Zann Dynasty

Users who are viewing this thread

After the first invasion (where they will capture 5 to 6 cities), they will be overextended with few lords. The tide turns, just wait and see. In most of my games if Tolrania cannot stand ground, Elintor comes and takes back Leuven and Lesbere. They seem to never lose Forde and Reichberg because of +2000 garrison no faction dares to siege those towns.

I'm happy to see a challenge for the player to do in late game.  2000 enemy troops are nothing for my late game army, even in garrison all it takes is a few attacks since I have plenty of troops stored away.  Seriously, people shouldn't ask for a mod that they can beat right away, that's no fun.  I like to play a long game where I have things to do that are more than F1 F3 and walk away. 

Im facing a problem with zann siege. Atm they r trying to siege Falconwater castle but they just stand there and use bow. With the fief everything works fine. May i ask how to fix it please?

Drakken said:
is it me or they are overpowered, at least in numbers, they are attacking everywhere all together, you have more roaming stacks than lords + huge armies, for me this is a litle insane, i have defeated one of their assault on a town 2000 Vs 1000 but right after they have captured several towns and castles, how are we supposed to defeat that? They look unstopable to me. resistance is futile we will be assimilated.
For now my best option was to use an old save and move the invasion to turn 10000  ^^
Don't get me wrong, i like challenges but fighting infinite hordes of the same troops it's kinda boring.
Zann is the best thing could happend to the player... :smile:
I move date to day 300, so I had plenty of time to be ready for them, then just follow them and retake every place - with right army it is not that hard (I have Elitorian knights, hausehold guards - with bow, long mornigstar and 1h/2h sword, no shieds - Sut champions, demon invokers and paladins of faith, 40-50 each)
..and helping lords a lot, so I gain reown and friends very quickly
..and waiting for oportunity to revolt, as this is the best time, imho - all lords are busy and with small armies - mind, if you are married to princess, you can just revolt, as your wife will be your enemy, so it's need right moment

clock4orange said:
Drakken said:
is it me or they are overpowered, at least in numbers, they are attacking everywhere all together, you have more roaming stacks than lords + huge armies, for me this is a litle insane, i have defeated one of their assault on a town 2000 Vs 1000 but right after they have captured several towns and castles, how are we supposed to defeat that? They look unstopable to me. resistance is futile we will be assimilated.
For now my best option was to use an old save and move the invasion to turn 10000  ^^
Don't get me wrong, i like challenges but fighting infinite hordes of the same troops it's kinda boring.
Zann is the best thing could happend to the player... :smile:
I move date to day 300, so I had plenty of time to be ready for them, then just follow them and retake every place - with right army it is not that hard (I have Elitorian knights, hausehold guards - with bow, long mornigstar and 1h/2h sword, no shieds - Sut champions, demon invokers and paladins of faith, 40-50 each)
..and helping lords a lot, so I gain reown and friends very quickly
..and waiting for oportunity to revolt, as this is the best time, imho - all lords are busy and with small armies - mind, if you are married to princess, you can just revolt, as your wife will be your enemy, so it's need right moment

I'm crazy and moved the date down to turn 70. XD

something else to consider is that you dont have to fight the zann right away, when they first appear you can use them keeping other armies busy to conquer other flefs and leave your kingdom keeping your flefs to start your own kingdom and then while everybody else fights the zann you help the zann in their battles and use them to weaken your enemies.

Tpikol said:
something else to consider is that you dont have to fight the zann right away, when they first appear you can use them keeping other armies busy to conquer other flefs and leave your kingdom keeping your flefs to start your own kingdom and then while everybody else fights the zann you help the zann in their battles and use them to weaken your enemies.

This is true, because they are in total war, they are very friendly towards you if you keep their enemies busy. I always send them emissaries to earn a few right to rule.

i gotta say the zann faction are really cool. one thing that pendor was really missing imo was an asian inspired faction

riraito. said:
Leonion said:
riraito.
What about Kuu-lan?  :smile:
They're also asian-ish.

yep them too. they seem to be more mongolian inspired whereas zann seem more chinese/japanese

More Turkic than Mongolian. It was the first faction I joined and I really love those armored horse archers.
Aksakal means white beard and karasakal black beard in Turkish

Oh, that's interesting.
To be honest, I didn't know about the beards when I made the faces.
I was just given the names I had to use.
Good to know names fit the looks.

Basically started with Elves, got one fief but we never seemed to do anything war wise so only had one little village, then Zann invasion came, in a VERY short amount of time they've taken over half the map and all their main towns have like 1/2000 people in them!! We've got 1 city left (Elsinore) and I've renounced my oath.

How did I mess up so badly and is there any coming back from this? They just seem to be absolutely rampaging, they've almost got a full city in every faction at the moment!

Relax.
Calm down.
You didn't mess up.
Everything is perfectly fine.

The Zann may seem scary, but their armies are composed of 90% cannon fodder that won't stand up to serious elite armies in field battles.
This is what the casualty rate in a battle with Zann Hordes usually looks like:

31019fe2fbf061989436fd37e6006955.png

Great thank you for the reply, in that case I might run off to Drachen and join them, work up some Calvary for some open field warfare.

Yeah, heavy cavalry completely destroy the Zann on open field battles. Just a reminder that if you defeat a General their spearheads won't do anything for a while, so that gives you some leeway if you find a way to isolate the General. Also, eventually they'll act like any other normal faction.

A bit of storytime, if I may..

Much like you, I started as a vassal to the elves. Queen Arwen was already at war with Hakkon Empire, and I had enough renown and persuasion to get Serin Castle for myself. Then, I amassed a nice huge army of Household Guards and Hired Knights, and led them to conquer Aruolo... We weren't at war with them, but I didn't let that stop me, dishonorably conquered Qualetaga (which was ridiculously easy) and gained about 900 prisoners in that siege alone.. then I claimed Qualetaga for myself, and prepared my campaign against the Geldarin.

By the time Zann invaded, I was the lord of Qaletaga, Azure Keep, and Ianthas Castle. The latter I got by exchanging Serin Castle for it. So I had carved a nice little corner of the kingdom all by myself, and by day 150 I had a respectable amount of Household Guards, Hired Knights, Elintor Knights and Geldarin Dukes.. the latter two provided me with boosts to pathfinding and morale.

I allowed the Zann to take Forniron, and convinced Queen Arwen to make me marshal. I took it in a bloody siege, sacrificing many elven allies in process.. But when we were victorious, I demanded if for myself, and persuaded most of the lords to support me.. Thus, Queen Arwen was left fiefless, and I now owned the majority of the land in Elintor.

With Elintor getting the worst from the Zann, I renounced my oath, and left Arwen stranded between me and the invaders. I constantly harassed their lords in the field, captured the Queen herself, and let Zann take huge bites out of Elintor pie until I felt confident enough to take Elsinore. The battle for Elsinore was even bloodier than for Forniron, and we took huge casualties (mainly because of the map itself :grin:)

With Elsinore in my hands, Princess Lithrandil was easily convinced to join me, and soon Arwen had only Lille left.. at which point I released her from my prison and gave her a truce of 20 days, just to keep things interesting.

Here's what it looks like now (day 292): pink is Perisno, green is Zann.
vRpU11M.jpg

Lazy Buttons said:
A bit of storytime, if I may..

Much like you, I started as a vassal to the elves. Queen Arwen was already at war with Hakkon Empire, and I had enough renown and persuasion to get Serin Castle for myself. Then, I amassed a nice huge army of Household Guards and Hired Knights, and led them to conquer Aruolo... We weren't at war with them, but I didn't let that stop me, dishonorably conquered Qualetaga (which was ridiculously easy) and gained about 900 prisoners in that siege alone.. then I claimed Qualetaga for myself, and prepared my campaign against the Geldarin.

By the time Zann invaded, I was the lord of Qaletaga, Azure Keep, and Ianthas Castle. The latter I got by exchanging Serin Castle for it. So I had carved a nice little corner of the kingdom all by myself, and by day 150 I had a respectable amount of Household Guards, Hired Knights, Elintor Knights and Geldarin Dukes.. the latter two provided me with boosts to pathfinding and morale.

I allowed the Zann to take Forniron, and convinced Queen Arwen to make me marshal. I took it in a bloody siege, sacrificing many elven allies in process.. But when we were victorious, I demanded if for myself, and persuaded most of the lords to support me.. Thus, Queen Arwen was left fiefless, and I now owned the majority of the land in Elintor.

With Elintor getting the worst from the Zann, I renounced my oath, and left Arwen stranded between me and the invaders. I constantly harassed their lords in the field, captured the Queen herself, and let Zann take huge bites out of Elintor pie until I felt confident enough to take Elsinore. The battle for Elsinore was even bloodier than for Forniron, and we took huge casualties (mainly because of the map itself :grin:)

With Elsinore in my hands, Princess Lithrandil was easily convinced to join me, and soon Arwen had only Lille left.. at which point I released her from my prison and gave her a truce of 20 days, just to keep things interesting.

Here's what it looks like now (day 292): pink is Perisno, green is Zann.
vRpU11M.jpg

Pretty damn good by day 292.  Lol.  I need to start playing a bit more aggressive.

Pretty damn good by day 292.  Lol.  I need to start playing a bit more aggressive.

I find that it's a lot easier to gain momentum in Perisno once you get your own elite army, and get the cash rolling. Though to be fair, due to the Zann invasion, the elves actually never besieged any of my fiefs, and I only fought in a single defensive siege, one against the Zann. There's a noticeable lack of marshalled 'death stacks' in my playthrough, and most of the time they're relatively small (less than 1600), and can be easily beaten with a smaller force in the field.

Persuading lords to join my cause was also remarkably easy, especially since releasing them after a battle grants a whole +5 relations.. it's almost too easy.

Back
Top Bottom