<> OCEANIC CAMPAIGN I: OFFICIAL THREAD <>

Users who are viewing this thread

Not answering officially of course, since that's Scorch's job, but as Alec said... since we only have 14 members, and two of them are inactive (plus some probably cannot make it), 14 v 14 is definitely pushing it.

What's the rules on mercs again? Could I fight for KoS or any other clan? My clan is out of the picture apparently, but I've got a throbbing python of love that's hissing for some action.

Laszlo said:
Yeah sorry Toad, the rules were updated to place a little more importance on geography and army movement.

Thought so.  Hypothetically, if Dojo were to take your port, would we be eligible to launch attacks from their hex?  I can't find a rule regarding this.

TOTAL RESPECT _ONLY_

L-J-F said:
What's the rules on mercs again? Could I fight for KoS or any other clan? My clan is out of the picture apparently, but I've got a throbbing python of love that's hissing for some action.

Since your allied with KoS im pretty sure you can help them in the battle.

L-J-F said:

Aye, we're allied with KoS. Means you can get in on any fight they're involved with if you ask nicely.

In fact as long as SPLH isn't one of the sides you can fight for anyone who'll take you on.

Also, seriously? Creepiest analogy I've ever heard.

Edit: Ninja'd

SPLH, IIRC.

I'll do a run around of the guys and see what's what with everyone's availability. If we can't get the five players for a clan match we might as well be getting as much action as we can merc'ing.

RAOUL said:
Laszlo said:
Yeah sorry Toad, the rules were updated to place a little more importance on geography and army movement.

Thought so.  Hypothetically, if Dojo were to take your port, would we be eligible to launch attacks from their hex?  I can't find a rule regarding this.

TOTAL RESPECT _ONLY_

Yep you would.

You can travel through allied hexes as though they were your own.

HTAPAWASO said:
RAOUL said:
Laszlo said:

TOTAL RESPECT _ONLY_

Yep you would.

Yeah, HTAPA that was my initial response as well, but it occured to me that Toad may be on to something.

The rules say that you need to launch an attack from a hex that you own. And that the hex you attack must be adjacent to your hex.

If Dojo controlled our port, they could launch an attack on surrounding hexes because the port is THEIR hex. But KEEN couldn't; they still don't have any KoS hexes adjacent to their own.

Interesting, I'll have a think on the rules because it seems as though KEEN should be able to attack through allied territory, even though ATM the rules forbid it.

Laszlo said:
HTAPAWASO said:
RAOUL said:
Laszlo said:

TOTAL RESPECT _ONLY_

Yep you would.

Yeah, HTAPA that was my initial response as well, but it occured to me that Toad may be on to something.

The rules say that you need to launch an attack from a hex that you own. And that the hex you attack must be adjacent to your hex.

If Dojo controlled our port, they could launch an attack on surrounding hexes because the port is THEIR hex. But KEEN couldn't; they still don't have any KoS hexes adjacent to their own.

Interesting, I'll have a think on the rules because it seems as though KEEN should be able to attack through allied territory, even though ATM the rules forbid it.

You change your rules too often.

It was definitely there when you first put up the thread, I swear, and should return.

At the moment, the only use of the "can move through allied territory" thing is if, by some incredibly bizarre coincidence, one of your hexes was isolated by your enemies, and then your allies decided to reclaim the land... then, IF that original isolated hex just happened to still be adjacent to an enemy, THEN that rule could be useful.

I know, I know, there was a major rule re-write which I announced in the thread:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,99917.msg2565204.html#msg2565204

I did that because there was so much mis-interpretation of the rules, I felt they needed to be simplified.

Look we all know that KEEN ought to be able to attack through allied [Dojo] territory, and I acknowledged that in my previous post, I just need to pause for thought before changing the rules. Job requirement.

14vs14 might be pushing it, however it could be a good chance for random players to become mercenaries and join in the Oceanic Campaign.

Binboy said:
14vs14 might be pushing it, however it could be a good chance for random players to become mercenaries and join in the Oceanic Campaign.

Good point.

Anywho...
Don't think Scorch has been on since the attack was posted, so I'm guessing we ain't gonna get a game going by tonight. (Or did you mean next Sunday?)

Binboy said:

I mentioned something similar for our last battle, but I knew keen would turn up. Not mercs but actually using ur own clan members since you guys have heaps would be good to see.
We pulled whatever we had at the last minute as we were short on numbers. That included 2 mercs.

HTAPAWASO said:
Binboy said:

Good point.

Anywho...
Don't think Scorch has been on since the attack was posted, so I'm guessing we ain't gonna get a game going by tonight. (Or did you mean next Sunday?)

Yeah im pretty sure its next Sunday.

ACC1 said:
Binboy said:

I mentioned something similar for our last battle, but I knew keen would turn up. Not mercs but actually using ur own clan members since you guys have heaps would be good to see.
We pulled whatever we had at the last minute as we were short on numbers. That included 2 mercs.

They were struggling to even pull 10 as well mate. Had another KEEN on backup in case their last couldn't attend.

Just letting you guys know I'll be updating the campaign map this arvo when I get home, and most likely rewording the rules to say you can launch an attack from an allied hex, so that they work as intended.

Yeah, we only had 10 Dojo on, we had minsc as backup and thorn and kunt played.

I had KEEN on standby as no more than 10 Dojo confirmed attendance.

It's good to get more people involved, we had equal number of Dojo and KoS in the battle.

Phase 1 complete, internet on at new house, phase two is buy new tv, phase 3 is accept keen challenge so they can stop crying into their vaginas.

Back
Top Bottom