SP Fantasy (Game of Thrones) A Clash of Kings (7.0 released 13th of May, 2019)

Which do you prefer?

• The books

Votes: 888 51.2%
  • The show

Votes: 847 48.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there any way of starting out after character customization with good gear? I saw SurrealBeliefs play and on his first episode he had a pretty cool helmet and pike.

Crusader7 said:
Is there any way of starting out after character customization with good gear? I saw SurrealBeliefs play and on his first episode he had a pretty cool helmet and pike.

I believe you get that gear from choosing ''sellsword'' as your background as a grown up. I might be wrong, but I've seen people posting that's the case.

Crusader7 said:
I chose that as my background and I still get the crap peasent garb, sword, and bow :sad:

It's the new patch. Before you started off with OP equipment, now it's more balanced in my opinion.

Grandburger said:
Agrippa91 said:
Totally agree. Something like 5-10 gold for each unit seems fine...

I disagree with ship fees, The world is so massive and expansive I'd hate to see that implemented, also the AI uses them for free. Perhaps there could be an option instead, to toggle ship fees?
Also concernig Essos's war. They ARE at war and they ARE fighting, but the game keeps providing pop-ups of certain factions breaking truce's with other factions but those factions have already been at war. And the Lorathi Elite Gliavemen upgrade into mounted archers :/

... and Dragonstone Glaivemen upgrade into Dragonstone Serjeants (who suck like every first cavalry unit, that's what I try to say).

Yes, every first cavalry unit is really underpowered. That could only be resolved with more diversified troop trees, maybe some factions with an extra focus on cavalry.

Awesome idea, but I never won anything good, and then my heroes would come second or third and get an awesome item...that I couldn't get off them.

Has anyone else noticed in naval battles on the rearrange screen you can take units from the enemy? It's...hilarious.

Navals battles are such a mess I don't even mind cheesing them though, melee units simply can't handle moving about the ships, get stuck all over the place and mowed down by archers.

anoddhermit said:
Has anyone else noticed in naval battles on the rearrange screen you can take units from the enemy? It's...hilarious.

Navals battles are such a mess I don't even mind cheesing them though, melee units simply can't handle moving about the ships, get stuck all over the place and mowed down by archers.

Yeah, that's definitely a problem and also why I also why personally I always avoid naval battles.
Btw, Unsullied still have wages in 0.94?  :sad:
Another thing: Is it planned to implement warhammers? They seem to appear in the books on a somewhat regular basis (Robert Baratheon during the rebellion, at Riverrun a soldier asks Jaime how to best fight against an opponent with a warhammer).
Would be awesome to have a two-handed version of the mace (which still is too strong I have to admit. You see it in arenas as well as on the battlefield where I can mow down knights with only 12 str and 9 agi).

Fasty said:
Cant get to the prison at Faircastle.

You'd do best to describe your problem more accurately if you expect help/fixing...

Agrippa91 said:
Fasty said:
Cant get to the prison at Faircastle.

You'd do best to describe your problem more accurately if you expect help/fixing...

Okay, the door that the guard stands in front of, isn't the prison. There's no option to go into the prison when you walk up to the door.

The castle 'Seawatch' is a bit of an... interesting.. place.
If you go to your keep, when you leave, I don't believe you can re-enter it (manually), because I cant seem to find a bloody door anywhere.
Also, you spawn on a little circular island which you cannot leave other than by pressing TAB and exiting that way.
There's an invisible wall around it, although there are some (what look like) purposely placed large rocks which I assume you're meant to jump across to get back to the shore, but the last one is too far away to reach so you cannot.
Basically, you can't explore or really do anything at all here, other than enter the dungeon (which is pretty neat, by the way) through the door on the ground.

Also, when attacking or defending it, it's basically just a huge melee as there are no walls or anything for archers to stand on, so it's just one big brawl. But I'm guessing it IS intentional due to it being just a big tower (or a tiny, broken, useless one, for that matter).

I'm not sure whether that's intentional or not, but it's kinda lacking IMO. It's definitely not worth devoting any resources to capture, let's put it that way.

Also, on a completely unrelated point, what are the NPC's in the Red Keep actually for? I.E Sandor Clegane, Varys, Littlefinger, Bronn et al.
Seemingly they will lead you down a useless conversation which results in nothing more than a couple of lines of family history (or not for most of them, considering they refuse to tell you anything), and when you talk to them again after that, they all tell you to just go away.
I'm guessing they're still being worked on, or I'm completely missing something.

