Input from PoP veterans please

Users who are viewing this thread

sidhos

Banned
  I'm sure this topic has been broached at some point or another, so forgive if it seems redundant to some.

I'm interested to know what the long-time players of the mod, think about joining a Knighthood.  Do you do it or not? If you do, which do you prefer?  I'm sure everyone has different preferences, it would be cool to get some input on other people's ideas about which they prefer, and how it applies to their playstyle, etc.

I joined the order of the falcon at my first castle (I was part of the Empire) and got their armor, then went running around. When I came back like a week or two later after traveling around I had several Knights of the Falcon sitting in my castle. Does that work for other knighthoods as well?

Kinsume said:
I joined the order of the falcon at my first castle (I was part of the Empire) and got their armor, then went running around. When I came back like a week or two later after traveling around I had several Knights of the Falcon sitting in my castle. Does that work for other knighthoods as well?

Yup over time every castle or town that has a knighthood order gets a few troops added to the garrison. You can also do quests once in a while for the orders for a chance at some of their troops for free.

Kinsume said:
Does that work for other knighthoods as well?

All chapters generate troops for free, you do not need to join. I never use nobles, only free troops.

The downside is as certain towns start with a knighthood chapter you finally end up facing a couple of hundreds of elitist defenders on top of the odd 600+ garrison. Like Singal. *shudder* 200 Knights of the Eventide almost as many Eventide Ghilmen, a fair share of Blademasters, Bladesmen and Warriors...

Most things in PoP have a downside as well as an advantage.

noosers said:
Like Singal. *shudder* 200 Knights of the Eventide almost as many Eventide Ghilmen, a fair share of Blademasters, Bladesmen and Warriors...

Yeah, many fierds died that day...

I usually attack any knighthood order which i wont need in the future for xp and loot  :cool:

Correct me if im wrong but i have the impression that you get way more units as a reward from a knighthood order which likes you a lot than from an order which doesnt like you that much.

So joining an order which has excellent troops isnt a bad idea  :wink:

I always join an order for the benefits posted above. The order I join honestly depends on that playthrough, whether I want to simply bolster one aspect of my army, or develop a lacking section.
EG: If I run with far too little cav, I will join a cav order, because it marginally increases the number of solid heavy cav I control.

Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet, Falcon, and Clarion Call are the ones I typically use. Getting Eventide rep involves a lot of teleporting if you want to keep your sanity.

My favourite combination is Silvermist Rangers with Knights of the Dawn, whereas I have my character usually join the Dawn in order to become Lord High Inquisitor of Pendor instead of just another puny king...  :twisted:

I like my Knights of the Falcon but I'm kind of disappointed that aside from Sir Rayne, they all appear to be female. I liked the idea of a mixed gender egalitarian order 'cause it fit my RP storyman theme of founding a more enlightened and progressive Pendor.

While we're on the topic, does anyone have an opinion on the Radiant Cross and/or Raven Spear? I've got them pegged as my next orders to found since they fit the theme perfectly but I don't wanna gimp myself tooooooo much for RP's sake lol. Knights of the Dawn, Eventide and Ebony Gauntlet are a no-go for me RPwise but I'd be open to any of the Kingdom orders.

I seem to be the only one who loves Ravenstern and later went to establish the first chapter in the Order of the Raven Spear who were cast out of Rane earlier. I actually really like them as they helped me conquer all of Sarleon pretty much by myself.  They charge in battle with heavy armor and morningstars great on horse back and assault.

Back
Top Bottom