Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

Users who are viewing this thread

hirovard said:
True, but if an update comes out like 1.150-1.157 did and breaks compatability then the mod is ****ed till its updated.

OK.
WSE needs Warband 1.157, if I am not mistaken.

And that's 1.158 changelog. Worth losing ability to use WSE? Don't think so.

Captain Lust said:
1.158 Changelog said:
-Fixed issue with multiplayer troop stat assignment. Values are now shown correctly in the module system with a workaround to prevent auto-assignment, at the same "real" values as 1157. With the exception that Vaegir and Sarranid Archers now have a riding skill of 1 instead of 2 and that Nord Huscarls have 0 Power Draw instead of 1.
-Resolved crashing when prop_instance_play_sound is used server side but not synced client side.
-Resolved issue where all spawned items play only blunt sounds in multiplayer.
-Fixed minor issue with Lend Companion quest.
-Fixed slow movement on certain scene props occurring after a fix in 1157.

The Bowman said:
That's good to hear. I hope it will be useful for strategical locations. Is there any way to make them neutral at the beginning of the session? Like: set var1 to 0 and var2 to 1 or 2?

Make a faction with no joining stations, give target castles to it.

Anani said:
Suggesting castle names Constantinople, Thessaloniki, Trebizond, Alexandria, Iconium, Damascus and Jerusalem to be added to scene editor
That is a lot of added names for a single scene: since there are only 128 slots ever possible and half are already taken, I would prefer not to include so many. Presuming you are trying for a early historical feel, how are you planning to present so many large cities of different cultures in a singe scene?

Also, a requirement for including names is that they be for a complete and playable scene: many requests in the past were for scenes that never got finished or tested. I'm not convinced that it is complete based on the posted screen shots.
The Bowman said:
Jerusalem is already in. You need to have a map ready for use in order to be able to request some names. As for me, I would request Halmar and Brunwud Castle for my map Conquest.
OK, those can be added.
The Bowman said:
By the way, can you add a whisper feature? Sometimes, I feel the need to have a more personal chat that I don't want other people to hear. If you are, let's say, inside the roof of a house, anyone on the street can hear what you're talking about. It should work on a limited radius of 1 or 2 meters, and being enabled with a key combo on the local chat, like Insert+Enter.
It would not be quite that simple: the extra chat features in PW are implemented by a (fairly complex) common frame work that provides message resending if the server doesn't confirm, among other things, and part of the original design was that each type could have one alternate mode, used for local shout, admin and faction announcements. It has been on the (long) list of possible features for quite a while, and I couldn't say when it would be high enough priority to be looked at; I need to finish other things that are in progress or rated more important.
Caesarcomeback said:
OSP scenes for outcoming version to make sence better
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,277344.msg6617326.html#msg6617326
I'm not too convinced of the performance or visual appearance of those meshes; and the texture doesn't look like it was made to go with Native resources. PW scenes are so large and complex that it seems better just to make the hills you want out of terrain.
Baskakov_Dima said:
I read about WSE and WSE2. Only WSE is needed to run cRPG. WSE2 is optional, and, if I am not mistaken, more about performance issues than any gameplay features. I am waiting for answer from cmp to confirm that, but I am almost sure that it is so. So, the questions are:
WSE2 is not available to other mods, and I'm pretty sure cRPG is downloaded as a special package wrapping Warband with the launcher (WSE2 is basically cRPG, in a way).
Baskakov_Dima said:
1) Why did you choose to use later Warband version instead of keeping the old one, but be able to use WSE and it's features?
hirovard has explained the reasons quite well. The latest public version of the WSE needs Warband 1.153, not 1.157, and there is a fix specifically requested for PW in 1.158 (spawned items randomly getting assigned blunt hit sounds, whatever the damage type), and a new operation that is also used for the system to allow carrying equipment but not using it effectively when not meeting the requirements (agent_set_ranged_damage_modifier).

The WSE might seem worthwhile to you, but I have always opted to make a mod for official Warband, so I can make it compatible with the latest release (auto updated on steam) without relying on other projects. I am not disparaging it - some of the added operations would be very useful (though some have been added to official Warband afterwards), and the profiling tools have been very useful in testing features, when it was compatible and worked with linux - but I don't like some of the disadvantages.
Baskakov_Dima said:
2) Is it still possible to configure Persistent World to work with the older version to have WSE? If not - why?
You can base on an older version of PW to work with Warband 1.153 and the corresponding version of cRPG if making a sub mod: I even merged the WSE headers as a branch in git on top of PW 4.0, called merge_wse, in response to someone asking about it; see here.

Thanks.

Now a less pleasant part...I know you don't talk about releases, but let's put it the other way. Is it too early for us sceners to make plans (concecring enterable houses) or it won't be that long? Some of us are quite eager to update our maps, but we don't know whether it's too early to think about that or not.

The Bowman said:
Now a less pleasant part...I know you don't talk about releases, but let's put it the other way. Is it too early for us sceners to make plans (concecring enterable houses) or it won't be that long? Some of us are quite eager to update our maps, but we don't know whether it's too early to think about that or not.
I'm sorry, but I won't give out release dates: they just cause too much unnecessary trouble and pressure.

Anani said:
This is pretty much the final version:

http://hizliresim.com/glWJlN

Thanks in advance.

I have already posted this though there was this "add wse2 pls" argument that buried it.

Maybe you can add me from steam(Anani) so I can give you the pass for TR_SGaming_Denerqene, so you can check when it's "completed"

Anani said:
I have already posted this though there was this "add wse2 pls" argument that buried it.

Maybe you can add me from steam(Anani) so I can give you the pass for TR_SGaming_Denerqene, so you can check when it's "completed"
As said before, it must first be completely finished and tested to be playable. Sorry, I don't use steam, and don't have much spare time to check up on scenes being created.

Anani said:
İs it even possible to show you that the scene is finished then?
The standard way is to make a scene thread with information and screenshots, such as these which recently had names requested: [1] [2]. You don't have to make a thread on this forum, but could rather link to a thread on another forum for a popular PW server, showing by the replies that the scene was found to be playable.

I might seem like a high bar to set, but there is little point in using up castle name slots for a scene that has major flaws, or will only be used for a week or two on some private server between friends; there should be a reasonable chance that the scene could be used after the next PW version is released (as usual, time frames not specified).

Excuse me if I have missed it but I looked through the first few pages and couldn't find anyone referencing it, would it be possible to make it that Lances break on impact (Like they do in VikingR) at the moment it is kind of game breaking with all these tin-can Knights running around couching everyone. It would actually allow Infantry to form up the bulk of the army.

James Stewart said:
Excuse me if I have missed it but I looked through the first few pages and couldn't find anyone referencing it, would it be possible to make it that Lances break on impact (Like they do in VikingR) at the moment it is kind of game breaking with all these tin-can Knights running around couching everyone. It would actually allow Infantry to form up the bulk of the army.

Well, Vornne has already said that he is not going to change combat system/balance of Native. That is so sad, but true.

Baskakov_Dima said:
James Stewart said:

Well, Vornne has already said that he is not going to change combat system/balance of Native. That is so sad, but true.
My bad then.

James Stewart said:
at the moment it is kind of game breaking with all these tin-can Knights running around couching everyone.
I personally think server side changes that I have always disavowed (permanent and invulnerable money storage in external "banks", instant and unlimited equipment protection when disconnecting from the game) cause or contribute to game balance problems in most populated servers, so I disclaim responsibility: complain to the server owners instead.
Baskakov_Dima said:
That is not correct; PW does have various small changes from Native, but only after careful consideration and testing, when it seemed necessary (particularly when related to the different game type, such as the removal of horse archery). Here is a recent post on that subject:
Vornne said:
James Grant said:
Have you ever considered making lances breakable after a few uses like in 1257ad? It would make Cavalry much more realistic and more balanced really.
As said in the past, this mod is focused on being a new game mode based on the heavily tested Warband combat system, not a major redesign of everything (which is a way many other mods fail, trying to do far too much at once). Changing one aspect of the combat system can trigger a messy spiral of changing something else to rebalance, then something to compensate, continuing until the original system is ruined. Major combat system changes can be done successfully, of course, but would require careful design working with lots of skilful and thorough testers.

I might consider having the feature as an optional setting if you could convince me that it had widespread support from people who can explain their reasoning, and especially from server hosters. Personally, it seems to introduce an unforeseeable "dice roll" aspect to the combat system which seems generally avoided in M&B.

Making lances break or removing the couch alltogether ( even as serverside option) would be greatly appreciated by a lot of players.

Especially in a relatively laggy environment  couches have a very unpredictable aspect and infantry can't stand up to cavarly in open battles.
This is also due to the "bracing" feature not being practical in situations other than holding a chokepoint. 
So infantry mostly gets killed in 1 hit (couch) while actually dehorsing a mounted player is far more difficult (i rarely see horses die by the hands of infantry in open battles), requiring a stab to rear the horse and then hack at it with swords, while being vulnerable to other couches.

Edit: I also think this is not majorly linked to banking. Buying a decent horse and a Lance is quite cheap. If you kill 1 person and loot his gear you will have already broken even.

Excuse any typos. I'm on my phone and it autocorrects into German :razz:

Double HP imbalances the delicate balance between ranged and cavalry. Ranged becomes weaker and cavalry stronger. Infantry is actually relatively unaffected except battles take longer to hack through the long health bars.

Back
Top Bottom