SOAPthrail said:
If you go to your keep, when you leave, I don't believe you can re-enter it (manually), because I cant seem to find a bloody door anywhere.
Also, you spawn on a little circular island which you cannot leave other than by pressing TAB and exiting that way.
There's an invisible wall around it, although there are some (what look like) purposely placed large rocks which I assume you're meant to jump across to get back to the shore, but the last one is too far away to reach so you cannot.
Basically, you can't explore or really do anything at all here, other than enter the dungeon (which is pretty neat, by the way) through the door on the ground.

Also, when attacking or defending it, it's basically just a huge melee as there are no walls or anything for archers to stand on, so it's just one big brawl. But I'm guessing it IS intentional due to it being just a big tower (or a tiny, broken, useless one, for that matter).

I'm not sure whether that's intentional or not, but it's kinda lacking IMO. It's definitely not worth devoting any resources to capture, let's put it that way.

Also, on a completely unrelated point, what are the NPC's in the Red Keep actually for? I.E Sandor Clegane, Varys, Littlefinger, Bronn et al.
Seemingly they will lead you down a useless conversation which results in nothing more than a couple of lines of family history (or not for most of them, considering they refuse to tell you anything), and when you talk to them again after that, they all tell you to just go away.
I'm guessing they're still being worked on, or I'm completely missing something.

Most of them are just there to add a bit of immersion, but some (two, if I remember correctly) offer rewards if you ask them the right question or give them the right compliment, though you only have one chance to do so. You can also try talking with Cersei, she offers you the choice of swearing fealty to the Lannisters, which instantly makes you a vassal of Tywin.

They're really just there as placeholders for now though, call them a work in progress if you want to.

SOAPthrail said:

As I joined
House Targaryen
back in 0.91 I tried to capture Seawatch from the Stormlands. It was something like 250 garrison against ~800 of our troops. Mine consisted of Knights and Unsullied only, still the Stormland archers butchered us, leaving to a ratio of 10-20:1 (I'm not kidding). As soon as the small melee fight (in which they shot in our flank constantly) was done, every man who dared to cross these strange ladders on the wall got mowed down by the Veteran Stormland Archers, some troops got stuck on the shore. In the end I had no other choice but to auto-resolve the battle.
So yeah, when you're present at the battle and you as a defender have a ton of archers it should be pretty easy I guess...

Cozur said:
Most of them are just there to add a bit of immersion, but some (two, if I remember correctly) offer rewards if you ask them the right question or give them the right compliment, though you only have one chance to do so. You can also try talking with Cersei, she offers you the choice of swearing fealty to the Lannisters, which instantly makes you a vassal of Tywin.

They're really just there as placeholders for now though, call them a work in progress if you want to.

Ah, fair enough.
I assumed you'd be able to recruit Bronn at least as a kind of 'hired companion', or get unique quests/missions from them or something kinda like that.
Also yeah, I did talk to Cersei but I chose not to swear my loyalty, but I guess I'll go ahead and do that on my next game should I decide to play it from their viewpoint :smile:

Agrippa91 said:
As I joined
House Targaryen
back in 0.91 I tried to capture Seawatch from the Stormlands. It was something like 250 garrison against ~800 of our troops. Mine consisted of Knights and Unsullied only, still the Stormland archers butchered us, leaving to a ratio of 10-20:1 (I'm not kidding). As soon as the small melee fight (in which they shot in our flank constantly) was done, every man who dared to cross these strange ladders on the wall got mowed down by the Veteran Stormland Archers, some troops got stuck on the shore. In the end I had no other choice but to auto-resolve the battle.
So yeah, when you're present at the battle and you as a defender have a ton of archers it should be pretty easy I guess...

I actually assaulted the Seawatch, which had a garrison of 220+ Dragonstone troops (no lords), and I had 110 Stormlands Knights plus a single companion and easily took the castle over because all of their archers just joined in with the massive melee fight which started almost instantaneously upon entering the battle. I think I only lost 55 or so of my men, including those who were knocked unconcious, and successfully took the castle over.

Hm, the thing with my battle was that the Stormland Archers all started at the small island from where they could shoot perfectly in my flank while my men didn't bother to cover against them with shields but engaged the infantry that was on my side of the lake.
Whatever, I'm glad autoresolve is always an option  :wink:

Seawatch is a pretty ****ty castle, and the siege fight itself takes place in front of the village.

Not a requirement that you conquer it though.

Please, :smile: :smile: :smile:
question:
What kind off Tools do I need for spend 13 hours entrenching camp side
sorry for this question but still i hope to know the answer.

Hunter7 said:
Please, :smile: :smile: :smile:
question:
What kind off Tools do I need for spend 13 hours entrenching camp side
sorry for this question but still i hope to know the answer.

Regular tools

They are just called  ' Tools '.
Any of the others ones I tried ('Fine Tools' etc.) didn't work, so just plain-old regular 'Tools' are the ones you need.

Back
Top Bottom