Napoleon Total war

Users who are viewing this thread

The specs are above what my laptop can handle however. Empire does look like it is fantastic, as I am a huge fan of Colonial period warfare, and would love to annihilate some Brits as the Continentals. I've always wanted to position an army of musketmen on a hill and just fire down at anybody who happened to be in my way. Midevil 2 is about the newest TW tha my laptop can handle

Dain Ironfoot said:
Apparently diplomacy is a lot better now, plus the whole supply line thingy and the options to peacefully occupy, loot or liberate is back.
The logistics sounds like it's going to be the main thing.
All the stuff that should probably have been in Empire really.
Nah, I'd have been pissed off if my Carribean garrison died of Malaria.

Austupaio said:
A linear, dumbed down campaign does not sound like an upgrade to me. Neither does faster reload times or lack of firing drills.
They never said it would be an upgrade. It is to Empire what Alexander was to Rome.

bgfan said:
Is ROme better than Midevil (I know it's cheaper, so if it is better, then that's a bonus)

Better graphics and better mods for M2.  That was really the biggest one if I had to guess.  Rome: Barbarian Invasion is mad fun though! 

Oh.  It seemed to me like every mod people made a big deal out of was for M2.  Personally, I like R:TW better, but I am a huge Rome fan. 

Archonsod said:
They never said it would be an upgrade. It is to Empire what Alexander was to Rome.
So why the ridiculous price-tag? To me, it looks like a mod of ETW, which I didn't really enjoy in the first place. I think I'll stop playing Total War for a while, and wait until they go back to earlier times where combat was more intense and enjoyable for me. (Swords, bows, spears, cavalry etc. Of course, I know ETW and NTW have cavalry, but I just can't get into the era.)

Well I think I'm going to buy Midevil 2: Total War, but I need a definate yes or no as to whethe rit is truly tha much better than Rome as to pay the extra $20. I wish I had a good enough computer for Empire... that's the one tha I definately want.

Vraid said:
Oh christ. They will go there eventually, won't they?  :sad:

I highly doubt it, really look at all the Total War games, the tactics haven't really changed that much. Anything WWI or further would require a completely different system.

Empire really isn't that different from Rome to be honest, probably not from Shogun either however I never played Shogun. Couldn't get over the sprites.

I think they'll stop maybe at WW1, then go back and focus on other time periods and regions. I'm hoping for a Chinese Total War here, to be honest.

Remake of Shogun would be nice.

Tried playing a bit of it, but the poor thing is too old now for my tastes. Armies of sprites.  :neutral:

Early WWI would be nice though. Not terribly difficult with their engine. The trenches and wall mechanics from Empire could be adapted. Long Range artillery would be good fun. Late WWI would get tricky when inner city fights got popular.

It'd be cool if there was a New World: Total War focused mainly on the early period of colonization in America. I think it'd be cool to loot American settlements as a chief of a Native american tribe, or help to found Jamestown. Maybe somehting base off of Native Americans solely would be cool. A game in the Civil War period wouldn't be half-bad either. Of course from what I've seen of their games they prefer to focus on the Eastern hemisphere.

Vraid said:
So why the ridiculous price-tag?
It's twenty quid over here, which is half the RRP of Empire. The only place with a ridiculous price tag is Steam, but if something doesn't have the word sale next to it on Steam it tends to be 1/3rd more expensive than buying it at retail.

bgfan said:
It'd be cool if there was a New World: Total War focused mainly on the early period of colonization in America. I think it'd be cool to loot American settlements as a chief of a Native american tribe, or help to found Jamestown. Maybe somehting base off of Native Americans solely would be cool. A game in the Civil War period wouldn't be half-bad either. Of course from what I've seen of their games they prefer to focus on the Eastern hemisphere.
That came out last year

gamerwiz09 said:
And even an American campaign in Medieval II: Kingdoms as well, I believe.

American natives or colonists? I didn't think they had any musketry, so I'm assuming natives.

Back
Top Bottom