Consolidated Brainstorm list for Future SoD Versions

Users who are viewing this thread

The Trolling of this man(?) should be put to an end now, and so, I won't post anything in this topic for a while, as that is the best, renowned way for removing troublesome trolls

Miko[PL] said:
The Trolling of this man(?) should be put to an end now, and so, I won't post anything in this topic for a while, as that is the best, renowned way for removing troublesome trolls
Noone cares dude.

Miko[PL] said:

Trolling, no, defending my favorite mod for M&B, yes. You say it's going to die, I say it's not,you say it's going to turn out like the rest of the mods, I think they're working diligently on it,so calm down, hold your pants, and we'll see who wins.

X-Warrior-X said:
Miko[PL] said:

Trolling, no, defending my favorite mod for M&B, yes. You say it's going to die, I say it's not,you say it's going to turn out like the rest of the mods, I think they're working diligently on it,so calm down, hold your pants, and we'll see who wins.

The mod will always live because of the people that play them, point blank & simple...

Yea this mod will def not die, it cant and wont, I cant wait when v5 comes out, it may take a while but i can entertain myself.

I had an idea (not sure how original it is) to make town/castle/village improvements cost not only denars, but also require you to gather the materials to build it.  It may mean adding or modifying some of the trade goods.  The building costs would be a combination of X units of tools, timber, iron, stone, perhaps food to feed the workers, etc.  (e.g. a Watchtower would cost 6 timber, 2 tools and 800 denar.  A Blacksmith would cost 6 stone, 6 tools, 10 iron, and 1000 denar, etc.)  With regional price differences, you would be faced with the choice of paying high local prices for scarce building materials, or going into foreign territory to get the materials in more reliable quantities or for lower prices.  It would make acquiring villages in different regions, maintaining good relations with villages and trading more important.  The availability of certain resources in the region that you decide to start in could affect your decisions about what buildings to build first.

Is there any way to pay the dev team for their effort? I really enjoyed POP and SOD, I would gladly contribute to both teams in some way if I could :smile:

Would it be hard to make companions garrison castles and lead regiments?
Sometimes it would be very useful to leave a companion behind, for example when I would like to have a tiny and quick elite cavalry force moving with a speed over 8, and an infantry-based companion would just hold me back. Yes, I can give them a skill of 1 in riding after leveling up, and remove their horses before the battle, but it would be much better to just leave them in my castle.

PVal said:
Would it be hard to make companions garrison castles and lead regiments?
Sometimes it would be very useful to leave a companion behind, for example when I would like to have a tiny and quick elite cavalry force moving with a speed over 8, and an infantry-based companion would just hold me back. Yes, I can give them a skill of 1 in riding after leveling up, and remove their horses before the battle, but it would be much better to just leave them in my castle.

Not at all, You can try it yourself, Use the M&B troop editor to edit the NPC slots and uncheck the flag that denies the switching of troops... Be careful though I've never tried it myself...

Alu said:
Will there ever be a V5? If yes, who is working on it?

There is a beta version of the new version (cba to get the version). It is in active developement if all else is wrong :p.

-- snip --

My ideas:
Marriage system (perhaps stealing ladies from an existing lord causing him to go angry and declare war)
An active Marshal (either you make one of your lords the marshal)
-- Im sick and tired of seeing other marshals being proactive in the war and mine just sitting around with the chancellor and treasurer.
--- If the marshal dies or is caputred, you can speak to your chancellor to promote a new one.
More options for treasurer
-- Adding men to caravans, etc
-- Investments are actually dependant on whether caravans make it to their destinations or not.
-- Perhaps global tax regulations
-- Delegating money to your lords as a whole (delegating x% of your finances to your lords to help out)
Making some heir system
-- either making one of your lords a heir or using the marriage system to make your own heir (and adjust it so you dont need to wait 18 or so years for him to be usable)
Living towns
-- people actually talk to each other, or the guards, and actually go places
-- bigger towns, where you can get lost in a maze of streets
-- the taverns have normal people in them (more if you buy the town a whole keg of ale)
-- a "building" where your army rests (maybe put the top men in there to keep it from overcrowding)
-- some houses visitable
-- remove the menu items so you have to walk around in the town to get to places
--- some beggars may come up and talk to you and beg for money (if your a ****, you can get the guards to arrest him)
-- Guards make patrols in town
--- a guard will walk around with the population (in a set path so they dont wander arround looking like an idiot)
-- Lords resting can sometimes be seen in the tavern or in the market place (same for some guards/your resting army)

More military adjustments:
-- I am honestly SICK AND PISSED at sieging castles/towns. Seriously, ONE ladder for ALL your men? (im using battlesizer mod but even 100 was annoying).  If i wasent the first one at the ladder my men would be slaughtered (2 men could fit on the ladder VS the 20 at the walls). Trying to get up a ladder/siege tower with your men on it is simply irritating. Possibly taking your skill into count, and asking how many ladders you want would be great (add a max # per castle seeing as every castle may not support the same # of ladders).
-- Better autoresolve
--- See: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131493.0.html

Skirmish adjustments.
-- Should make it menu based instead of dialog based as its too long and repetivie to setup a battle.
-- Forbid the export of the Jester (i did that and changed the name of the file and made my guy invincible skill wise :razz:)

Variety of lords per faction.
-- The republic of Marinian shouldnt have the same lords as the antarians etc

Random events
-- Maybe the Antarian (random) empire sets a foothold in Calradia (you dont know they are there until  they capture a settlement)
--- Could be derived from a large group of deserters ( i saw a group of 400 deserters once, mostly full of antarian men )
-- Maybe a ship fleet crashes and a huge group of sea raiders (maybe 100-200 of them at one time) and they start raiding nearby towns (they dont make a faction seeing as they are just bandits)
-- Natural disasters
--- Effects the posperity, health, population of villages, towns, and could damage buildings rendering them useless until fixed.

Your own claimant
-- Sometimes a lords relation gets really low ( i had a lord at -86 relations once ), and he rebels against your faction.
--- Possibly he unites with an old hero of your party (considering one left you).

Diplomatic Adjustments
-- Able to make alliances (given a whole system, i will explain more in a short bit)
-- Able to merge kindgoms (yet again, a whole system)
-- Bribery, more options for peace
-- ACTUAL diplomats
--- If the diplmats (escored by guards or w/e, customizable) are killed, the kingdom does not receive the message. (adds the possibility of the kingdom purposely killing the diplomat to avoid relations)

Diplomatic System
-- Bribery depends on the other lords relation with the king, his number of villages/estates and his relation with your faction AND your relation.
--- richer lords are less likely to leave seeing as they are set as is
--- poor-er lords may require multiple payments or one huge lump sum
--- bribing one lord may work until the king recognizes it and instills fear into his lords (or whatever it shall be)
-- Diplomatic depends on faction relations, if you have gone to war in the past, and common enemies.
--- Failed diplomacy makes each concurrent diplomatic encounter less likely to work.
--- Depends on your skills of administration or intrigues (seeing as they are both noble skills)
--- Depends on past problems (if youe gone to war, how many of their estates youve taken)
--- Basically, diplomacy depends on the topic; alliances are touchy subjects but....  peace is a little more likely to be signed upon.
-- Option to cancel peace treaties
--- Ask their king if they want to cancel it for w/e reason; same goes for them asking you

As for diplomatic relations involving badboy, i personally dont like badboy. For example, i took a vageir city, which is reasonable for badboy, but then i declared peace. They re-waged war on me, and i took a few cities in retaliation (can cause i had money saved up), and my badboy was at 40, then swadia declared war on me (swadia is at war with the vaegirs too).  the badboy system needs a redo, add that to the list too :p.

So, thats my list of suggestions, and it may change as time goes on. I will post updates as spoilers so you can see what i added to the list at what edit i did it at.

Town Guard Options:
Options for appointing a town garrison captain.  Able to make patrols via that captain, and set the aggresive levels of the patrols/their willpower to chase down surrounding enemies.

Breaking peace treaties:
Both parties must agree to cancel a peace treaty if its brought up; forgot to include that bit

- Please, don't remove the menus to visit places. In fact, it would be better to introduce new ones, like talking with the guild master. People tend to play the game for fun, and not have it like a workplace, where you have to go down the same road and do the same thing hundreds of times.  Hm... what about an option of removing all the menus for people and places BUT make them available after you found them and talked with them at least once. So if you enter a new town you never visited, it's unknown, but once you talk with the guild master, a merchant, an arena master, etc., you van later find them in the menu.

- About the single ladders: you can install the siege pack. I think it's intentionally left out of the official release because there are people who like the original ladder more. You can download and install the addon yourself. (Lords and realms siege pack or some similar name)

- What it would be better to make organizing your economy a higher priority and depend on your taxes/fiefs/trade/economy much more. Currently, as a queen of a land with five towns and numerous castles, most of my profits still come from tournaments and chasing bandits. I don't think this was the way kings in the past ruled their countries.

Wow! This thread is impressive! So can I post some suggestions here aswell? I think I might have some dubble ones, so I filtered those.

Refugees:
-Random event. Villagers from old continent ask you for asylum. You get 3 options:
*Agree and order the built of extra houses (500 denar) (+Honour, +Population)
*Agree to let them stay in your villages. (+Population)
*Decline (Either -Honour or no penalty)

-Like Man hunters, see, now and then, a group of friendly refuge troops patrolling around attacking bandits. Men who fled to Calradia like you and thirst for revenge. Can be recruited for money to join your army.
-Refugee soldiers in taverns working as mercs. Survived the legion and are now willing to join you to retake their homeland for a price of course.

Items:
-Refuge Merchant (rare), a merchant from the other continent which can sometimes be found in taverns. He sells rare goods native to the other continent like:
*Villianian's Legacy (book), teaches +1  Power Draw
*Antarian Fruit(/wine) (food), a food source which gives +30 moral, but only has 10/10 endurance)
*The Adenian Charge (book), teaches +1 Riding
*Marinian's Gold (book), teaches +1 Trade
*Zerrikanian's Trade (book), while in your inventory +1 Trade
*The Roman Discipline (book), teaches +1 Training
*Painting of <King name goes here>, increases Intrigues (propaganda) +1 while in your inventory

Religion:

Signs of Religion (Religious items, Miracles, Avatars)
-Items, Can be found when sending an expedition to your native land. Greatly increases relations with your religion. Some other items can be a rare drop from fighting Romans. And sometimes a foreign merchant sells something in his shop. Not knowing what it is.
-Miracles, random events. (example) A sick town suddenly gains a health boost or a Miracle Harvest which brings great prosperity to your villages.
-Avatars (/messiah/Demigod/Genius) Depending on the religion. These are the favored chosen of your religion. Your God's hand rests on their shoulder and guides their blade. This unit comes to you when you have high religion. However they are rare (more so then faith troops) and you usually won't have more then 1 in your army.

Plot:
-Depending on your religion you get a quest to go and find one of the most important members of your religion. This will be a Hero character only available by doing the quest.  (alternative for Avatars suggestion ^ )

Improvements:

Inspired by the old Age of Empire games. A whole new screen dedicated to improvements. (Similar to King's Edict screen) Here you can pay gold to improve your Kingdom. You can only acces the Improvements screen after you've captured your first Town. A few ideas are:
-Irrigation, improves the farmlands and creates greater prosperity for all your villages.
-Masons, expert builders decrease the time it takes to built buildings in your kingdom.
-Doctors, medical professionals who improve health in all your towns.

Visual Supplement:
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/3209/visualsupplementsod.png

Edit: After reading some other posts I realised some of these features might already been in there / being added later. So pardon me for suggesting them. :smile:

All i would say is Make NPC's (YOur Lords, Enemy Lords and such) More advanced, So they will actually go recruit, Raid, and stuff, i havent seen them besieging a castle On their own, they all stay Inside a Castle and do ****...

Mercenary Shops
Have mercenary shops set up in their camps. Selling their mercenary related items. (Black army sells Pistols, Serpent Host sells strong bows, and so forth.)
They could have 0 Denars on hand, so you can only buy  (Kinda like villages)

Tiny Quick Battle Campaign
I played a few of the Quick Battles yesterday on the starting menu, and they're great!
Here's an idea. Have 4 or so skirmishes related to eachother. You can decided to do them whenever you want and they offer just a bit of story and fun.

-Regional Items
-More loot
-More money in quests (early game) it's hard to maintain an army when the loot is poor.
-The health is important?
-More money in merchants menu...

Random events should usually have options which carry advantages and disadvantages to any option you take.

Most events I have seen are pay x denars (best option)
Don't pay say ok (tiny advantage)
Say no (disadvantage)

I am thinking of something like:

Some people seek refuge in your village.
Say yes ( +population, - health , -prosperity, -acceptiveness)
Say yes and educate the people (only available with school or similar, +pop, -health, -acceptiveness)
Say yes and invest money so they can find jobs ( + pop, +prosperity, - health, -1000denars, -acceptiveness)
Say yes and train them as a militia (+2 of whatever lower rank in nearest garrison, -200 denars, -acceptiveness)
Say yes, educate them and invest in infrastructure to permanently accomodate the refugess ( +pop, +prosperity, +honour, -2000 denars, school necessary)
Say no (-honour, +acceptiveness)
Say no but buy refugee tents ( -300 denars, +acceptiveness)
Say no but give them food (-100, , +acceptiveness)
Say no but give them food, and buy tents ( -350)
Say no but give them food, tents and train some of them to be soldiers (-1000 denars, +honour, -acceptivenss)
Say no and build some village infrastructure instead (-500, + a lot of acceptiveness, +prosperity, -a lot of honour)
Say no and give some money to the church to help the refugees (only possible with a church or similar, -250, +tiny pop, +believers in village)

This is just an example and of course there are probably too many options, but something that gives a lot of different consequences sounds nice.

So if you say yes, you will basically have a higher population, but your damn xenophobic bunch of villagers won't be happy with you spending money on outsiders, especially if you could have just given them the money instead. Say no, your villagers will be happy, but...

And so on.

I've got two, maybe three ideas

1. Enemy attrition

It's anoying when i burned all enemy villages, killed 2000-3000 trops, but they keep sending and sending armies. Should be some war exaustion, when we killed so many troops, enemy nation should beg us for peace because we almost destroyed theirs kingdom. Should be possibility to make peace not only through relations but demand peace/castles/cities through war exaustion. It would be more real and less annoying, also give possibility to break military force of kingdom.

2. Construct more diplomation option. Some sort of alliance etc. Also it would be great to have some sort of diplomat, who may increase our relations with neighbours.

3. Bigger difference between nations. Troops difference are fine, but there should be some more. Like for example, Marina Repulic may have bonuses to trade/taxes, Kingdom of Aden is feudal, so more manpower but less taxes from town, bigger from villages etc.

4. Also, It would be cool to make an order to ours lords or mercenaries group to besiege a castle/loot village/town. Imagine sending wave of slaves after wave to bleed defenders :razz:

5. Maybe some sort of espionage? Possibility to send an assassin to kill enemy lord (it may cost a lost and have percents chance.) And of course it would works in other way - We/our lords would be a target of enemies assassins :smile:

6. When I took nord king, i spotted that I can talk with him and execute him :razz: It was great, I mean - It would be great if we can do something with our prisoners. Of course I don't mean tormenting them :razz: Talk with them, push them to make a peace, sway them to fight on our side etc.

Edit: Also, when we choose a marshall (one of our lords) he doesn't do anything. Totally. He doesn't organize campaigns like he should. Some sort of a bug?

7. There should be a possibility to order our lords to besiege castles, towns. It would be a huge improvement for strategic map.

8. Patrols, I've seen this in warband. It would be cool to organize patrols around our villages, towns, castles. In the end, our economy depents on caravans and peasants buying stuff. It's not great when they're getting slaughter by bandits

9. Titlening. We should be recognised by our status. What it means: All of our lords, companions, ministers should call us correct. Playing Empire of Antares, Lords may start a dialog with "Yes, my Emperor?" etc. It gives feeling that we're really a ruler. Also, there should be gender recognising. Not King but Queen, not Emperor, but Empress etc.

10. Repair Patrol Option. It's bugged. When I ordered my mercenaries to patrol around - they're just staying near the place. When I ordered them to "Patrol this area" - they finally worked.

Back
Top Bottom