Prophesy of Pendor 4.0 Developer Notes

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
HazeNY said:
I hope evil characters are given more variety in POP4. Like conscription of villagers.

Also the ability to raid a castle or town for loot instead of taking it over automatically.

Oh yeah, when you appoint a chamberlain or whatever for your own faction, it'd be a nice ability to be told which vassal has more votes
for a fief so instead of going around to all of them to find out you could just go home and have your chamberlain tell you who's voted most.

Why care about votes, only the king vote is important. The rest can duck an sick.

Foso said:
I'm been lurking around Taleworlds for awhile, saying a bit here and there. I've been watching and playing PoP for a few years now and I still will be. So I'm going to break my constant silence and ever watchful gaze for a bit.

It's been a long journey, and I've seen the Head's change and the mod grow. The only thing I could say I regret about letting PoP have so much influence on my life is that I haven't tried to really influence in return in thanks. But I've never been one to do things like that, I just like to sit back and enjoy. Call me greedy. I have loved this mod since I first set eyes on it five years ago. And I will have my eyes still on it five years from now.

Hell, to be honest I hope you guys never truly finish. It's quite entertaining to watch the interactions of the community here. So, I think I'll slink back into my shadowy corner now. All of you working on this have had my support and will always have it. So if you ever feel like your all alone doing this, just look into the dark corner of your room and know I'm quietly watching and nodding my head.
You know, we really do it for the lurkers like you. And the ever-changing, fun community is another reason.

Foso said:
I'm been lurking around Taleworlds for awhile, saying a bit here and there. I've been watching and playing PoP for a few years now and I still will be. So I'm going to break my constant silence and ever watchful gaze for a bit.

It's been a long journey, and I've seen the Head's change and the mod grow. The only thing I could say I regret about letting PoP have so much influence on my life is that I haven't tried to really influence in return in thanks. But I've never been one to do things like that, I just like to sit back and enjoy. Call me greedy. I have loved this mod since I first set eyes on it five years ago. And I will have my eyes still on it five years from now.

Hell, to be honest I hope you guys never truly finish. It's quite entertaining to watch the interactions of the community here. So, I think I'll slink back into my shadowy corner now. All of you working on this have had my support and will always have it. So if you ever feel like your all alone doing this, just look into the dark corner of your room and know I'm quietly watching and nodding my head.

Thank you for your kind words of support.  I must echo MadVader's sentiment.  In the end, it is really done for you and others like you. 

Kindest regards,

Saxondragon

Yeah. And another longtime lurker signs in to say few things.

PoP is one heavenly mod that kept me interested in mount and blades for years. Impatiently waits new version of PoP.

As much as you all might hate to think about or admit it, Hound has a point. Put fanboyism and sycophancy aside here for a moment and look at it objectively. I'll keep it simple.

1) It's been a long time since any updates were released or any new substantial information was released. If progress was being made at the same rate as it was during the period Saxon was releasing information, more previews would have been released and we'd have more information, and perhaps some sort of date people could throw a guess at.

2) People's attention is going to drift elsewhere until something major happens with something they previously dropped. Other mods are being released and updated by more active developers. Communities might not be as large, but there's definitely communication going and, of course, development.

This is my favorite mod and the one I've sunk the most time into, there's no question about it. However, with progress slowing and now driven to a halt, it's only natural to doubt its future. I would urge a cautious optimism. Don't get your hopes up like it's a guarantee going into the future, but don't ignore it either. It'll be a pleasant surprise if it actually does come out within a reasonable time frame, but for now I'm not holding my breath.

Maybe we should post in caps that PoP 3.6 is being developed and will be released soon enough. About PoP 4, only time will tell, and no amount of cajoling, pleading or threatening to leave will make it come true.

No one is fanboying, Panda. We're simply being realistic and understanding to the modders as explained by my earlier post in this thread, amongst others.

Really think this thread should be locked, lest it becomes a target for more trolling.

Unless you´re willing to step forward, learn modelling, texturing, coding, designing, composing catchy tunes and record them as well as any other sounds you feel aprobiate - in short: you´re the perfect game developer - and decide it was about time you spent 140 hours a week on PoP 4.0 for the next few months of your life. Without payment, of course, since the outcome should be a free mod.

Then you´ll have a short glimpse on how much effort SD and the core team put into this creation in order to keep you regularily updated.

Your points may be vaild, Pandabomber, and other developers be more active, but if you put fanboyism and sycophancy aside for a moment and look at it objectively - few mods as well done as PoP have been released for MnB/WB till now. It´s definetly among the top3 choices. One could be content with that perspective.

PoP 4.0 is something totally different, but 3.6 is currently in progress and it will invent some fun for sure to keep you attracted another couple of weeks.

And finally if 3.6 doesn´t meet your expectations or 4.0 will never be released, all the other mods out there deserve their share of appreciation. Even if you´re spoiled by PoP, no reason not to try them.

It's foolish to wait for it to be released. Just go about your life as you normally would and when it is released and you stumble upon it a week/month/ year down the road after  it has been released then you can enjoy. Nuff said right?

Development for it has already been put on pause a few weeks ago anyways, so just put it to the back of your mind until it is finally released like all the sane people do. Not everyone here knew Pop was being made but they certainly found it right?

AnddyiRaynor said:
Development for it has already been put on pause a few weeks ago anyways, so just put it to the back of your mind until it is finally released like all the sane people do. Not everyone here knew Pop was being made but they certainly found it right?

Indeed. The emphasis some people put on this is troubling. The sun will likely rise even if PoP4 is delayed some.

Whenever you get antsy, just repeat these words in your mind "POP4 will be glorious. POP4 will be magical. POP4 will be juicy."

You people are boring twats. Some of us lurkers are just giving them encouragement(s). Moral boost if you will.

Its my goddamn right to do with my time how i please. Even if i wait PoP 4.0 in vain(which is funny notion to begin with, because nobody actually stands here like a goddamn candle waiting to see some progress).So stop spreading negativity around this part of forum through snobbish smartass comments and do some deeds for this community and/or mod instead.

Or a simple words of encouragement to the team of PoP , EVEN if you know they are having a break.

Jesus what a bunch of ungrateful twats. No wonder they are on a break.

indeed    the top 3 WB mods : AD 1257  Brytenwalda  PoP (in alphabetical order  :grin:)
thank you guys for your efforts in making this mod  ppl like u are the heroes and champions of Internet!
moders make games fun!

scytale30ro said:
indeed    the top 3 WB mods : AD 1257  Brytenwalda  PoP (in alphabetical order  :grin:)
thank you guys for your efforts in making this mod  ppl like u are the heroes and champions of Internet!
moders make games fun!

I really tried AD1257, though it was early alpha and it was really sux. And I tried Brytenwalda, but it somehow has an ability to make my tongue and brain to explode every time (nevermind how pathetic their arms and armor looks, even though it's somehow historical related). While both of them probably not so bad, I think after PoP they're just too easy and no fun at all. Though I was playing Sword of Damocles before Warband came, and it was not so bad actually. Though as far as I know it's still in development and lags like hell in Warband version.

Nierra said:
scytale30ro said:
moders make games fun!

I really tried AD1257, though it was early alpha and it was really sux. And I tried Brytenwalda, but it somehow has an ability to make my tongue and brain to explode every time (nevermind how pathetic their arms and armor looks, even though it's somehow historical related). While both of them probably not so bad, I think after PoP they're just too easy and no fun at all. Though I was playing Sword of Damocles before Warband came, and it was not so bad actually. Though as far as I know it's still in development and lags like hell in Warband version.

I don't like Brytenwalda at all.
The armor, weapons... blehh.
Difficulty, wat shall i say, my dog can play it out.

It has been about like 2 years after they announced this version.

1.Is it done? (if yes can you give me download link and skip then next few questions)

2. Is there a release date?

3. About how far are they finished?

4. Will there be Pendor and Amala or just Amala?

5. I know about the Pendor troop customization, but will there be a certain set of things you have to do to get the best customization?

6. Is there a best customization? if so, won't it make the game unbalanced?

7. This is not about 4.0 but I have a glitch where my army won't do anything when i battle. My cavalry will hold position in a tight square somewhere on the map, my archers will charge with my infantry. My cavalry won't engage, I try to press 3+F3 to get cavalry to charge but it wont show up in the game log, and the little circles won't light up. Please help. and Don't tell me to erase my save game because i have over 500 days on it.

soapmctavish4 said:
It has been about like 2 years after they announced this version.

1.Is it done? (if yes can you give me download link and skip then next few questions)
- No, it is not done. Currently, I believe it is indefinitely postponed due to the development team focusing on real life matters.

2. Is there a release date?
- See above.

3. About how far are they finished?
- They have released a few concepts, so I would assume for the most part the concept and basic background have been finalized. As for all the coding, art, and other implementations, I have no idea.

4. Will there be Pendor and Amala or just Amala?
- There is a video showing off the bare-bones of the new playable area. It is just Amala.

5. I know about the Pendor troop customization, but will there be a certain set of things you have to do to get the best customization?
- All I know is that the Griffon Order may be customization in terms of equipment and the player may be able to obtain troops from the Pop 3.x series if they declare Pendor as their own kingdom. As for details, I don't believe it has been released.

6. Is there a best customization? if so, won't it make the game unbalanced?
- See Above.

7. This is not about 4.0 but I have a glitch where my army won't do anything when i battle. My cavalry will hold position in a tight square somewhere on the map, my archers will charge with my infantry. My cavalry won't engage, I try to press 3+F3 to get cavalry to charge but it wont show up in the game log, and the little circles won't light up. Please help. and Don't tell me to erase my save game because i have over 500 days on it.
- Try 3, F1, Then F3 // (Cavalry, Movement Commands, Charge) - This is if you didn't change from default keybindings

Replies in Bold. Note that I am not a member of the development team or affiliated with them in any way. Everything posted on my end is subject to speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom