In Progress After leaving a player-created kingdom, the ruling clan copies the player clan flag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.2.9.34019
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: If you create a kingdom and then leave that kingdom, whichever clan takes over as ruler copies the player's clan flag. Even if you then change the player clan banner, this applies to the kingdom's ruling clan as well.
How to Reproduce: After creating a kingdom with at least one vassal clan, abdicate leadership and leave the kingdom. Then just change your clan banner.
Have you used cheats and if so which: I first found this using cheats, but verified it also happened in a save without cheats.
campaign.set_skill_main_hero
campaign.add_skill_xp_to_hero
campaign.create_player_kingdom

Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
6onhp1.jpg

Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia gtx1650
GPU Driver Version: 546.33
CPU: Intel i5-11400H
RAM: 16 GB
Motherboard: TGL scala_TLS v1.20
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD 870 QVO

I've noticed that when I am part of a kingdom and the ruler dies; then I become ruler, my clan's flag becomes that of the previous ruler as well.

I dont think this is a "bug" though but a feature.

As the other posters says about the observation.

When you found a kingdome, the kingdomes flag = your clans banner, but its also your banner.
Now if you notice all those former kings + Queen, when they die - and loose the kingship -> they revert to their original clan banner.
The ruleing clan of that kingdome be it you or another will then get the "kingdomes" flag as your clans flag until the ruler of the kingdome changes hands again.

I've never done what you did in the example, but I would think this is "as designed" and not a bug.

The issue you have reported has been forwarded to our QA team for further investigation. We might need additional information regarding this issue, such as screenshots or videos, save files or dump reports. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I dont think this is a "bug" though but a feature.

As the other posters says about the observation.

When you found a kingdome, the kingdomes flag = your clans banner, but its also your banner.
Now if you notice all those former kings + Queen, when they die - and loose the kingship -> they revert to their original clan banner.
The ruleing clan of that kingdome be it you or another will then get the "kingdomes" flag as your clans flag until the ruler of the kingdome changes hands again.

I've never done what you did in the example, but I would think this is "as designed" and not a bug.
But even after they leave the kingdom and change their flag the kingdom should keep the original flag, not change with the former rulers every time. This issue was brought up in 2022 its crazy its still not patched out but maybe not many people try to create two kingdoms so they probably thought it wouldn't come up, but at the same time there isn't much to do after conquering all the factions and rebellions don't lead anywhere since you cant even recruit them to your cause until they are recruited by someone else. Unless they have some expansion coming for new kingdoms or factions(99.9999% Improbability Chance) the next best thing would to create another kingdom to spice things up.

I kind of feel that once a kingdom exists (whether starting kingdom or created kingdom) their Coat of Arms/flag should stay the same whether the ruler changes or not. In the U.S. we get different rulers, but the flag stays the same. On the other hand, I do think that the ruling clan's Coat of Arms should not change to the ruling kingdom's.. You have remained the same family whether you stay ruler or not.

I kind of feel that once a kingdom exists (whether starting kingdom or created kingdom) their Coat of Arms/flag should stay the same whether the ruler changes or not. In the U.S. we get different rulers, but the flag stays the same. On the other hand, I do think that the ruling clan's Coat of Arms should not change to the ruling kingdom's.. You have remained the same family whether you stay ruler or not.
I have some of my brothers children's descendants in my clan. If my main characters descendants get wiped out I intend to leave the kingdom and renounce the throne due to other clans in the faction having a stronger blood claim due to me marrying of daughters and sons of the main house (this is all roleplay). In that event I would change my clans name and sigil as the only members would be retainers with distant blood ties to a now dead house. The old kingdom keeping the original sigil makes sense, especially since they would be directly descendant from the originator anyway. The problem is that even after you leave and change your clans flag, your former kingdoms flag changes each time as well and that shouldn't be the case. THAT is the main issue and has been the case for some years now. Basically If you create 3 kingdoms they will all have the same banner and if you leave all those kingdoms behind they will change their banner to match yours every time.

Here this one if from last year
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...nner-if-player-leaves-his-own-kingdom.460466/

Wasn't aware of that. Yes, once you leave a kingdom, it makes no sense to have them change their banner to match yours when you aren't even there.

Back
Top Bottom