Consolidated Brainstorm list for Future SoD Versions

Users who are viewing this thread

Long time no crazy impractical requests.

firstly id like more use of treasurer, instead of just investing money to make interest, how about infrastructure improvement funds.
IE:
"Id like to invest in military infrastructure/my villages/my towns."
Choose an amount, and the amount of money you invest is automatically spent building new buildings in whatever area until its exhausted, this would cut out alot of micromanagement, and allow people to easily help upgrade there lords fiefs.
"would you like to invest in anything specific?"
-yes religious
-yes commerce
-yes military
-yes manors, and inns for everyone!
-no

Less time spent building, more time spent being a blood hungry fanatical megalomaniac.
You could also pay a price for this convenience, various costs of administration, corruption, etc chipping away at the funds, and generally stuff being more expensive because your not there to make sure noones screwing around, also taking longer because its not using your engineering skill.

Secondly is a problem with regiments, my main use for them is chasing down party that are faster then me, and saving me a million clicks in the rescued prisoners screen, but they have the nasty habit of running away from people, or running after the wrong people, and generally just not not sticking close enough. it would be cool if they could either
a: be forced to stay extremely close to player, especially smaller regiments.
or b: be attached to the players party, and then possibly detached and sent to chase via right click menu on enemy lords, or some shortcut key, same applies to mercenary's.

Ie, it'd be cool to be able to send that regiment of 25 cav units to attack mc rhodok lord with 100 troops who is moving away from me 0.1 faster then I'm chasing him, ofcourse the regiment is terrorized by the rhodoks, and will run away, despite plentiful backup.

Failing that, make regiments take into account all nearby friendlies numbers instead of just there own, or maybe making regiments rush any enemy you click to attack if there currently following you, if they detect they'll survive at least one round of auto combat.

Also id love a "go garrison" order for regiments, so i can shove off that problem of now having to pay for the 600 troops in various regiments from taking that castle that had a ridiculous amount of prisoners, you know short of rapidly attacking anything, and everything i see until thieve all died off, and i don't need to pay them anymore, would save a few hundred clicks garrisoning newly taken castles also.

I'd also like to see, more pathable, and sane mountainous areas, still enough to screw with cavalry, but a whole lot smoother then now, perhaps maintain some of steepness without such insane height differences in parts of the maps.

Also being able to play as any hero in the party would be awesome, i could play with a vastly wider variety of characters in any single game, and level up my companions damn fast to.... Not to mention see how well my character does without my help.

Thanks Sabastian, I had been thinking that very thing (and 'linked' regiments sound great)!

Keeping that in mind - would a MELEE RANGE command be going to far?

So many good suggestions!

Maybe a gunpowder faction that is basically chinese + Japanese. A faction with so much common use of gunpowder that even the legions are afraid of them. But the isolationalist attitude means you will almost never face them in force

- When you conquer a castle, the prisoners (excluding Lords) automatically go into the Castles garrison.

And while I'm dreaming,

- The ability to move entire types of units into/out of the castle garrison.
+ instead of one at a time.

WOW! THIS IS A HUGE MOD UPDATE! COOL! When its released.. you dont want me to see me playing SoD (I play many Hours but if V5 is released.. oh man.....) PLEASE RELEASE IT NOW.. hehehehe.. but i will wait..

suggestion :

make a extra faction  to the east in the desert (see warband) or multible factions to east south and west (to enlarge calradia and give more to do to wait for the legions)

add the option to make your companions knights of the realm and act as lords / partys (see wedding dance)

dont know if the following is possible but i would be cool to see relations drop and rise when you declare wars and they are at war with a other faction  (declare war to kergerith (drop relation) who is at war with swadia (rise relation) in the military they tought me that the enemy of your enemy is your friend so this would make inbteresting looks in calradia)

Special sighting of an object relished amongst all people of the land.  This storyline would be similar to a "Holy Grail" concept.  Maybe some of the previous new units could be incorporated here such as zombie units or Japanese samurais.  The concept here would be that you have a series of small missions, very similar to TLD (rescue missions of companions held in dungeons, defeat the necromancer, etc.).  At the end of the mission you obtain the object, the Holy Grail and you receive some disgusting amount of renown points and faith troops flock to your side.

Adding onto this idea.  When the Legion arrives and takes a castle/town there's an option for you and a few of your best men to sneak into the castle/town. You then fight through the guards and loot the "emperial treasury" (or something) for more special, unique items from the homeland, similar to the items you can obtain from sending nobles to retrieve royal artifacts.

I like the Idea of being able to play with the legionairs, but it should be unlocked, like beating the legions in the normal campaign then being able to play with them.

But I original suggestion is to either raise to lord limit or take off the limit, I have almost 40 lords in warband, I doubt theres a limit, and protecting all your lands with just 20 lords is really tough.
Also, so the Antarain Noble shield show the players banner,  :!: speaking of banner since its more like a legit empire, can you make it so the whole army, including lords, have the same banner as a player banner.

Just a few suggestions, either way GREAT mod  :grin: :grin: :grin:  :grin:

o.0 I thought I would be in for 5 minutes of read... Turns out to be 15.

Anyhow, I've played the mod for say, an hour before stopping because of two issues really.

In battle you get reminded constantly how awesome your army is (or how pathetic, whatever) and being spammed in bright green text that "your army has crushing advantage" (poor English too) is just... Annoying. What's the use of it being spammed to me so much anyway? xD I don't need to be reminded of that every 5 seconds. Also, I like to make movies of M&B and to have this green line of bright green text interrupt this is just ******* ********. :>

My suggestion would be: Make this whole morale-report-feature something to be called on with a button press. So you decide when you get a report.

Secondly. The colours. Did it happen automatically? Or is this supposed to be cool? The campaign reports in turquoise?!! Battle reports in bright green? Wtb my nice, simple white. Please. xD This is maybe just nitpicking, but I don't like it.

That's it really. Especially the first 'issue'.
Servitor

Edit: And before I am misunderstood: This mod is awesome.

I think it would be cool to have more ball throwing objects, like weapon tree is stone->Bronze Ball->Iron Ball->Steel Ball
The downside would be that they couldn't have good weapon properties, only bad(cracked, etc.). AND this would give you a ranged weapon to give to manhunters, though I still think having a sling would be cooler.  :mrgreen:

For now the only things you can give to your lords are fiefs and troops.
Based on my observation the lords need many denars just to upgrade troops (of your faction) so it might be nice to just give them money either individually or to be divided among them all. This could be an additional function of the treasurer.
Another possible gift would be better equipment, this could be a complete set (full armor, horse, weapons) based on your nationality and/or religion (black heraldic plate for followers of the Void, normal for the others).

Found a little error in the listings:
37.  After executing a Lord, change the Character Log (Quests -> Character) to show diseased deceased.
diseased is sick, deceased is dead :wink:

8.  Give bandits (sea raiders, etc) a hibernating virtual faction, as a real threat to any kingdom.  Use the gang up feature to let them assemble a massive army (like the Legion but weaker in terms of troops quality/equipment), that can siege with couple of hundred units.

This idea sounds really good. As stated before, bendits are generally ignored after a few weeks of gameplay and usually pose no threat to any of the factions (I think that the only group that the bandits pick on are village farmers). Even caravans are safe from bandits. I think this idea would make bandits a force to be considered, will allow factions that are at peace with everyone to fight as well and will cause interesting suprise attacks as bandits can spawn anywhere. So a castle that you think is safe and well away from enemy factions could suddenly become besieged by bandits. (sorry for bad English)

Not sure if it is possible but several improvements can make the gameplay (much) more realistic

1. Add new skill coordination(or similar name) - increase attack speed, sheeld cover speed and the ability to fight with left hand if neccessary*

2. Add stamina(everybody know what stamina is)

3. Make dmg areas of the player. That means drastically change the hp system in the following way:
* remove globa hp and divide it to zones:
- head zone - increased dmg(start from 50% to 90%) to this area makes u feel dizzy. Gradual loss of concentration, coordination and fighting skill - gradual loss to agility, attack speed and whatever u think that can include. >90% you lost consciousness
- chest zone - increased dmg to this area makes you feel breathless - gradual loss of move speed, attack speed, stamina and stamina regenerates slower. 100% dmg to this area and you risk death(let's say 1%). So player will now try to protect ifself as fighters did the medieval times
- right arm zone - increased dmg to this area makes this arm weaker and slower. When >90% you can't use it in fight anymore, you must fight with the left arm
- left arm zone -  increased dmg to this area makes this arm weaker and slower. When >90% you can't use it in fight anymore. If both arms are heavily dmg you cant fight with weapon anymore
- right leg zone - increased dmg to this area makes you limp(new animation) and moreover move speed drastically lowers
- left leg zone -  increased dmg to this area makes you limp(new animation) and moreover move speed drastically lowers. If both legs are heavy dmg you are allmost immobile with 90% reduced move speed.

4. Change horse hp
- The same thing can be done to the horse. If no at least make it lose speed when it's dmged.
- If no - horses should't miracolously regenerate b/n the rounds in the battles

This improvements should be done to make the game harder and more realistic. It's too easy, i dont really see why the player needs army. He, with companions (but mostly alone) can conqueror the whole map. I've killed more than 10 000 solders till now in 140 days, mostly with bows. Me and the companions conquerer big foritified cities with >200 men

I know some ppl wont like the idea, so in the beggining they should be able to make a choice - if they want this hp system or no

I had some more ideas, but i forgot them. :smile:

I think some recruitment features would be awesome. I have a couple of thinks in mind, but the general concept is to make it easier to recruit large numbers and to be able to get specific types of soldiers instead of filling your party and garrisons with so much random crap.

For example, it would be good to be able to send out recruiters that go around calradia and recruit x number of troops at your command. It could either work by spawning a party that runs around, or you could just give the order and a week or 2 later the recruits have arrived in your town/castle.
It would of course cost more money than recruiting yourself, but let you do other things instead of running around the map.

It would also be nice to be able to re-train soldiers to become what you want them to, meaning that you could turn, say 20 mercenary swordsmen into 20 antarian recruits. This would also help to get rid of all the random troops and allow you to train more of your own kingdom troops, while not having to drain your population.

Being able to recruit larger quantities of mercs in taverns and at guilds would also help, since some of the new factions are so specialized and therefore higly dependent on mercs. It would also make it more fun for those reliant on mercs, and give your army a more organized feel.

Automatic training would also be great, meaning that you dont have to run around and fight with your recruits to turn them into stronger units. Instead, you build training facilities and hire trainers. Then you can speak to your council and tell them for example: Train these 50 recruits to xx soldiers.
And you would get a response saying: It will take x amount of time and cost x amount of money, do you wish to proceed?

The amount of trainers, skill of trainers and building upgrades would all affect time and cost for such training. Maybe you shouldnt be able to automatically train them to elite units, but atleast avarege.

Another thing i think should be changed is the amount of money you make through taxes. Owning a town should let you make alot more money than you do now. This should of course be implemented together with more ways to spend money, like the above mentioned training/recruitment features.
Caravans, tournaments, diplomacy could all be ways for you to invest money in a more interesting way, with individual risks and benefits.
If you are king your lords should also pay taxes to you, so that you not only make money based on your personal fiefs, but the total size of your kingdom.

These improvements could be balanced by increasing the quality of native troops with more high tier troops in each army.

Some new diplomatic features would also be great, since now you only need relations to avoid multiple front wars. Being able to ask king ragnar to bring his army and help out taking a castle/town, or him asking you the same, would be great. Or to be able to ask for military support. For example you
could ask if one of ragnars lords could join you for a month, or that he sends you 40 veterans, and you either pay him money or by owing him a favor.

It would make it easier as the player to defeat other factions, while it at the same time could strengthen your allied faction and create possibilities for some great random events and quests.

Thats all i have for now, hope anyone will find it useful.

I really like the military alliance, I'd ally myself with the Rhodoks and Khergits, they seem to be the 2 dominant powers on my games, in 1 of them i'm actually unable to beat the Khergits due to massive 2000+ troop parties, i'm half of swadia+nord lands, the rhodoks have taken the other half of the swadians, and the khergits have all of the vaegirs, while the Imperial Legion is pinned down in Tihr, not even they can withstand close to 40,000 khergits sieging their doors non-stop.

Back
Top Bottom