B Native Other Polished Landscapes [RELEASED][news pg. 19]

Users who are viewing this thread

Welcome_To_Hell said:
Is anybody still working on this mod?
Don't ask questions, they will reply "read the thread it's only 53 pages, no matter that we are taking time to type a response and maybe cobbling together a proper guideline would take maybe a few moments longer than typing that, for those in the know..."

Horrux said:
Welcome_To_Hell said:
Is anybody still working on this mod?
Don't ask questions, they will reply "read the thread it's only 53 pages, no matter that we are taking time to type a response and maybe cobbling together a proper guideline would take maybe a few moments longer than typing that, for those in the know..."
You sir, are doing it right.

Assassinator1097 said:
Well I rather took the initiative and just searched the thread with the error's keywords and found my fix... so sometimes they are right.
Well I'm not getting any errors since I haven't attempted installing it...  So... "Install the mod, then upon running it will give you an error message. Search this thread with that error message and you will find how to fix it".  WHOA, now that was SO HARD.

You should be grateful he made the mod and released it... not his fault some people lack the initiative to search the thread. As if that was hard as well. He most likely doesn't even check this thread anymore.

More precisely, the mod author is someone who actually does this kind of work professionally, so it's quite possible he just doesn't have the time to check on what he churns out.

I personally monitor his visit statistics from time to time to see if he crawls out of his hole.

Oh, and search the thread.  :lol:

Assassinator1097 said:
You should be grateful he made the mod and released it... not his fault some people lack the initiative to search the thread. As if that was hard as well. He most likely doesn't even check this thread anymore.

I am not criticizing the mod author.  I am criticizing the numerous people who have gotten around to making it work and were unable to cobble together a post like the one I just made, while it took me 30 seconds to make it, after a long while spent here, without even ever installing the mod.  Community?  Come on...  This is like a middle-finger community, yeah.

On a totally different matter: I tried to combine it with Calradia 1578 mod and keep getting "get_Object failed for texture: bushes". Followed the combination instructions on page 1. Currently using version 1.134. Seperate from each other both mods work fine. Did I miss something? Thanks a lot in advance!

Assassinator1097 said:

I totally agree with you Assassinator.

This mod is so great that if I had a choice - to let it disapear or to rape seventeen women, I'd choose to rape seventeen women.

alabaman said:
Assassinator1097 said:

This mod is so great that if I had a choice - to let it disapear or to rape seventeen women, I'd choose to rape seventeen women.

Dude, could you possibly seem more debased and disgusting?  REVULSION.

Horrux said:
alabaman said:
Assassinator1097 said:

Dude, could you possibly seem more debased and disgusting?  REVULSION.

I hope we don't go to see this guy on the news.

Soooo... I'm having this yrellow_leaf problem too... well, THAT's not the problem. My REAL problem is that I found the fix for it on page 38, or at least the LINK to the fix, but the link is broken! When I try to open that page, it just directs me to a site that says "Invalid download link.".

Anyone got this file, and are able to upload it? Or know of a site where it's already uploaded? I've done my share of googling around. Can't find anything at all (didn't check the sites with chinese typing that popped up, they creep me out).

GREAT MOD, although I would very much like to actually be able to play it. :smile:

Jenssen said:
Soooo... I'm having this yrellow_leaf problem too... well, THAT's not the problem. My REAL problem is that I found the fix for it on page 38, or at least the LINK to the fix, but the link is broken! When I try to open that page, it just directs me to a site that says "Invalid download link.".

Anyone got this file, and are able to upload it? Or know of a site where it's already uploaded? I've done my share of googling around. Can't find anything at all (didn't check the sites with chinese typing that popped up, they creep me out).

GREAT MOD, although I would very much like to actually be able to play it. :smile:

[SARCASM]Read all the threads on everything, you lazy ass.  [/SARCASM]

All I can say about this mod is wow! This is what the game should look like out of the box imo.

I am having one problem however, when I use the alternative flora file for less dense forests some bushes and trees appear entirely white. I have no such problem when using the regular file. Has anyone had the same problem or know how to fix it.

Hi all, I have installed this mod (no alternative flora.txt used yet) and in battles with more than 100 units it gets sometimes really unplayable, like 2-3 frames per second...

My PC is very fast, and I have the ATI 5850 video card. I have also disabled all the shadows but it still is unplayable sometimes.
Actually it doesn't look like a rendering/video card problem but more like an hard disk access slowness to me...

In fact after i rush in with my horse, after some seconds of heavy stuttering, then the frame rate goes up again.

Also disabling Anti Aliasing did not improve performance.

Anyone had the same problem or has any advice?

savior said:
Hi all, I have installed this mod (no alternative flora.txt used yet) and in battles with more than 100 units it gets sometimes really unplayable, like 2-3 frames per second...

My PC is very fast, and I have the ATI 5850 video card. I have also disabled all the shadows but it still is unplayable sometimes.
Actually it doesn't look like a rendering/video card problem but more like an hard disk access slowness to me...

In fact after i rush in with my horse, after some seconds of heavy stuttering, then the frame rate goes up again.

Also disabling Anti Aliasing did not improve performance.

Anyone had the same problem or has any advice?

In Warband loader, go to "Configure" -> video -> untick "Load Textures On Demand".

If this doesn't work then I have no idea  :mrgreen:

thank you Sir Lacy, I tried to untick "Load Textures on demand", did not notice the button before and yes, it makes sense.

It takes longer to startup (as it loads all the textures at the startup) but it seems to go better during battles.
After sometimes though, let's say 5-6 battles, the stuttering comes back, as if the memory was being filled up again (?). Rebooting the PC seems to improve performance again.

I hope someone else has other hints as it's not so enjoyable to reboot the PC every 30 minutes of play...

is there a fix for the trees during the dhirim siege? many of them spawn foalting or vertically.

i searched this thread but could not find anything.

Back
Top Bottom