Exporter For Blender 2.49b is released!

Users who are viewing this thread

Taro8 said:
I encountered problem with exporting file from blender to SMD.

I created new mesh and rigged it to skeleton in Blender (with was HARD) everything is fine and dandy:

aniproblem4.jpg

However after I export this something weird happens and mesh is 100 times bigger then it should be, skeleton is fine:

The problem:

aniproblem3.jpg

Comparison, that small body is how it should look:

aniproblem2.jpg

I tried to resize mesh in Open BRF, but skeleton gets scaled to and this is what I get when I try to animate it:

aniproblem.jpg

Im sure this problem appears when model is exported from Blender to SMD, I want to know how can I fix this. Im not interested in solutions like paste rigging from other mesh and such, I want to know how to export properly from blender as I plan to use it more.

EDIT: I just tested and its not fault of script I had to mess up something with model

You are not using this topic's exporter, right? Because you are not exporting TRF files.

For a problem like that, there is two probability:
-Skeleton which you are using is not matching Mount & Blade 's skeleton system.
-SMD export making skeleton size broken & bigger.

So first information i need, how did you get this skeleton and how you know script working well.

I downloaded this particular script, and then proceeded with instructions and I got TRF file, I converted it BRF as per instructions, then I wanted to apply textures and stuff, but I get this problem.

I did it like this: I created model in milkshape (its easier for me to work there), then I exported finished mesh as .obj file. Then I opened file included with exporter script, removed mesh from there (leaving skeleton and cameras), then I imported my .obj file into this and rigged to the skeleton, then I try to export it and everything goes south.

The skeleton is standard, its the mesh that gets bigger. I know script is working as model included with it exports properly, thats why I started new thread as this is not exporter fault.

Taro8 said:
I downloaded this particular script, and then proceeded with instructions and I got TRF file, I converted it BRF as per instructions, then I wanted to apply textures and stuff, but I get this problem.

I did it like this: I created model in milkshape (its easier for me to work there), then I exported finished mesh as .obj file. Then I opened file included with exporter script, removed mesh from there (leaving skeleton and cameras), then I imported my .obj file into this and rigged to the skeleton, then I try to export it and everything goes south.

The skeleton is standard, its the mesh that gets bigger. I know script is working as model included with it exports properly, thats why I started new thread as this is not exporter fault.

Can you give one face location of model. like this one:
modelll.png

for this face global location is -0.045 , 0.059, 1.484, 0.000
this can give idea to solve problem. But try to choose a face near head. You can give one vertice location from this face too.

Taro8 said:
Is this what you want?

aniproblem5.jpg

Since it seems that my problem is rather wierd I uploaded model in question: http://www.sendspace.com/file/2pjy1w

Maybe this will make it easier to solve this.

I got a solution for you:
-Select mesh
-press key 'n'
-press "link scale" button with mouse
-make all scale values '1'  (this is what you exported)

-choose edit mode.
-press key 'A' for selecting all vertices
-press shift+C for making 3d cursor at origin
-press key 'S' (and not move mouse, it will change scale values)
-write '0.1' from keyboard and press enter
-return to object mode
-and you can export it properly now.

Object mode scales not being added to final export. So they must be 1.

Thanks this helped.

So I got model scale problem fixed, but I run into ANOTHER one. It turns out that messed up animation is caused by messed up bone rigging. To clarify: after exporting vertexes are assigned to wrong bones, for example: instead of right arm vertex is assigned to left shoulder. Everything is fine in blender, so I dont know what can be wrong.

THANK YOU!

It worked!
It seems I missed some vertexes, but otherwise everything works as far as I know.
aniq.jpg

Just a small question: how can I paint weights on vertexes that are "inside" mesh? or better, is there any way to set vertex weight manually?

Now I only need to fix rigging I messed up and Im set, I just hope that my *****ing will help to improve this script  :mrgreen:.

This is how to do it:

resimi.png

Open Edit Mode
Enable "vertex select mode". (2 on picture)
Click on a vertex (1 on picture)
Press key "N" and you will see bones and it's weights to point (3 on picture)
Change them if you want.

I hope it is not fault of script again. Feedback can be good again. Good luck.

No model got exported fine, I just missed few vertexes and they were left unassigned to any bone, hence the glitch, but as you can see all assigned ones work properly.

And thanks for help, Im n00b in blender and I only had crash course with riggign there.

Okay than, it was fun to help you. If any problem happens again about exporter, you can write here. And good luck on your works.

Sorry for bothering again, but how can assign weight to vertex that isnt unassigned to anything, when I press N there is no information on those, so I cant change weight or bone. I think I would need to paint it, but how to paint vertex that is inside mesh again?

Just this little info and Im gone, pretty please  :mrgreen:.

Hi, i has reading your post and I import a mesh (sword) in the game like .trf, Warband creates .brf but what i need do it to use the sword?? how many damage or cost? Where can i  buy?

I'm spanish, sorry for the bad language :grin:

Ok, complete noob and clearly im a bit late to this amazing game....however i cant seem to get this script to work with blender.

I have placed the file under scripts and templates(as this is the only way ive thus far been able to access the file). From there once i have a model i go to the text editor select MB_TRF_Exporter.py and then run script. I always get the error message:

Capture.PNG

Any help would be appreciated.

Edit:
ok so i messed around with some things(installed older blender :razz: and older python versions) however i am open to tips on how to create new content for the game :grin:

Edit2: I seem unable to view/modify the existing BRF files to the game. these are the models correct? how do I view/create these?

Back
Top Bottom