Comments: 3.0 Released

Users who are viewing this thread

I still don't see the point, that's pretty imbalanced if players and ONLY players can cripple their enemies and giving this tool to the AI is like asking for disaster. I don't know, in Gekokujo, with Great Lord Satake and alike, lordship feels more like profession, carried by people of certain clan/family or even their representatives rather than single person, so their "immortality" feels more natural than in native.

Do not look here said:
I still don't see the point, that's pretty imbalanced if players and ONLY players can cripple their enemies and giving this tool to the AI is like asking for disaster. I don't know, in Gekokujo, with Great Lord Satake and alike, lordship feels more like profession, carried by people of certain clan/family or even their representatives rather than single person, so their "immortality" feels more natural than in native.
It´s not like the player can capture 3 or 4 lords and kill the lot of them. Well, he can, but his own faction would turn against him along with all the others, every lord would be against him. That means no income outside selling stuff, having to sneak to get inside a town or castle, being hunted like a rabid dog by everybody in Japan, no quests... I´d say it´s pretty balanced that way.

I'm not adding this feature in 3.0 but the way I was going to try it was to have the lord's appearance, stats, and personality rerolled somehow (is appearance even possible? i haven't checked) and have them return after a month or so as the successor of the previous lord. other lords would be made to sometimes execute their prisoners or force them to commit seppuku (except for you, of course)

there wouldn't have been much difference to the way it is now, basically, except for the wait. it would have been mostly for immersion -- the sengoku samurai would be made out to be more bloodthirsty than the calradian aristocracy

You could do it for you too. Basically, if you are beaten in a battle then certain parameter checks are run, in terms of your honour level, the other lord's honour level, your relationship, your RtR, your renown, etc. The higher any of those, the lower the chance you are 'executed'. If you are, you take a minor hit to stats (and with experience adjusted accordingly so you get the chance to earn them back), money, renown, RtR. If you choose to surrender in the pre-battle talks, then there's no chance you'll be executed, so if you're facing a dishonourable lord who hates you then that's a viable option. Something along those lines? Maybe something about faction relations e.g. the other faction takes a big hit with your faction and there's a much lower chance that they will peace out if they are 'avenging' you.

It's not something for 3.0, maybe not even for 3.1, but instead of having the player be an unexplained exception, you could actually work the player into the feature and use it to enhance strategic considerations.

I haven't tried changing appearance via scripts. I don't think it's possible. Can't find any commands that can randomize the face for non-generic troops on command anyway.

But stats and personality, even name, is definitely possible heheh.

:idea: horse armor, equipment and other stuff...

:arrow: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:razz:hotographs_from_the_%22Samurai:_Armor_of_the_Warrior%22_exhibit

:arrow: http://www.rosalieneilson.com/portland_art_museum/kumihimo-braids-samurai-exhibit.htm

hzjq.png

samourais1.jpg

rl2h.jpg

DSCN0544_zpsc7d1229a.jpg

xx7m.jpg

Mounted-Samurai-wearing-Tatehagid%C5%8D-Armor-with-horse-wearing-a-horned-dragon-mask-Early-Edo-Period-17th-century-CE-Japan.jpg

web1_Samurai-Artifact-Coll_McCr-2-.jpg

Bamen_%28chanfron%29%2C_Japanese_%28samurai%29_horse_armour_1.jpg

wacf.png

Mounted_samurai_showing_uma_yoroi_or_bagai_%28horse_armor%29.jpg

kn1t.jpg

am3x.jpg

tg1w.png

6io3.png

fxap.jpg

dd5m.jpg

aqe5.jpg

7r0c.jpg

Uma_yoroi_%28samurai_horse_armour%29.jpg

Antique_Japanese_%28samurai%29_bamen_1.jpg

Antique_Japanese_%28samurai%29_bamen.jpg

horsearmorhorsetack_exhibitionimage.jpg

l_2014_1_1_073_exhibitionimage.jpg

Uma_yoroi_%28bagai%29.jpg

Mounted_samurai_showing_uma_yoroi_or_bagai_(horse_armor)_10.jpg

Mounted_samurai_showing_uma_yoroi_or_bagai_%28horse_armor%29_2.jpg

When I asked about the micro factions, I literally meant, what are the micro factions?
an Ainu alliance?
Company of European mercenaries?
Ninjas/Shinobis?
Different groups of Ronin?
Anachronistic Yakuza?

Also, I don't think I was answered when I asked if Phlpp ever considered expanding Gekokujo to Okinawa and Korea basically turning the mod into an Imjin mod.

MileHighGuy said:
You should add the sound and smoke mod from with fire and sword.
i already added new gun sounds and better gunsmoke, but i didn't use fire and sword's. i'm not sure i'd be allowed to, if i wanted to do it.

anyway, progress on microfactions is as follows:

75% or so of the functionality is in. you can visit the forts, their garrisons refresh, you use cheats to conquer or suppress them, suppressed forts return after 10+ days, and so on. you just can't properly besiege them, there are no walkers, you can't talk to the NPCs, and you can't recruit or produce, but adding those parts are easy (adding everything is easy, but once again there's a difference between difficulty and tediousness)

half the fort scenes are mostly done. the only scenes i haven't started on yet are the ainu villages -- that ought to be relatively simple. if i'm feeling lazy i'll just grab a nord village from native and swap the huts

it's april and i'd intended to release mid-january. this is nuts, i want this done already

Kadoken said:
When I asked about the micro factions, I literally meant, what are the micro factions?
an Ainu alliance?
Ninjas/Shinobis?
Anachronistic Yakuza?

Also, I don't think I was answered when I asked if Phlpp ever considered expanding Gekokujo to Okinawa and Korea basically turning the mod into an Imjin mod.
microfactions are a misnomer, since they aren't actually factions. they are independent settlements (which i call forts) scattered throughout the map. they don't interact with the regular factions, except through bandit parties

they generate bandit parties kind of like hideouts, but are permanent. you can raid them and suppress them so they stop generating bandits temporarily, or you can conquer them like a castle. they're kind of halfway between a castle and a hideout, and that's why i call them forts. their garrisons are smaller (40% of a castle's, and a castle's garrison is 40% of a town's). if you own one, you gain a modest income from them. you can also recruit special types of troops for free -or- you can produce trade goods. you can only conquer a small number of forts based on your leadership skill

they're supposed to be a mid-game hook that bridges the gap between hunting bandits/doing quests and being a proper vassal/going to war. right now, as far as forts go, there are 2 temples, 2 minor samurai castles, and 2 ainu villages. i might add 2 pirate fortresses, but probably not (the pirate troop types are awful and don't fit unless i create new sets of armor, which i am definitely not gonna do).

and no, this is not going to be an imjin war mod

Kadoken said:
an Ainu alliance?
Ninjas/Shinobis?
Anachronistic Yakuza?

I only found this post, thought there were some other details posted maybe I just did not search thoroughly enough.

phlpp said:
(...)
kyushu looks a bit different now, and you can reach all the way to tsushima...

i only added this because tsushima is one of of the microfactions that i intend players to be able to take for when they're too big to hunt bandits but still too small to be a vassal.

the microfactions (which ive settled on calling just 'forts') are spread throughout japan and come in 4 flavors -- samurai enclaves, militant temples, ainu villages, and pirate hideouts.

phlpp said:
anyway, progress on microfactions is as follows:

75% or so of the functionality is in. you can visit the forts, their garrisons refresh, you use cheats to conquer or suppress them, suppressed forts return after 10+ days, and so on. you just can't properly besiege them, there are no walkers, you can't talk to the NPCs, and you can't recruit or produce, but adding those parts are easy (adding everything is easy, but once again there's a difference between difficulty and tediousness)

half the fort scenes are mostly done. the only scenes i haven't started on yet are the ainu villages -- that ought to be relatively simple. if i'm feeling lazy i'll just grab a nord village from native and swap the huts

it's april and i'd intended to release mid-january. this is nuts, i want this done already

Thank you for the update.

Even if you have overshot your intended release date, what speaks volumes is that the interest has not wavered a bit since January. So, thanks and I am for some copy/paste (swap huts from native scene) because you more than earned some smart work (lazy is such a hard word, I heard a story about woodcutters before WW2 in Germany and they had a saying "rather be lazy and smart and make the job with less effort, than dumb and a workhorse"). :smile:

What do you think, do you want to make a break after you release it to recharge your batteries? Or is working on the mod your "taking a break"? :smile:

i'll ask for a subforum, set it up, take suggestions for future updates, and be on the lookout for emergency bugfixes for a week or so (that's where the 3.1s and 3.2s will come from). then i will take a month break to catch up on several books and games in my backlog :lol:

phlpp said:
MileHighGuy said:
You should add the sound and smoke mod from with fire and sword.
i already added new gun sounds and better gunsmoke, but i didn't use fire and sword's. i'm not sure i'd be allowed to, if i wanted to do it.

I believe you can, just need to ask their permission. Yifeng_konjac did it for 16th century

Incoming:
Yifeng_konjac said:
Rhudda Ar Clogyn Barfau said:
Yifeng_konjac said:
DarthTaco said:
That's the jist I got out of it. I'd still ask first, if it's a yes, maybe start a thread with a copy of the message giving permission?

Maybe I didn't understand you because my bad english
but,this is the part of the message

64729303201210130822113886618476600_000.jpg

I know I am dragging up an old post, but isn't this the permission from With Fire and Sword that was needed? it was Snow Bird that made wfas wasn't it? Because im pretty sure they did.

yes,the first email send to my friend Zhudi,so I only have the second email.
but this is the first email,I copy it. :razz:
Hello,

my name is Alexander Souslov, I'm a producer of Snowbird Game Studios, the developer of WFAS. As far as you distribute you mod for free, you have no problem using our content. So please do not be confused with these comments at the forum - definitely you can use models from Warband or WFAS or any other game.

By the way, we now lucking for a chance to release our next game - Caribbean! - in China. May you please tell us, is there any market in China for box version for PC-games? Or a piracy is an absolute power?

Regards,
Alexander

Back
Top Bottom