Search results for query: *

1. Pandabomber

POLL: Do you hate or like elves,and if so why?

If I can't have dwarves annihilate elves in this mod, I guess the viking substitute works out. Well done putting the Green Horde to work, Alavaria.
  2. Pandabomber

The Evil Faction

Part of this being a roleplaying mod is that some of the sandbox elements are thrown under the rug. Yeah, minor factions are great and all, but they're all bad and want to kill you, and there's no point in helping them with anything, especially the ones that spawn armies (exception being Noldor, because SOME people are pansy elf lovers). The only point in befriending them is if they spawn in your kingdom's area and you don't want your villages being wretchedly poor because they can never get back and forth from their destination.

They aren't treated like a separate kingdom upon entering the field with an army, kind of like how the Black Knight invasion works in the Native Expansion mod, so they can never hold land. It would be pretty nice if these invading armies would actively try to ruin everybody's day by sieging fiefs and holding them, and having their own kings and lords, but that would take effort I'm not sure people are willing to put in. Besides, you're supposed to be the good guy. Kind of lame, but that's just the nature of the beast.
  3. Pandabomber

Prophesy of Pendor 4.0 Developer Notes

As much as you all might hate to think about or admit it, Hound has a point. Put fanboyism and sycophancy aside here for a moment and look at it objectively. I'll keep it simple.

1) It's been a long time since any updates were released or any new substantial information was released. If progress was being made at the same rate as it was during the period Saxon was releasing information, more previews would have been released and we'd have more information, and perhaps some sort of date people could throw a guess at.

2) People's attention is going to drift elsewhere until something major happens with something they previously dropped. Other mods are being released and updated by more active developers. Communities might not be as large, but there's definitely communication going and, of course, development.

This is my favorite mod and the one I've sunk the most time into, there's no question about it. However, with progress slowing and now driven to a halt, it's only natural to doubt its future. I would urge a cautious optimism. Don't get your hopes up like it's a guarantee going into the future, but don't ignore it either. It'll be a pleasant surprise if it actually does come out within a reasonable time frame, but for now I'm not holding my breath.
  4. Pandabomber

[DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

I downloaded it just fine on Chrome, it's not an issue with the browser.
  5. Pandabomber

Your preferred Knighthood

If I feel like being a dirty cheat, I'll join Eventide myself for style points. As for using them in actual warfare, Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet and then Knights of the Falcon. I need to experiment with the other cookie-cutter heavy knight orders to see if there's something better - I mostly use Falcons because they're easy to acquire for me (Sir Rayne conflicts with Freddy and Boadice, and I don't use those two anyway).
  6. Pandabomber

A guide for mounting all sorts of blades in PoP

Yeah, if you have a looting companion like Adonja, their party skill won't apply during/after the battle. Protecting your tracker, looter (if you have one), whoever you gave the engineer skill to, and the medic is very important, and they'll get pulled into fights with higher battle sizes.
  7. Pandabomber

What's your Difficulty homie, what are you into?

I play on the same settings as you Levon, with the exception of having auto-block instead of manual. I like to play on the ground without a horse, and it gets incredibly chaotic in that giant pile in the field. Horses running you over, arrows flying over you and hitting the guy next to you, etc. I'd rather not deal with trying to block 5 guys at once manually.
  8. Pandabomber

M0rdred said:
    Yeah, we may want to unsticky this thread until there actually is an update (or at least re-name it)? It will get confusing soon.

Should just unsticky it once the thread hits the anniversary mark. Past a year with no updates means it's lost relevance. Or start a new thread with a summary of the previous updates once a major update is made.
  9. Pandabomber

Is there a fix for the parchment staying up after you hit BACKSPACE in battle?

Aye, this bug is a bit of a deal-breaker for me. I'm hoping the next version is released soon so I can give Floris a proper try.
  10. Pandabomber

Input from PoP veterans please

Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet, Falcon, and Clarion Call are the ones I typically use. Getting Eventide rep involves a lot of teleporting if you want to keep your sanity.
  11. Pandabomber

HybridSoldier said:
    You guys know when this PoP 4 will release? :grin:

Probably after Saxon has dried up his slave labor during the next school semester.
  12. Pandabomber

I'll take the cryptic Dev-speak as they'll be improved slightly.
  13. Pandabomber

I haven't paid attention to this mod in particular in a couple of months, but I'm going to ease my way into it again. I'm hoping Saxon is making good use of his slave labor. But, more importantly, I have a question. Are Crossbows going to get any love in 4.0? They are vastly inferior to bows, even with the damage boost, mostly because of their poor accuracy and the fact that Power Draw doesn't effect Crossbow accuracy (Or its potential damage output, which is easily outclassed by the Noldor bow and the Gem bows).  The only niche they seem to fit into would be castle sieges, and even then, it's hard to compete with the rapid fire of a Ravenstern Ranger or any other high-tier archer. The whole "bows are super strong fantasy elven weapons" thing gets old after awhile.
  14. Pandabomber

The New lead Designer

Good luck.
  15. Pandabomber

The Noldor:Rate Your Hate

I hate elves and I hate having to babysit them like I need to apologize for something I did a long time ago as a winning condition. I really, REALLY, hate elves. But I do love dwarves and orcs much more than pansy elves.
  16. Pandabomber

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Odisejas said:
    My question is :

1) which is the best way to improve the relationship with a particullar order ( for example knights of evantide) , do i have to kill heretics , or do i have to fallow them and help them in the battles, or maybe there is some other way which i don't know ? For example auto- battle noldor scout bands get 10 prisoners and let them go home ?  Does it works for all orders ?

For Eventide, you need to assist them in battles and in the occasional heartbeat quest in a village, releasing an accused heretic or going with the Witch suggestion for the wolves will raise your relation with them. There are probably a couple more heartbeat quests that alter their relation with you. It's a long and painful process, be advised.
  17. Pandabomber

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

krisvk said:
    Are the snake cult shrines like the vanskerry landings?

They're bandit hideouts like Vanskerry landings are, except they use the Rhodok's Mountain Bandit hideout scene, while the Vanskerry's use the Nord Sea Raider hideout scene.
  18. Pandabomber

Unique Troops for Companion Lords and Regular Lords

Vettkinn said:
    Treebeard said:
    In PoP 3.5 you will also have:
    - Alistair, Roland and Rayne have special troop additions when being lords.

Ahh, good. I believe Sir Rayne will have order knights (falcon IIRC) and Roland will have dawn knights I guess. It would be nice to have a Jatu or Vanskerry vassal as well, or better yet, a red brotherhood vassal  :wink:

I think Inar Hairybreeks (if that's his name, he's a Fierdsvain lord, usually has a self-righteous personality) has Red Brotherhood Guildsmen for household troops, and he carries around a crap load of those. You might want to check him out.
  19. Pandabomber

Best way to train weapons skills?

I use the same approach that Treebeard suggested. It's not quick, but it can turn a profit and you're not losing any time in-game that you'd otherwise be using hunting bandits or looting villages.

d010060002 said:
    once you have access to elecrai it's incredibly easy to boost your bow skills, even if you arent very good with bows. You simply ask the trainer at the castle to work with bows and then hide behind the trees when the elf shoots at you. Nock your arrow while behind the tree and wait for him to shoot, then pop out and hit him. Since your arrow is pre-nocked, even if his draw is faster you'll beat him to the punch. It's not an early game thing, obviously, because you have to be on good terms with the noldor, but it increases your skills by a ton.

Well, this is new information to me. At least this would make tournaments with bows bearable for non-bow users if they can train the skill quickly, although it's still weak without the investment in Power Draw.
Back
Top Bottom