Consolidated Brainstorm list for Future SoD Versions

Users who are viewing this thread

Best mod I have played, but one of the best things about this game seems too also be a flaw in my opinion, of the factions you can choose they are all so specialized at a certain type of combat which is really a great idea, but at the same time they are so specialized that all the factions are one trick ponies in my opinion, like Antares for example, anything other then their melee infantry is a liability to have in youre armies, i wouldnt suggest extremely elite troops of each type per faction but at least much more competent support units to youre factions specialty. maybe even have the nobles be able to branch off to different unit types at tier 2 and dont have them go higher then tier 2 nobles (except the factions specialty type).

Also I play this game on the harder difficulties making it much more realistic and i am required to rely on my lords alot because its not even close to possible to one man army the game with the difficulty jacked up, and i love that, but one thing i have noticed is that once you eliminate a faction and a half you start to have too many lands to manage because the neutral lords number only 20, so at this point in the game i spend 70% of my time defending and 20% of my time rebuilding my army because my lords are too stretched out, perhaps a way that when you eliminate a faction the lords join the neutral pool and the ones that dont hate youre guts would be willing to join you. also the lords could use a tweak to their ability to follow orders given to them.

As I'm currently playing Villianese a suggestion for archer armies:

Is it possible to add a order to refill quivers?
Either by just refilling the quivers or by retreating the archers to a central point (the chest?)

^Ooooooooo I love this idea ^ Maybe even change the start position to have stacks of arrows and throwing weapons near the chest.
And it would take them like 30 seconds to reload.

After you establish a empire and have say, a Town and 5 Castles, be able to form an alliance with a Claimant, and in return for getting him to the throne, he'll give you 50 of his kingdom's top tier troops, and never declare war on you.

I definitely like the idea of creating and improving choke points and villages/castles/towns located in such an area. Please consider adding a fee to pass depending on your troop size. (This could/should have some economic impact for the location or the owner as well, therefore making chokepoints even more important.)
A village, castle or town could lets say own a bridge. A castle or town could also own a pass.

The fee could be demanded by a patrol that is sent out by its specific location. Obviously it should play a role what position you are in (adventurer/merchant, liedge, king), how your relations towards the village/castle/town are and how many troops you have.

A patrol of 10 wont take on an army of a hundred, its unlikely they d even risk to ask for a toll. (Unless they have the support of a bigger force nearby. Town/Castle)

Streets and forests also sound like a possibility to add another great new strategic side to the game. Large armies especially infantry depend on streets and should receive a rather big movement penalty for other terrain types depending on the troop size and its slowest unit type, while small groups can easily cross through the countryside and even travel through woods with a decent (yet slower than normal) speed.

Gives the issues with bandits a whole new twist too :grin: A problem here could be the AI. I am not sure if you could tell them to avoid certain terrain types after they reach a troop number that d reduce their speed on such terrain.

EDIT: I am aware that SOD already offers a ton of great features, but Waihti created an amazing mod for Warband called diplomacy. He offers it to be implemented into other mods. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,176.0.html So why not have a look and see if you can merge it. :smile:

Introduce Spies

Change the event Kingdom A declares war on Kingdom B into a series of events. If you have spies they will tell you Kingdom A is rallying its troop, Kingdom A is moving its troop to Kingdom Xs borders, Kingdom A declared War on Kingdom X. Depending on your number of spies, you will receive more information. So that you know all of the above or just that Kingdom A has declared war on Kingdom X.

A few different ideas I had while playing:

1. Random event: Refugees
Several families from {the Antarian Empire} have reached Calradia and ask for shelter.
  • I give you some land to farm in {your smallest village}." -> more taxpayers in the village, possible increase in religion, possible change in relations (good or bad) with the village.
  • "Lord {holder of the smallest village in your kingdom} has room in {smallest village in your kingdom} and will give you some land to farm." -> more taxpayers in the village, possible increase in religion, possible change in relations (good or bad) with the village and/or lord.
  • "There is always enough room in my kingdom for you." -> distribute some taxpayers to all villages in the kingdom.
  • "Off with you freeloaders!"
  • "Nice disguise you imperial spy - kill/enslave them."

2. Random event: Skilled Refugees
Several families of craftsmen from {the Antarian Empire} have reached Calradia and ask for shelter.
  • There are some empty workshops and houses you can use in {one of your cities}." -> more taxpayers in the city, possible increase in religion, possible change in relations (good or bad) with the city.
  • "Lord {holder of the smallest village in your kingdom} will give you some workshops and houses in {smallest city in your kingdom}." -> more taxpayers in the city, possible increase in religion, possible change in relations (good or bad) with the city and/or lord.
  • "There is always a need for skilled craftsmen in my kingdom for you." -> distribute some taxpayers to all cites in the kingdom.
  • "Off with you freeloaders!"
  • "Nice disguise you imperial spy - kill/enslave them."

3. Different start
I think I remember someone already making the suggestion...
You not only arrive with a small group of fighters but also civilian refugees. This allows you to place a camp on the map. This camp can be upgraded to village - city - capital with money, time and skill, upgrading it to city is the same as conquering your first castle/city for yourself (start of your kingdom).
This would require new scenes and probably actually new scenes for each different starting kingdom (different building style).
Option: After the construction of the city it's also possible to "pop" a few new villages that are attached to it.

waldo254 said:
Also I play this game on the harder difficulties making it much more realistic and i am required to rely on my lords alot because its not even close to possible to one man army the game with the difficulty jacked up, and i love that, but one thing i have noticed is that once you eliminate a faction and a half you start to have too many lands to manage because the neutral lords number only 20, so at this point in the game i spend 70% of my time defending and 20% of my time rebuilding my army because my lords are too stretched out, perhaps a way that when you eliminate a faction the lords join the neutral pool and the ones that dont hate youre guts would be willing to join you. also the lords could use a tweak to their ability to follow orders given to them.

When you formed a kingdom in the mod Native Expansion you recruit the lords from the other factions just like this, so it is easily possible and has my support.

EDIT: Warrior, no offence, but thats a terrible idea.

So you get 50 troops, and you can never go to war with his faction ever? Or, the second possibility (you didnt really explain it that well) he gets YOUR kingdom. Just not that great an idea.

ANOTHER EDIT: Berpol, i like the idea of establishing a camp with refugees, i would keep it at village level MAX, but a great idea.

Nothing348 said:

EDIT: Warrior, no offence, but thats a terrible idea.

I never said you gave him your lands, just prove your good enough to defend your own, and help him attack the others, would give you more allies when the IL invades. And you can declare war on him, just he won't declare war on you.

Another few things I noticed but forgot to post:

The menu to allocate fiefs is unwieldy.
  • The exit dialog is at the bottom, when you own all of Calradia you have to scroll past all cities, castles and villages. If it were at the top it would be easier.
  • I often want to distribute fiefs belonging to me to lords with no fiefs. Again when you own a lot of Calradia you have to search a lot, especially because the cities, castles and villages are ordered like they are in the txt files and not alphabetically (or other). A second dialog option to only distribute fiefs owned by yourself could help.
  • Similar with the list of nobles though I had less trouble here because I kept my own list to check relations and behavior (honorable, dishonorable...)

I know I wanted to post more but I've forgotten again... :mad:

X-Warrior-X said:
After you establish a empire and have say, a Town and 5 Castles, be able to form an alliance with a Claimant, and in return for getting him to the throne, he'll give you 50 of his kingdom's top tier troops, and never declare war on you.
It might be better if he where to acknowledge you as emperor and his whole kingdom joins yours politically.
This would allow you to give military orders to him (through a diplomat) but you won't be able to allocate fiefs.

Berpol said:
X-Warrior-X said:
It might be better if he where to acknowledge you as emperor and his whole kingdom joins yours politically.
This would allow you to give military orders to him (through a diplomat) but you won't be able to allocate fiefs.

That's what I meant, but I just didn't know how to word it.

This is going to be a great game, top 5 mods to stand test of times as long as mount and blade is around. My main suggestion is to not port to warband, I own a copy of warband, and theres constant updates which makes it hard for mods to be implemented. Not to mention alot of people have lagging issues with warband. It would be better if this game remains for warband, it already looks like it will take a while before it is completed by trying to get it to warband will take years, and constantly having to update the mod to keep up with warband.

Zulhandro said:
This is going to be a great game, top 5 mods to stand test of times as long as mount and blade is around. My main suggestion is to not port to warband, I own a copy of warband, and theres constant updates which makes it hard for mods to be implemented. Not to mention alot of people have lagging issues with warband. It would be better if this game remains for warband, it already looks like it will take a while before it is completed by trying to get it to warband will take years, and constantly having to update the mod to keep up with warband.
There ain't gonna' be V5, because it's ABANDONED! Don't you get it, people? It's the DNF of M&B!

Miko[PL] said:
Zulhandro said:
There ain't gonna' be V5, because it's ABANDONED! Don't you get it, people? It's the DNF of M&B!

I suggest you shut up before I put 50 Mountain Heart Arrows into your face.

X-Warrior-X said:
Miko[PL] said:
Zulhandro said:

I just don't understand why people get so rude for no reason....I did not offend anybody, I didn't told anything offensive, I JUST TOLD THE FACT! A fact that no one gets to understand.
vonmistont, neither Twan (which are [i think] the two people most responsible for SoD) haven't showed up on the forum for longer than two months, and absolutely NO SERIOUS PROGRESS has been made with SoD V5, which makes your suggestions pretty much pointless, as there is 0% right now that they will be implemented.

Miko[PL] said:
X-Warrior-X said:
Miko[PL] said:
Zulhandro said:

Cuz SOD is awesome.

I just don't understand why people get so rude for no reason....I did not offend anybody, I didn't told anything offensive, I JUST TOLD THE FACT! A fact that no one gets to understand.
vonmistont, neither Twan (which are [i think] the two people most responsible for SoD) haven't showed up on the forum for longer than two months, and absolutely NO SERIOUS PROGRESS has been made with SoD V5, which makes your suggestions pretty much pointless, as there is 0% right now that they will be implemented.

Back
Top Bottom