu your weapon seems to be not bad, lets see how it will look ig and textured.
And i send you a pm. :wink:

Drunken the more the better! :wink:

Mitsuhide said:
I wouldn't say I'm 'not the most energetic person', I just have no time with University, Ninjutsu and Kung Fu Taking up all my time excepst saturday, which I use to work on my majors for Uni lol. Sorry I said I could help when I couldn't, I wasn't expecting an extension on training for Ninjutsu, but as I said in the PM i will try to help when I get time.

Good work so far though!

Ok thats another thing then. Just give me a note when you are sure that you got the time.
And give your best in the training!

Hmm now i just have to make the map myself or to find someone who is willing to make it. :???:

Just made this Tai Chi sword with 137 polys:
Taichisword.jpg

Tell me if you need it, and I'll send it to you.

Edit:

Made this rod as well:
Rod.jpg

389 polys
again, tell me if you need it...

Woo!! it look very good! i am chinese i looking forward to this mod
i good at modding texture!( just a little bit) i glad to help to do this mod if the modder don't mind my poor work

Great! :smile: Another contributer to the cause...

Lu Bu, could you make like a to do list or something, so we know what to do? Also, tried making a map, but the map editor is very unstable on my pc... I can however try to make some new towns in 3D (the ones that show up on the map, not the interior stuff...)

Very good this seems to come along better now.

The Tai Chi Sword looks very good.

I dont know what the rod will look like ig, but i think its worth a try!
Just send them to me.
Its a pity that you didnt textured them already though! :wink:

@forspot

Just show me a example of your work, or actually do a thing for the mod, then i can decide if it is good enough! But someone who also does textures would be quit useful.

If you want to texture the faces and make some chinese looking one, that wouldn´t be bad for example.

@Taishu

You mean a todo list for everything? Or more specific?

Very important things are :

Map! <---

Models itself and to texture them also. (We could just use the weapon1.dds for everything but i think some new textures wouldn´t hurt...)
And then lot of scripting work, making all the troops, conversations and so one.
Before i do most of this stuff, i would like to have the map as a basic.

And

Making some new "Town Icons" would be a good idea, we could use also not only towns and castles but also farms and maybe some fort like buildings.

I wanted to post a bit more but sadly i have to leave for a while.
So if you have ideas or whatever just post it here. :wink:

Hope you don't mind me butting in here, but Taishu, how many polys are in those? They look a bit high-poly to me, but then again, I'm not a modeler so I wouldn't actually know for sure.
I've just heard others on the boards saying weapon models for the game need to have limited poly count to keep the game from slowing down if a few are in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom