Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

phlpp said:
Kadoken said:
When I asked about the micro factions, I literally meant, what are the micro factions?
an Ainu alliance?
Company of European mercenaries?
Ninjas/Shinobis?
Different groups of Ronin?
Anachronistic Yakuza?

Also, I don't think I was answered when I asked if Phlpp ever considered expanding Gekokujo to Okinawa and Korea basically turning the mod into an Imjin mod.
microfactions are a misnomer, since they aren't actually factions. they are independent settlements (which i call forts) scattered throughout the map. they don't interact with the regular factions, except through bandit parties

they generate bandit parties kind of like hideouts, but are permanent. you can raid them and suppress them so they stop generating bandits temporarily, or you can conquer them like a castle. they're kind of halfway between a castle and a hideout, and that's why i call them forts. their garrisons are smaller (40% of a castle's, and a castle's garrison is 40% of a town's). if you own one, you gain a modest income from them. you can also recruit special types of troops for free -or- you can produce trade goods. you can only conquer a small number of forts based on your leadership skill

they're supposed to be a mid-game hook that bridges the gap between hunting bandits/doing quests and being a proper vassal/going to war. right now, as far as forts go, there are 2 temples, 2 minor samurai castles, and 2 ainu villages. i might add 2 pirate fortresses, but probably not (the pirate troop types are awful and don't fit unless i create new sets of armor, which i am definitely not gonna do).

and no, this is not going to be an imjin war mod

maybe only extends the release for something that might or might not work. Are you on the home stretch now? I check here a couple times a day because I literally have no games I want to play and I very little work left to do.

phlpp said:
i'll ask for a subforum, set it up, take suggestions for future updates, and be on the lookout for emergency bugfixes for a week or so (that's where the 3.1s and 3.2s will come from). then i will take a month break to catch up on several books and games in my backlog :lol:

Thanks for answering and clarifying. We will play the new release like crazy, so be prepared for several reports and suggestions :smile: .

Yemeth said:
phlpp said:
i'll ask for a subforum, set it up, take suggestions for future updates, and be on the lookout for emergency bugfixes for a week or so (that's where the 3.1s and 3.2s will come from). then i will take a month break to catch up on several books and games in my backlog :lol:

Thanks for answering and clarifying. We will play the new release like crazy, so be prepared for several reports and suggestions :smile: .

like bigger shoulder guards. But do that after 3.0  :wink:

Khamukkamu said:
phlpp said:
MileHighGuy said:
You should add the sound and smoke mod from with fire and sword.
i already added new gun sounds and better gunsmoke, but i didn't use fire and sword's. i'm not sure i'd be allowed to, if i wanted to do it.

I believe you can, just need to ask their permission. Yifeng_konjac did it for 16th century

Incoming:
snip

I am talking about using a user created mod. NOT the wfas files. mod link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,169492.0.html

phlpp said:
microfactions are a misnomer, since they aren't actually factions. they are independent settlements (which i call forts) scattered throughout the map. they don't interact with the regular factions, except through bandit parties

they generate bandit parties kind of like hideouts, but are permanent. you can raid them and suppress them so they stop generating bandits temporarily, or you can conquer them like a castle. they're kind of halfway between a castle and a hideout, and that's why i call them forts. their garrisons are smaller (40% of a castle's, and a castle's garrison is 40% of a town's). if you own one, you gain a modest income from them. you can also recruit special types of troops for free -or- you can produce trade goods. you can only conquer a small number of forts based on your leadership skill

Holy crap, this is what you meant by Microfactions... Bloody brilliant. You are a beast Phipp!

This is exactly what I need to help me in the middle of the game. Thank you! I cant wait to start playing 3.0, so excited right now! Dont get me wrong when I was reading what you had planned for 3.0 I was so stoked... But this is just so awesome I had to make my first post just to tell you how wonderful this is, and how much I appreciate EVERYTHING you have done for the game and our community.

So as my first post here in the forums... Thank you Phipp.

(there really isnt a way to express what you have done, that I have enjoyed FOR FREE, but please know that someone really appreciates you very hard work... I also noticed you said something about thinking it would be lazy to use some vanilla huts for some scenes, LMAO, dude never use the word lazy again to describe your work, IM A LAZY ****, youre a beast.)

From /vg/

"Now I look at the thread after all this time and they're talking about procedurally generated enemy lords that you can kill or force to sodoku or some ****."

:lol:

R.E. gunsmoke & sounds, there's always this, which has three separate sets of sounds. I prefer the reenactors one, but whatever floats your fune.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,239273.0.html

And for smoke, i...erm...*ahem*

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,299574.0.html

Hi phlpp, your mod is awesome, I just want to ask you something, some time ago you said that you expect that the new version of the mod will improve the game performance, but how's that?, I mean, are we gonna have a better performance than we have now using the same pc resources or is it gonna need more resoruces?
Thanks in advance
sorry for bad english.

It'll probably be because of optimized scripts. It won't improve game performance if your PC already can't handle the graphics or anything. But a lot of the stuttery lag in Warband especially in the world map and in combat is because of scripts.

--- AFTER DEFEATING THE SATAKE ---

There was a long period of quiet in the Land of the Rising Sun... or at least, "long" as compared to the constant chaos and bloodshed that beset the lands shortly before.

After Sho Tetsurou defeated the Satake Clan, he set to regrouping, replenishing, and retraining his battle-weary army.

During this period, Tetsurou travelled throughout northern Japan buying up what few commercial enterprises he did not already hold, and crushed hundreds of Ronin in the countryside around Kiyosu along the way.

One day, he stumbled upon a Ronin Hideout... and immediately set out to hunt The Most Dangerous Game(™)!

---

Stalking through the hills, Tetsurou (followed by his retainers Yeosong, Mokou, Musashi, Kojiro, Hyogonosuke and Meiling) laid his eyes upon the enemy hideout.

Around a handful of ronin milled around below. Climbing over the crest of a large outcropping illuminated by an orange sunset, Tetsurou and his companions took aim upon the enemy...

"FIRE!"
UyP8o.jpg

Beneath the blood orange sunset, the twangs of bows and the whizzes and the whirs of arrows - occasionally punctuated with sharp cries of pain for good measure - drifted gently into the breeze.

But just like the ronin themselves, these brief adventures of swords and sunsets had to come to an end.

And so it was that Tetsurou, gazing into the distance at something seemingly out of reach, set his farsighted eyes upon his next target.
KzXpF.jpg

He could not afford to sit around forever. His enemies grew stronger with every day, and the longer he waited... the further the unification of Japan slipped away.

---

Three days later, a civil dispute broke out between villagers of the Kaga Ikki and the Sho Clan. There were three murders, and cattle belonging to the Sho was stolen.
Coincidentally, there were rumours that the Sho Clan was growing impatient with the current state of peace.

How very convenient. Did the Oni in Red perhaps set the whole thing up so he would have an excuse to declare war? Regardless of anyone's suspicions, Tetsurou did not hesitate to take the opportunity!

To his army's delight, and his treasurer's dismay - he declared a state of war!

---

Riding west from Kofu at the head of his army, Sho Tetsurou came upon the heavily defended fortress of Toyama Castle.

With a garrison of 300 men in a considerably powerful castle by itself, they were already a force to be reckoned with. Adding to this though, these were Sohei warrior monks... the most dangerous dismounted fighters in all of Japan.

Armed to the teeth with spears and naginatas, the monks formed a defensive wall that resembled the ass of a gigantic porcupine, with the tenacity and iron will to match.

They were backed up by skilled archers with powerful weapons - and even if Tetsurou could sneak past the infantry lines, the archers themselves were no slouches in melee combat either, actually knowing how to USE their wakizashis, unlike all the other archers in Japan.

Victory today wasn't going to be painless at all...

Marching through the front gates of Toyama Castle, Tetsurou ducked beneath a horrendous hail of enemy arrows and bullets, which instead impacted the men behind him.
abfDN.jpg

Following a similar plan to usual, the Oni in Red sprinted up the spiraling stairway past the entrance of the castle. No doubt he was holding his breath as bullets and arrows whizzed past his head...

The infantry line waiting for him at the top of the stairs brandishing yaris and naginatas aplenty, did indeed resemble an angry porcupine's ass. Thankfully, even though he was in the reach of their polearms, they couldn't bodyblock the crimson armoured warlord, and he quickly sliced his way past the enemy.

Entering one of the enemy marksman posts overlooking his army, he struggled more than usual to kill the dozen or so archers and gunners taking position inside.
Tetsurou discovered to his slight dismay that these men were actually quite light on their feet, and the wakizashi strikes he could usually easily step away from or let harmlessly bounce off his armour actually hurt him. It appears that the monks were the only faction in Japan who gave their archers training in infantry combat.

Nevertheless though, the monks here were still severely outmatched by the Oni in Red, and he sliced his way through that position and two more, culminating in a small tower full of archers that fell before him.

His men though... were perhaps not so lucky.

-

While it was indeed lucky that Tetsurou was not filled with holes by Kaga Ikki gunners (they were using matchlock guns bought directly from Dutch traders!), his men had to pit themselves against the terror that were the Naginata Monks - backed up by yet more gunners and archers in the central castle keep above.

For the first time in well... EVER... enemy troops were nearly (not quite, but he had to give them credit) matching his troops in power on a one to one basis.
The Naginata monks were as steely and unforgiving as their blades... and homicidally furious!

To swing the flow of the battle back in his favour, Tetsurou had to jump into the ongoing melee himself.
Immediately recognising him, the monks were eager to take out the ambitious warlord.

Their reach, combined with their quick footwork, was problematic. But after luring a small group of monks into his range of attack, his sword blurred as he slew his enemies.
_y2uB.jpg

It looked like his men were pushing through - but then another wave of angry monks appeared, and the Demon of the Sho found himself beating a hasty tactical retreat after they defeated the rest of his vanguard!
VyhPl.jpg

Joining up with a new wave of his men though, they pushed through the monks, bit by bit. As his men held a steadily advancing line towards the central fortress, Tetsurou unslung his yet unused bow, and attempted to match each and every single one of his 68 arrows to an enemy marksman.

Amazingly, he almost succeeded, only missing half a dozen shots. This may have turned the battle in his favour, as his forces picked up more momentum and charged into the central keep.

After much more fighting in far closer quarters, the monks were now the ones at a disadvantage. In the middle of an open courtyard, naginatas are scary weapons, but indoors, nodachis - or better yet, katanas - were more suitable for the tightly packed melee.

The fighting continued for some time, but eventually, the monks stopped coming.
They were victorious!
NThWY.jpg

... However, after losing 36 men in battle, with 68 more injured out of a party of only 150... was it truly a victory?
At least... as Tetsurou reflected soberly... not the kind he was used to.

One thing is bothering me.
Why i'm not able to join the bandits/pirates side on battles?
I tried to find tweaks but to no avail. The mod is awesome and i intended to gain positive relations with bandits becaus my character embodies the one who will bring true peace to everyone. And thats everyone. If i get positive relations with all those renegades and outlaws and deserters, my faction villages wont longer be raided, villagers wont be attacked on the road, in fact will be protected by them if possible boosting prosperity. The only ones that could target innocent people are the other lords, effectively making them the real enemy, so when i have "freed" all villages and towns, i wont accept any lords on my faction, so the land will be for the people only, thus ending the game cause there won't be any more fighting left, not even AI fights.

But i can't join bandits on fights! I'm used to doing that on other mods so i know its possible...Can someone help me achieve this?

NameAlreadyInUse said:
One thing is bothering me.
Why i'm not able to join the bandits/pirates side on battles?
I tried to find tweaks but to no avail. The mod is awesome and i intended to gain positive relations with bandits becaus my character embodies the one who will bring true peace to everyone. And thats everyone. If i get positive relations with all those renegades and outlaws and deserters, my faction villages wont longer be raided, villagers wont be attacked on the road, in fact will be protected by them if possible boosting prosperity. The only ones that could target innocent people are the other lords, effectively making them the real enemy, so when i have "freed" all villages and towns, i wont accept any lords on my faction, so the land will be for the people only, thus ending the game cause there won't be any more fighting left, not even AI fights.

But i can't join bandits on fights! I'm used to doing that on other mods so i know its possible...Can someone help me achieve this?

SOLVED - To anyone interested, this tweak still works.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,46290.msg1530222.html#msg1530222

I didn't check if every number in the interval matches, but should you replace whatever is in the same place where the red numbers shouldd by 0, it will work. Thank you guys happy gaming - You should be proud for your mod my sibling

that tweak won't let you have positive relations with bandits. bandits are hardcoded to be enemies with everyone at all times, so you can join the battle on their side, but they'll still be hostile.
anyway, not as if bandits countrywide are suddenly going to be friendly with you after saving a couple of them from a lord.

plus, bandit infestations and bandit quest are handled outside of the relations system. they still happen regardless.

Back
Top Bottom