Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

Users who are viewing this thread

add tavern animation
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,299774.0.html
and add some more building for certain country like rhodok which they don't have various building(only 4, seriously?!)
also, some more big tool like elevator as decoration
200px-Old_crane.jpg
to make map looks better

Caesarcomeback said:
add tavern animation
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,299774.0.html
and add some more building for certain country like rhodok which they don't have various building(only 4, seriously?!)
200px-Old_crane.jpg
to make map looks better
Don't think its compatible with PW except for the sound.

Not sure if it's already been posted or not, but the "Toggle Global Chat Mute" doesn't seem to work all the time. Toggled off, global chat always comes through as intended. Toggled on, it has short periods where some messages are received and others not. It's not a huge issue as most people don't bother with the feature anyways.

The Bowman said:
I wonder if you could write a map concept or your idea about a PW map. There are people who still argue about maps not following the main idea of the mod. If you do not have time for a map, there might be plenty of mappers who would wolunteer in creating a new default scene, including me, we just need a detailed description on how it should really work and look like.
I could probably give some general specifications, but it could take quite a bit of time to arrange and refine into an understandable message. There are multiple things taking up my limited time for working on PW: some of the scripting projects have been giving a lot more trouble than expected, and might require rewrites of other scripts; the enterable building meshes need integrating into the module; and I have also been working on a guide to how the features in PW actually work, more detailed than the information window when joining a server (to try reduce some of the rumours and myths I have heard, while lurking around); which all add up. It also doesn't seem that many people other than yourself would be interested: scene makers generally want to try their own different ideas or the current server fads, which is fair enough: sometimes they even work out quite well :wink:.
Akita said:
Removal of Kill / Deaths on the scoreboard since people seem to play the mod for " score " as the sole purpose...
So? That's up to them. Being a mod for a fighting game focused around the original and interesting combat system of M&B, usages of the mod for other things unrelated to combat are peripheral to the central design focus.
ethemp said:
Make it so multiple people can train at the same time with 1 class training. It is annoying to wait in line for other people to finish their training, making it possible to train at the same time would make it a lot easier and not waste people's time.
Not possible: the "use" feature of scene props is hard coded, only allowing one player to use at a time, if nobody is standing on the prop. Adding some module system code to try check where the players are aiming and whether it is possible for players to use a prop would be complicated and probably much more inefficient than the feature coded into the game engine (module system scripts are much less efficient than compiled C++ code, by their nature).
Caesarcomeback said:
add tavern animation
Already been requested in this thread: those resources are suitable for static scenes in single player, not dynamic scenes in multiplayer; it would take a lot more work only using them as a base to possibly get a suitable feature in PW.
Caesarcomeback said:
200px-Old_crane.jpg
to make map looks better
I am not principally a 3D modeller, and the mod is focused on scripted features using Native resources. Your image link is broken.
Splintert said:
Not sure if it's already been posted or not, but the "Toggle Global Chat Mute" doesn't seem to work all the time. Toggled off, global chat always comes through as intended. Toggled on, it has short periods where some messages are received and others not. It's not a huge issue as most people don't bother with the feature anyways.
It hasn't been reported, so thanks, but I actually noticed that bug months ago when working on an unrelated rewrite of various scripts: the feature mutes global chat for all players currently connected, but doesn't mute players that join afterwards because that bit of code was mistakenly added after a (multiplayer_is_server) operation, when it needs to run on the client. People could fix it using the module system by applying this patch to 4.4.0:
diff --git a/module_scripts.py b/module_scripts.py
index c6f744c..a2e6f0f 100644
--- a/module_scripts.py
+++ b/module_scripts.py
@@ -3245,6 +3245,10 @@ scripts.extend([
        (ge, ":item_id", all_items_begin),
        (call_script, "script_agent_calculate_stat_modifiers_for_item", ":agent_id", ":item_id", 1, 1),
      (try_end),
      (try_begin),
        (eq, "$g_mute_global_chat", 1),
        (player_set_is_muted, ":player_id", "$g_mute_global_chat"),
      (try_end),
      (multiplayer_is_server),
      (player_get_slot, ":spawn_state", ":player_id", slot_player_spawn_state),
      (try_begin),
@@ -3273,10 +3277,6 @@ scripts.extend([
        (neq, ":spawn_state", player_spawn_state_invulnerable),
        (agent_set_team, ":agent_id", team_default),
      (try_end),
      (try_begin),
        (eq, "$g_mute_global_chat", 1),
        (player_set_is_muted, ":player_id", "$g_mute_global_chat"),
      (try_end),
    (try_end),
    ]),
Alternatively, since I can do it much easier than most people, you could download this patch and extract it into your PW_4.4 module directory, replacing scripts.txt (compatible with current servers, only makes a change when applied on clients).

I have a not so tested question relating to capture points: If a faction gets one secondary capture point, will it belong to it even after making peace?

I want to make sure that once a war party captures one of these points, it will belong to it even after peace.

The Bowman said:
I have a not so tested question relating to capture points: If a faction gets one secondary capture point, will it belong to it even after making peace?
Yes: capture point ownership is not directly affected by faction relations, so no secondary point will change ownership automatically; but the faction owning the castle (holding the primary capture points) can always capture back secondary points for that castle, even when at peace - by going to it and using a banner item, as normal.
Das Knecht said:
There's a black bar at the top of my screen when I joined EU1_Nexus server. How can I remove it?
That's probably the chat overlay, for remembering the recent lines of local or faction chat messages: you can toggle displaying it in the action menu, or toggle it between local and faction type (the action menu key is shown in the control settings). Another quick way to toggle it is press F10; and a way to make the game remember your preference to show or hide it over other play sessions is to edit the profile character settings, clicking past the face generator to where Native has a banner selection interface, which is changed in recent versions of PW to enable saving a few settings in your profile (note that you will have banner display errors if you use that profile for other modules).

That's good to hear. I hope it will be useful for strategical locations. Is there any way to make them neutral at the beginning of the session? Like: set var1 to 0 and var2 to 1 or 2?

The Bowman said:
That's good to hear. I hope it will be useful for strategical locations. Is there any way to make them neutral at the beginning of the session? Like: set var1 to 0 and var2 to 1 or 2?
No: castles and capture points can never be "neutral" by design: they are always owned by a faction.

Jerusalem is already in. You need to have a map ready for use in order to be able to request some names. As for me, I would request Halmar and Brunwud Castle for my map Conquest.

By the way, can you add a whisper feature? Sometimes, I feel the need to have a more personal chat that I don't want other people to hear. If you are, let's say, inside the roof of a house, anyone on the street can hear what you're talking about. It should work on a limited radius of 1 or 2 meters, and being enabled with a key combo on the local chat, like Insert+Enter.

I read about WSE and WSE2. Only WSE is needed to run cRPG. WSE2 is optional, and, if I am not mistaken, more about performance issues than any gameplay features. I am waiting for answer from cmp to confirm that, but I am almost sure that it is so. So, the questions are:

1) Why did you choose to use later Warband version instead of keeping the old one, but be able to use WSE and it's features?
2) Is it still possible to configure Persistent World to work with the older version to have WSE? If not - why?

Erm for 1 PW has never EVER used WSE. And 2 if you can get WSE to run with current warband then yes, you can run PW with it.

But no, PW cannot run with an older version of warband, because if i remember correctly it requires some of the features that were introduced in the latest version of the games engine.

hirovard said:
Erm for 1 PW has never EVER used WSE. And 2 if you can get WSE to run with current warband then yes, you can run PW with it.

I ask why did Vornne not choose to use WSE with lots of it's gameplay features, espectially combat features like nudges, and keep the older version of Warband, why did he choose to use newer Warband but no WSE.

i think it was because he didn't want to be held back by anyone else except himself.

Eg a new release of warband is done and Pw cannot work with it because of the patch. He can just release an update to fix compatability.

He is using WSE and a patch comes out that breaks compatability. He would then have to wait for cmp to update WSE before Vornne can then work a patch.

Also he and Laszlo were working on PW before WSE was made.

hirovard said:
i think it was because he didn't want to be held back by anyone else except himself.

Eg a new release of warband is done and Pw cannot work with it because of the patch. He can just release an update to fix compatability.

He is using WSE and a patch comes out that breaks compatability. He would then have to wait for cmp to update WSE before Vornne can then work a patch.

Also he and Laszlo were working on PW before WSE was made.

He does not have to use the newer version of WSE if he does not want. He can keep older.

Back
Top Bottom