Bug reports and suggestions - read the first post

Users who are viewing this thread

First, sorry for bad english... really sorry
Second, i not find equally a suqqest... and i too lazy check all 200+ pages...

So...  i suggest a ability for outlaws robbing a raw material stockpiles (wood, ores etc.) because outlawers need material too for stuff! Or sometime outlaw base have full infrastucture... except, for examle, tanner. I so very angry if outlawers can make clocth, can make bread and wheat, can grow cows but... cant make leather.... or it have spinning whell but no loom (i know its a mapmaker misses...). In some map outlaws no have any infrastucture to restock a raw materials(witchout other help)!

If add that ability, outlawers can raiding for materials and fraction need defend own villages (or caastle :smile:). After robbing stockpile need take a package (package witcd ore for example) and delivery to stock. After robbyng from stockpile subtract a certain number of materials(% or concratly number) and appears package.

Again sorry for bad eglish, i hope my idea fully understood.

EkuDza said:
So...  i suggest a ability for outlaws robbing a raw material stockpiles (wood, ores etc.) because outlawers need material too for stuff! Or sometime outlaw base have full infrastucture... except, for examle, tanner. I so very angry if outlawers can make clocth, can make bread and wheat, can grow cows but... cant make leather.... or it have spinning whell but no loom (i know its a mapmaker misses...). In some map outlaws no have any infrastucture to restock a raw materials(witchout other help)!

If add that ability, outlawers can raiding for materials and fraction need defend own villages (or caastle :smile:). After robbing stockpile need take a package (package witcd ore for example) and delivery to stock. After robbyng from stockpile subtract a certain number of materials(% or concratly number) and appears package.
Sorry, no; it does not suit the actual design of the "outlaws" category: they are not supposed to be an organised group that band together to craft and stockpile resources, but a loose category of solitary people who are generally known for their crimes, outlawed from society. If you want to make an "outlaw band" with an organisational structure and home base, you should use one of the proper factions: from the point of view of a faction, if there are enough people "outside the law" of a faction that work together, they are another hostile faction.

Allowing players in the outlaw category special abilities to steal from stockpiles would be fatally flawed: they would just immediately sell the stolen items back to the stockpile again, then steal again, in an endless cycle to exploit unlimited free money.

Using the "feudalism" alternate game mode would enable a similar feature for everybody: since resource stockpiles do not reward or require money in that mode, the faction would want to protect stock for their own use, and other hostile players would likely try to steal it.

Bug, i have a problem with my GUID. Everytime i log out and log in in the server, my GUID is resetted. Anyone could help me?

Negus said:
Bug, i have a problem with my GUID. Everytime i log out and log in in the server, my GUID is resetted. Anyone could help me?
Not here: the player unique id function is handled entirely by TaleWorlds in the hard coded part of the game engine; PW code just uses whatever number that was given.

Yeeeah, I'm back again. Can we have more non-Heraldic items? I play on a Hardcore RolePlay server, and wearing the same color constantly feels stupid. Maybe use some of the items that have just a set color, like a red surcoat? Roleplayers don't always enjoy being walking banners.

Since I see a lot of players organizing weddings, it would be cool to be added a kissing animation. Both the male and female player kiss each other, it would work the same way all the other animations work, but this would be an option to kiss the player next to you.

Haretik said:
Yeeeah, I'm back again. Can we have more non-Heraldic items? I play on a Hardcore RolePlay server, and wearing the same color constantly feels stupid. Maybe use some of the items that have just a set color, like a red surcoat? Roleplayers don't always enjoy being walking banners.
This game mode is designed around the grouping and recognition of players in factions, so "not wanting to be walking banners" while also being trained and heavily armed characters goes against the spirit of the design. Ideally there should be more heraldic items, not less (I didn't have the time or skill to make all heavy armor that way).
Heroes_Witch_King said:
Since I see a lot of players organizing weddings, it would be cool to be added a kissing animation. Both the male and female player kiss each other, it would work the same way all the other animations work, but this would be an option to kiss the player next to you.
I am not a skilled animator: this mod is primarily script changes, using native resources (the included animations are mostly existing in Native or slight tweaks of such); so I think it would be a waste of time to add extra long delays to the release cycle for trivial things. Since a kissing animation would require alignment with other objects rather than being solitary, it would also be difficult to implement in a polished way.

PLEASE make showing money pouch something easier! I think I am seriously getting cancer from trying to explain people how.

95% of the players have no idea about even the existance of this feature. Please make it like when you press ''M'' or ''M+Shift'' your pouch is shown to the CLOSEST agent, the targeting is sometimes buggy and its EXTREMELY hard to explain considering people set the ''loot button'' something else. And imagine trying to explain this to like 50 players on a turkish server.

Can we get more Trade goods. like for instance I remember when we had the velvet to velvet export docks in old PW with VoS and I think we could overhaul that feature and bring in Goods such as Spices, Velvet, and Dyes and you can only sell them in select cities. This would greatly overhaul Merchant ships and people could become merchants trading spices velvet and dyes in ships across the sea.

Anani said:
Please make it like when you press ''M'' or ''M+Shift'' your pouch is shown to the CLOSEST agent, the targeting is sometimes buggy and its EXTREMELY hard to explain considering people set the ''loot button'' something else. And imagine trying to explain this to like 50 players on a turkish server.
No: I dislike hard coding specific keys within the main keyboard area, for functions that should be used while playing. I like to customise my controls so everything that could be needed quickly when walking around is accessible. As I have said many times, people should change the target agent button to something convenient for them, whether a key nearby to the WASD group, or even a mouse button (for those with a gaming mouse); there are no more free customisable "game controls.
John_Bastion said:
Can we get more Trade goods. like for instance I remember when we had the velvet to velvet export docks in old PW with VoS and I think we could overhaul that feature and bring in Goods such as Spices, Velvet, and Dyes and you can only sell them in select cities. This would greatly overhaul Merchant ships and people could become merchants trading spices velvet and dyes in ships across the sea.
The game design was changed to make the resources available in game be useful for other processes than just grinding money; I don't want to make a very simple game where plated knights just meaninglessly cycle between locations in the scene, accumulating money purely based on time spent rather than interaction with the environment and economy.

My suggestion - Banner pack updates

Since the previous update around a year ago there have been numerous clans/groups who have requested their banner be added to the game and many of those same clans have disbanded and the members stopped playing.

To make things simple (ish) and make sure that only up to date banners are ingame I suggest updating the banners as a small update every 1-2 months. This means that clans/groups have the opportunity to use their banner in game before they move on or stop playing. 1 year in mod terms between updates is an extremely long time and while I understand your time is very limited I do not think the implementation of banners on a bi-monthly basis should be much of a stretch to keep these clans/groups enthusiastic about their banners being ingame and keep them playing the mod.

Banners can only be updated on mod updates, which are increasingly less common as time progresses. Clans are going to have to pick banners ingame that suit them, eventually.

Splintert said:
Banners can only be updated on mod updates, which are increasingly less common as time progresses. Clans are going to have to pick banners ingame that suit them, eventually.

Someone could do it seperately. After all, only 1 file, people who want it so desperately can download it.

burghUK said:
To make things simple (ish) and make sure that only up to date banners are ingame I suggest updating the banners as a small update every 1-2 months. This means that clans/groups have the opportunity to use their banner in game before they move on or stop playing. 1 year in mod terms between updates is an extremely long time and while I understand your time is very limited I do not think the implementation of banners on a bi-monthly basis should be much of a stretch to keep these clans/groups enthusiastic about their banners being ingame and keep them playing the mod.
The general opinion after the last few releases seemed to be people whining about having to update clients and servers for minor changes; so I decided that I didn't really care either way, and would just start working on a bunch of different features without bothering about keeping the code base ready for regular releases. Some of the changes that have been worked on created a lot more problems than anticipated, requiring time to rethink and rewrite larger parts of "back end" code (I haven't had the spare time to add major new features, though). There will be another release some time in the future: when, I won't say.

There is no way to update banners without a new incompatible version, for servers and clients, so forcing an update every month would make proper development and testing difficult for any but the smallest new features.
hirovard said:
Or have a Independent banner pack that could be installed by choice.
Av3ng3r said:
Someone could do it seperately. After all, only 1 file, people who want it so desperately can download it.
That would not be allowed: it is not possible to add new banners without breaking server and client compatibility, and replacing existing banners with different images would break the visual compatibility between players. If you want to release client side changes, you must release an entirely separate mod with a different name, as specified in the PW module system usage conditions.

fair enough, Only time i could even be remotely arsed to do this was when i wanted to see what a banner would look like on my armour on crpg, and their "system" is easy enough to beat even though it will only affect your own game and no one else's.

If people want to change banner or armor, or other texture appearance just for their own use, that's fine (theoretically covered under a sort of "fair use" sort of thing, and there is no way to detect or stop anyone); but when people release changes to the PW module system to other people, they then need to comply with the conditions stated.

Back
Top Bottom