Prophesy of Pendor 4.0 Developer Notes

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's wonderful news! I was a little concerned that PoP4 had quietly died, which would be a shame considering how incredible this mod series is. A change of stewardship is far from a bad thing, as even the most dedicated of us reach our furthest point after enough time. So, thank you all so much for your great work with this mod so far, and I am very thankful that it will continue into the future.

There will be no companions based off of Fawzia. Sorry, but that isn't happening. And all companions have been selected so please don't offer any suggestions to them.

MitchyMatt said:
There will be no companions based off of Fawzia. Sorry, but that isn't happening. And all companions have been selected so please don't offer any suggestions to them.

Actually, while there is no character named Fawzia there is a particular aspect of the game that will continue on as a piece of her creation.  What that is, I cannot say.  Rumors and speculation commence.

Doh, Sairtar beat me to saying that! Needless to say we did think deeply about it as she was such an important figure in the development of Pendor and there is a piece of her that will live on forever in the mod.

That said, we have come up with a good, more direct way of saluting her participation and memory which is entirely suited to her contributions, and I am sure she would be enjoying a good laugh about it now.

I probably shouldn't say this...

But I can't wait to see that feature in PoP4! MAKE IT FASTE--

Oh, sorry. My fanboyism got to me again.

It does sound very interesting, and surely, something that will:

1) make us all laugh

and

2) cry in agony.

sairtar said:
MitchyMatt said:

Actually, while there is no character named Fawzia there is a particular aspect of the game that will continue on as a piece of her creation.  What that is, I cannot say.  Rumors and speculation commence.
I'll take Snake Cult for 500 Alex

I haven't paid attention to this mod in particular in a couple of months, but I'm going to ease my way into it again. I'm hoping Saxon is making good use of his slave labor. But, more importantly, I have a question. Are Crossbows going to get any love in 4.0? They are vastly inferior to bows, even with the damage boost, mostly because of their poor accuracy and the fact that Power Draw doesn't effect Crossbow accuracy (Or its potential damage output, which is easily outclassed by the Noldor bow and the Gem bows).  The only niche they seem to fit into would be castle sieges, and even then, it's hard to compete with the rapid fire of a Ravenstern Ranger or any other high-tier archer. The whole "bows are super strong fantasy elven weapons" thing gets old after awhile.

The plans had a large emphasis on crossbows, with one particular faction specializing with them.  However, plans change and those may as well.  I am unaware of any intentions of doing so, and the specifics of the love being crafted into them shall remain a mystery.

make a highlights real, everyone here is from vastly different timezones, and i probs wouldnt be awake for it.

Better check wether or not there´s a useable tutorial already posted in the forge and make one while doing pendor models, if you´re up for something serious like that. If not, taunt the jumping alligator with a few odd morsels of meat.

I cant believe that it will be a year soon since the last update was released.

Time goes by so fast...

sairtar said:
Hinkl said:
I cant believe that it will be a year soon since the last update was released.

Time goes by so fast...

We just produced a major update for 3.5 this summer.
I didn´t  mean to offense you...
ofc i know about the update and i´ve been playing it for more than a few hours already :grin:

I just remember myself when i took a look at the forum and saw theres an update "Updated November 22nd" and now i realize that this moment was a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom