Search results for query: *

1. This mod is terrible

_ REVIVING this old Topic for 3 reasons: -Many people got a link to New Version 0.99 T and they WILL add some comments on how the Mod progressed NOW! -a lot of old friends that used to be around and support my work and my mods would do me a nice surprise spawning out again, for a while!  8-)...
  2. Imperium Romanum (Brytenwalda Submod)OLDTHREAD

WARNING: Lots of text. It's an experience I just had tonight in Imperium Romanum. I wanted to share it, it was so great. Though I've had experiences that are just as great, I thought this was so perfect- especially since I had guys from the 9th Legion, haha.

The last stand of Primus Pilus Gaius Atius Triarius, leader of the 1st Century of the 1st Cohort of the 9th Spanish Legion. I had gone into the battle with 130 men, 98 of whom were the surviving centuria of my starting force. Along with me were 32 peasants, mercenaries, and other recruits from surrounding Britannic villages. I usually have a good buffer of "throw away" troops to help damage and wound the enemy before they can even reach my main force of soldiers- I get really annoyed when I lose a precious Legio IX miles or dicens, and it drives me insane, so it's nice to have peasant throwaways and mercs that can hurt the brits pretty bad before they close into pila range. So here we are, exploring the country side when my entire century is attacked, my men quickly rally into formation, my mercenaries taking the first rank and my small cavalry buffer taking the flanks. I hear the loud roar of an incoming charge, a whole 500 britons are charging toward my shield wall, my measly 130 man force forced to stand bravely against the wave of barbarians.

To my relief, I find that I have a tactical advantage on the field, and my entire force is able to spawn in. This leaves the enemy with only a tiny bit of men to charge at me at a time (I have a 270 battle field limit). The first two waves are successful in only routing or killing my peasant force, the hail of pila and thrust of my shield wall's gladius' drive them back completely. After running out of pila from the first two volleys, the third wave manages to hit my shield wall rough from range with arrows and rocks and javelins, breaking our shields rather quickly before their melee fighters move in with axes. Soon as they are close, my men tear them to shreds, but not after taking light casualties from the ranged bombardment.

This goes on for the next wave or so, before finally, I lose my shield, we all run out of ammo, and this next wave nearly outnumbers us. So I call a charge, my entire force rushes forward, mowing down the wave as we roll over it with fierce, bloody thirsty force, but I am unlucky and take a serious wound to the chest. I can only lay down and watch as my army attempts to make its final stand in the valley, slashing and bashing at the wave after wave of barbarian troops. Finally, my army is completely diminished, and I watch as my second in command and two remaining Spanish legionaires fight off the horde of theows. One after another the theows roll down the hill in a mess of gore with loud, stomach churning screams, when finally, the two legionaires go down, and my second in charge is left standing by himself. Fully outnumbered, 1 to 50, he doesn't stand a chance, and goes out jabbing his gladius into the gut of a theow, before finally losing his head to an axe.

This one of many screenshots I got during this final battle of my team. I did delete this save game because I lost 70% of my men, the rest were captured and to never be seen again. This was an incredible Mount and Blade experience, and it was made only better because of how I was able to immerse myself in this mod. I love Rome, and this was amazing. Keep up the good work, I look forward to 1.9.3!

(( Slightly photoshopped, obviously. Also not too knowledgeable on Roman lore and history and all that, I just know a little bit from what I've played in the Roma Surrectum 2 mod for Rome Total War, and Grand Ages Rome, and the movies I've seen-- I've seen many of them, but obviously, most were about gladiators or politics ))

33eomqc.jpg
  3. Captain Co-Op party size limit

Is there any way to mod this? I really don't like how they're forcing us to only have like 6 people. I want to be able to have like 10 or 20 guys in my squad, like in captain team deathmatch.
  4. [FACTION] The Order of the Lion

OOC: THIS COMPLICATES THINGS SO MUCH! If Div wasn't so AFK this past few weeks I'd be able to have an answer for you guys immediately. I promise we'll all sit down together and do some RP this weekend when Div and I aren't dealing with tests and homework. Sorry, the both of us have been dealing with alot of crap IRL. Tonight I've gotta crunch and do like 10 homework assignments because I slacked over the course of the semester.

