Bush - Farewell.

Users who are viewing this thread

ecto_plasm said:
We have two brands to choose from, both of which release broken, incomplete products, that are designed to appeal to everybody. 

Dude, if anyone found Dubya appealing in any way, shape or form you'll need more than a Renaissance to solve the problem. Compulsory eye tests might work.

Archonsod said:
Dude, if anyone found Dubya appealing in any way, shape or form you'll need more than a Renaissance to solve the problem. Compulsory eye tests might work.

Well we better do something soon or the Canadians will swarm over the hills and sack us.

beer_barbarian.jpg

Eight years are so much for a president. Really!

Bye bye Bush never comeback. You failed to build democracy in Iraq.

He only failed in doing so because he ran out of time.  Now, we are going to withdraw and the country will resume it's cycle of chaos.

Janus said:
Yeah, that's what the problem was, he ran out of time.  :lol:

We should have voted to give him special powers so he could extend his rule and continue his training of Blair. Then make him Emperor!

It wasn't time, it was those silly spending limits.  I mean, Bush was only able to add one trillion to our national debt for 2008.  If we had given him carte blanche, I'm SURE he and Halliburton could have fixed things toute de suite.

I think bush receives a lot of undue hatred and manages to take it with a good attitude. I think he acted wonderfully as the leader of the nation after the 9/11 attacks. However, I think he also declared the wrong war when he declared war on terrorism. Whenever you start a war without explicitly defining the enemy or objective, it becomes doomed. We can't wage war on terror, no one can. Further, freedom cannot be given up based on fears. A war should have been declared outright on whatever countries were believed to be involved with those terrorist attacks. Further, we shouldn't have gotten so but hurt about people's feelings. Honestly, the US could have gone into the middle east, did its job, and gotten out 10 times during the Bush administration. But instead, we have to prove to everyone that we're the good guys by trying to set up a democracy in a region which is just not ready to accept that type of government. In order to set up that democracy, we had to become dedicated to keeping the piece, and started a dragged out ground war, when we could have easily used precision aerial strikes to take out whatever targets we deemed necessary.

And as far as oil, let it just be stated that war is the continuation of politics by other means. If another country is denying my country of a vital resource to its economy, war is an acceptable means to obtain that resource when other forms of politics break down.

It doesn't work that way. The U.S. will only become "broke" when other countries start refusing to lend them money. It's all about perception, see? If your question was "how long has the U.S. been in debt?", the answer would be "for a long time".

"Imagine," Tyler said, "stalking elk past department store windows and stinking racks of beautiful rotting dresses and tuxedos on hangers; you'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life, and you'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Tower.  Jack and the beanstalk, you'll climb up through the dripping forest canopy and the air will be so clean you'll see tiny figures pounding corn and laying strips of venison to dry in the empty car pool lane of an abandoned superhighway stretching eight-lanes-wide and August-hot for a thousand miles."  ~Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club, Chapter 16

Sir Devlyn said:
It wasn't time, it was those silly spending limits.  I mean, Bush was only able to add one trillion to our national debt for 2008.

And Obama was able to add 1.3 trillion before even being in office.

That's a possibility. I prefer the financial markets, as historically, trading has always been the best money-maker for those that would succeed at it. You could just set up a ponzi scheme hedge fund. Sure, it's already been done, but people will forget about it in a few years and look for the next one.

It would be a good idea if a Ponzi scheme wasn't illegal.  As of the moment they aren't too popular right now cause of that Madoff guy, so you'd probably incur the great wrath and furious anger of any jury who tried you.  Not a good tactical decision.  Why go with fraud when you have good old fashioned idiocy to exploit, like the pixel guy?  That wasn't illegal at all.  He offered a pixel on his website, and people got exactly what they paid for.  :lol:
Audun said:
ecto_plasm said:
I'm not anti-capitalistic, because I like making money, but I'm definitely anti-corporation. 
Human nature is a funny thing isn't it?  :lol:
Human nature is funny if you believe in it I suppose.  I'd say the wide disparity in the "nature" of humans of different cultures past and present indicates that we don't really have a default option.  Also capitalism and and corporate culture are not mutually inclusive, one can exist without the other.
Tibertus said:
Honestly, the US could have gone into the middle east, did its job, and gotten out 10 times during the Bush administration. But instead, we have to prove to everyone that we're the good guys by trying to set up a democracy in a region which is just not ready to accept that type of government. In order to set up that democracy, we had to become dedicated to keeping the piece, and started a dragged out ground war, when we could have easily used precision aerial strikes to take out whatever targets we deemed necessary.
Maybe, I think where they failed is in thinking that any democratic system of goverment can be religion-based, i.e. a "Christian democracy" or a "Muslim democracy."  Because Republicans are a specific breed of idiot directly descended from the Puritan witch-burners, they are committed to thinking that God is an important part of life, and therefore can safely be included in governmental processes.  Then they have the gall to go and say the founding fathers were Christian.  I call bull****, the mainstay of U.S. founders were rationalists and deists, which is markedly different than Christian.  Secular government was what the early colonists fought for, just read some of their writing.  Until the Mid-East is ready to embrace secular humanism, they will be incapable of forging a free society.  Plus, we're in danger of losing ours so long as the moral majority has any say in political matters whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom