How to invade Russia?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few things i have noted while Reading the thread:

1.No AB or NW weapons, the radiation just kills whole globe.

2.No biological weapons, man made diseases are too hard to take care of , especially if there is an outbreak.

3.Roads at the Siberia are not the best possible.

4.Area of controll, time for some mathematics (yay). Lets say you need about 10 men for every 1 kilometer, and Russia is about 17,057,400 km2, (unfortunately at this point i lost all the count, but you get the idea)

5.Now when we include Russian military.

=High casualty count and possibly quite long war, so be my guest and try invade Russia. (If that's even possible.)  :roll:

Sensei said:
Adviser, it would take about 170,574,000 men. 170.5 million men.

Thank you for the answer, even tough it might not be enough, when we know that theres going to be resistance movement later on if Russia would lose the war.

You wouldn't need 10 men for every kilometer, a smarter metric would be a certain number of men as a percentage of the population. You don't need to police a lot of Russia because it is largely *uninhabited* in some areas.

Sure, but it's not much of a resistance if they spend all of their time trying to scratch out a living. Doesn't leave much time for staging attacks, now does it? I already thought of that. Plus, sudden signs of habitation tend to stand out more, especially when it comes to aerial surveillance.

There's no way anyone could ever raise such an army. The US has 1,473,900 active personnel and 1,458,500 in reserve. The active personnel is just 0.8% of 170.5 million (which is approximately needed) and together the active and reserve personnel would only reach 1.7% of the personnel needed. Which would mean that you still need 167,641,600 men from allies. NATO with it's 28 countries could pitch in maybe 8,792,720 troops.
You could get with far less troops. I mean Russia is not very habited in some parts. 8.3/km2 is Russia's current population density. You would definitely get along with much much less troops than 170 million. If you said 10 soldiers per kilometre - now that would be more people than the total population of Russia, which is obviously not necessary. Like Hyperion said, much of it is forest. There's also tundra and steppe.

Hyperion said:
A lot of the unpopulated area is also forests.

[me=Mage246]waits for Hyperion to make a point[/me]

Use your words, little one.

Hyperion said:
Say...
Take the population density and add one or two per kilometre?
I wouldn't measure the amount of military force with the population, I'd measure it with the Russian army, which is 395,000 + 190,000 conscripts + 35,000 airbourne forces, and the quality and amount of equipment and resources.

Infrared, obviously. Any large heat sources will stand out easily in a cold climate like Russia's. Already thought of that too.

Mage246 said:
Infrared, obviously. Any large heat sources will stand out easily in a cold climate like Russia's. Already thought of that too.

One way to evade infrared is to dig a tunnel and since it would be on area that is unpopulated no one would ever know, that there would be an underground tunnel/base, except the resistance which would bring more people who would build more tunnels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom