Need More Info Crashes upon opening the game

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Summary: I used to play this game heavily modded, but after several crashes, I decided to go back to vanilla. However, the game did not boot up successfully, so I did a clean install of the game. Deleted everything in the Steam library, Documents, and the ProgramData, then reinstalled the game and now, the game refuses to get past the loading screen. Just pops up with an error, but no crash log for me to read.
How to Reproduce: Clean install of the game.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No cheats, but I had mods previously. After browsing this forum, I did what was told on other threads like I said above, but it still does not boot up.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: RTX 3090 Founders
GPU Driver Version: Latest one as of this post (one thread said to update graphics drivers so I did it today)
CPU: i9-13900k
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 64gb DDR5 4900mhz
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z720-A
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500gb

I am on Steam. I did both, deleted through Steam then went into the folder it was in and deleted all left over files in all 3 directories.

There are still traces of mod files located in the logs. For example
[23:42:21.108] Loading xml file: D:\Steam Library\steamapps\workshop\content\261550\2920558175/SubModule.xml.
Need to verify: Full Invasion 3.dll
Please make sure to remove any mod related files.
CLEAN INSTALL
To help you fix the issue you are experiencing, please try the clean install method. The clean install method is removing every single game-related file from your computer and reinstalling the game. Why do you need to remove the game when you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or add contents to the existing modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure files are unchanged. You can find more information about how to do a clean install here.

Hello there! I apologize for the late reply, just got home from work.

I cant believe I missed that! Totally forgot about Steam Workshop, but unfortunately, even after a clean install, it is still not booting up. I have sent you the 4 logs again to the same email provided prior.

The investigation is still on going. Even if it is fixable in a day it does not mean it will be pushed with a hotfix. So you will still need to wait until the next patch either way.

Ahhh I see, my apologies! Didnt realize it was an issue with the game and thought it was something on my end. Thank you for the update! I will sit tight and wait for the fix. Thank you for all you guys do!

Back
Top Bottom