IC: For the moment, until such time that the Lord of The Order of the Lion may make an appearance, we must announce our neutrality in this conflict, but also ask that all hostilities cease until such time that talks between our three great factions can be held. And that we also condemn this hostile action between our two cousin factions.

- General Moore
  5. [FACTION] The Order of the Lion

Add us to Steam Friends. My name is EliteCommandoX, and you can add Divinity through my friends list.
  6. Swadian Role Play Server Launched! -Old Thread-

Wow you certainly did your homework. We'll give it a shot. I see a teamspeak thing in your sig, is there an active TS server we can hop on and talk to you guys on? Get to know the community and the players before we get involved?
  7. The Kingdom of Tidwell -|Yes, we're recruiting|-

TIIIDDDWEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
  8. Swadian Role Play Server Launched! -Old Thread-

How many people play this?

I play PW Mod and run a group with a friend of mine there, but I come from super serious Role Play communities elsewhere and wonder if this is any similar to that. PWMod is fun but all it is is just deathmatch with RPG elements, there is no real "Role Play" as it is meant to be. But I don't want to bother with a server with less than 20 people honestly. Not worth it to me when I can just boot up an MMO and go RP there.
  9. NA_PW4_RolePlay Official Server Thread

Lorn said:
    RedSeven said:
    Call in the Order of the Lions! We'll beat it into submission!

You can't beat anything into submission, it was proven last night.

And you don't know good sportsmanship. We all have our faults, just yours is much more undesirable.
  10. NA_PW4_RolePlay Official Server Thread

Yeah you'll probably have to mess with it on the server box.
  11. NA_PW4_RolePlay Official Server Thread

Call in the Order of the Lions! We'll beat it into submission!
  12. NA_PW4_RolePlay Official Server Thread

Me and my friend on vent are having the same issue for some reason.
  13. Money and RP

I agree with this thread. I no longer go into town without a body guard detachment and I rarely stop for more than 30 seconds at a time now.
  14. [FACTION] The Order of the Lion

We play on DrDeath's outstanding NA PW4 server, it runs the very latest PW 4 alpha 5. You can add me to STEAM (I'm the 2IC for this group) at EliteCommandoX and you can come talk with me and Divinity on ventrilo and pop in game with us to enjoy some organized PW faction fun.
  15. [FACTION] The Order of the Lion

Keellaach said:
    I guess I will attempt at the first Application to join.
    Steam ID: shnipes
    Ingame Name: Keellaach
              I wish to join the order because of the experiences I have had with them.  They were organized, efficient, and very friendly.  I have been playing this mod for a long time and never been on a faction that was so much fun.  If I am let in to the order I expect to see the same as of what I saw in the game.  I expect also some wonderful experiences and mabye some wonderful leadership oppurtunities.  My expectations are set high for this Order/House/IDK because I have seen what they can do.  That is why I wish to join The Order of the Lions.

+Support
  16. [FACTION] The Order of the Lion

Well that was fun today. Organized like 30 guys to attack 4 guys, which was really funny, and then the entire outlaw faction rebelled against us. Pretty epic stuff. Can't wait to do it again. I fell in the river and decided to get off and go get food since I lost my gear, lmao.
  17. [FACTION] The Order of the Lion

Should also mention that Divinity and I (Red) have a lot of experience with realism strategy and tactical units spanning numerous games. We're trying to do something semi-realistic but not take ourselves too seriously, as is the fault with a lot of persistent groups in other video games and the like. We're hoping when people join they're willing to communicate, follow orders, show leadership, and attempt to make cool formations in the game with us! Which should be interesting. Not that we'd have more than a dozen or so people in the ingame faction at any given time, given the size of the server itself.
Back
Top Bottom