YOUR SUGGESTIONS

Users who are viewing this thread

Had a first look, there is much too like! But I think it could be much better still, so some suggestions:

- As said in here before, it technically at all possible include other state of the art mods such as diplomacy and custom commander.

- If technically at all possible, try to modify map graphics more. The world map, especially settlements simply look too medieval. The currency, I think, is medieval, too.

- The mod right now seems to be geared at people who want to start as a rich super hero. That's a matter of taste of course, but since it's extremely easy (through cheating) to turn rich super hero any time you want while I don't know of any way to really reverse that, that seems to be an odd choice. Thus could you consider a "slow start" variant where you start basically just as in native, where your companions are not super heroes themselves, where you don't get thousands worth of loot from your first mission, where you don't meet random uber-enemies with mega-weapons?   

myname said:
Had a first look, there is much too like! But I think it could be much better still, so some suggestions:

- As said in here before, it technically at all possible include other state of the art mods such as diplomacy and custom commander.

- If technically at all possible, try to modify map graphics more. The world map, especially settlements simply look too medieval. The currency, I think, is medieval, too.

- The mod right now seems to be geared at people who want to start as a rich super hero. That's a matter of taste of course, but since it's extremely easy (through cheating) to turn rich super hero any time you want while I don't know of any way to really reverse that, that seems to be an odd choice. Thus could you consider a "slow start" variant where you start basically just as in native, where your companions are not super heroes themselves, where you don't get thousands worth of loot from your first mission, where you don't meet random uber-enemies with mega-weapons? 

You must be playing an older version. Latest version removes medieval looking map icons (but then again maybe that's the testing version I am currently playing-if so wait a few weeks and a new version is coming that will have that but check the version you are playing and if it is below 2.8 you need to update). Shillings has replaced denars as currency and we picked it because it was used by Great Britain and they won the war.

You start with those strengths because if you started with Native strengths you'd be killed pretty fast in melee. This is not a mod where you can wear body armour so be thankful you have high strenghts or you'd go down within seconds of your first encounter with bandits.

hey guys! ive been playin 1755 for a few days now... very addictive btw... i do have some suggestions, not sure if theyve been addressed.
-On the weapons skills part of the character screen, how about a skill that says firearms. ive been increasing crossbows, b/c i think thats wut helps for firearms in ur mod, correct me if im wrong. This goes along with actually changing the names of some of the skills, like firing from horseback, can that get better or does that even matter...lol?

-Not sure if you can do this, but is it possible to add a rank system? i see captains, majors, colonels, and generals... it would be cool to like start as a lieutenant or captain once you join a faction, and be able to move up the ranks by good deeds or maybe by renown...

-on destructible items such as the doors in that merchant mission when ur savin his brother in the beginning... could those get a better animation upon destruction? they kinda just do a little weird turn and then u can just walk thru it, lol.

When i come up with more, ill let u guys know. pls dnt take any of these suggestions as if im bashing u, ur mod is better than mount and blade itself. i would have rather payed for this much more than with fire and sword...

thanks guys for listening, i was just havin some thoughts, lol. i do think the rank system in factions would be great, even in the player factions... being able to promote and demote your own officers.... it would give you even more to strive for and reason to have great relations with leaders and other officers.

P.S. i will be postings some great screenshots soon to the other forum!!!!

Auldman said:
You must be playing an older version. Latest version removes medieval looking map icons (but then again maybe that's the testing version I am currently playing-if so wait a few weeks and a new version is coming that will have that but check the version you are playing and if it is below 2.8 you need to update). Shillings has replaced denars as currency and we picked it because it was used by Great Britain and they won the war.

Thanks, good to know that graphics and names will be updated!

Auldman said:
You start with those strengths because if you started with Native strengths you'd be killed pretty fast in melee. This is not a mod where you can wear body armour so be thankful you have high strenghts or you'd go down within seconds of your first encounter with bandits.

Yes, but why are mere bandits so strong? Since you don't need super-powers to play With Fire & Swords, I suspect it's a deliberate designer choice. It's a legitimate one, but I don't like it. I prefer slower starts, why you get what you earn without the game throwing it at you. It's absolutely possible to have that in 1755, just downgrade enemies, player, companions & loot to WFAS or native (with guns) level and that's it. I can't say how much work it is though. Can it be done with text file editing? Copy & paste? If so and with some guidance I could do it myself.

Well i dont know,it is kinda good that you start with high strength,only thing it does is lift your health up and you can invest in power strike(not really useful with guns but hey a good sideways charge still works)

.........yes, but why are mere bandits so strong? Since you don't need super-powers to play With Fire & Swords, I suspect it's a deliberate designer choice. It's a legitimate one, but I don't like it. I prefer slower starts, why you get what you earn without the game throwing it at you. It's absolutely possible to have that in 1755, just downgrade enemies, player, companions & loot to WFAS or native (with guns) level and that's it. I can't say how much work it is though. Can it be done with text file editing? Copy & paste? If so and with some guidance I could do it myself.

Ciao!
It is simply my way to see and play my mod, with those stats and skills. And is a lot of fun, once you get used to it, expecially in some fights.
And yes, it is a ton of work to modify all that (I did so I know :wink:)
I used to modify all mods I met. Then after some Masterpieces as 1866 and Brytenwalda and old M&B China Battlefield.....I stopped that and just slowly entered the spirit of the modder....taking my time to do that and playing ONLY ONE mod at a time (veeeery important to do that, really)
But of course anybody can think as he feels :wink:
Gabby

Yeah this may have already been posted but I cant recruit over 2 men a village. Is there any way to change that?

Ok I'll try that. Thanks  Edit: It Worked!!! I got 32 troops to join me from 4 villages  :smile:

Back
Top Bottom