Trouble running Floris Expanded and WSE with Steam version of Warband

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello everybody!  This will be my first post in these forums, and I would like to preface this by saying that I have spent literal hours browsing this forum, google, steam forums, nexus pages, modDB pages, etc etc, and still have not found a satisfactory solution to my particular problem.  Now, on to the problem itself...

So, I have a Steam version of Warband, and what I'm trying to do is play Floris Expanded WITH the Enhanced Tournaments option enabled in the camp menu.  Unfortunately, WSE is supposedly incompatible with the Steam version of the game, according to the WSE mod page on this forum.  What this means is that when I try to run WSE, I get a pop-up telling me I need to activate my copy of the game, and that I am currently in trial mode.  The issue is that when I try to input my Steam serial-key, I get an error message that reads "Access Denied!"  I also tried manual activation, and even went so far as to use the way back machine to access a now defunct TaleWorlds serial-key converter, even attempted to edit the registry to input my key that way... but to no avail.  I always just get the "Access Denied!" message, no matter what I do.

Now, on to the second phase of the issue.  I can download the Warband exe files provided on the WSE page on this forum, and so long as I use them instead of the Steam exe files, I can run Floris Expanded, BUT- if I try to enter a tournament while the Enhanced Tournaments option is enabled in the camp menu, I crash immediately.  I've heard a lot of crap about this being related to a cracked version of the game and what not, but I ensure you I spent my eight dollars on Steam to get a legitimate copy lol.  The only thing I can think of there is that maybe the exe provided by the WSE team is broken in some way, but in any case I ctd when I try to enter a tournament.

Curiously enough, I DON'T get an enhanced tournament crash if I run the mod through my Steam launcher, but unfortunately I DO lose my text box in battles and on the map, due to the log being flooded with other error messages since WSE is not active. 

SO... I suppose what my question is, is this: is there any way on god's green earth to run Floris Expanded WITH the Enhanced Tournaments through WSE when you're playing the Steam version of Warband?

I apologize if this is in the wrong section, or if there is a well known solution to this problem lurking somewhere in the depths of this forum.  Like I said, I have searched for literal hours for a solution to this problem, and am at my wit's end.  Please let me know if you have any ideas for me, and thank you so much for taking the time to read through my rant!  :iamamoron:  Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom