Your favorite mod and why

Users who are viewing this thread

bthizle1

Recruit
It's been some time since I delved into the world of Mount and Blade. I remember when they were first developing the game back when. In its alpha stage the allowed us to download and play the game for free, assisting them with its development (bugs etc...) Anywho, enough reminiscing....

I've been looking into mods for the past two days, there seems to be a plethora of them and as such I am curious as to what your favorite mods are and why. I'd like to have a good idea before investing a lot of time into one.

I was about to play the 1247 mod, but I read that there were two semi gamebreaking bugs that still haven't been fleshed out. (The prisoners bug and the ranged weapons in sieges) I'd prefer something historical, but it's not entirely necessary, features, content and stability are the most important.

How about any historical mods?

EdIT: The jurrasic mod joke I did not find to be comical.....Although expected from an individual with a sports figure as an avatar (I jest, I jest)

I was looking at that, I'd prefer something that's not yet in the gunpowder era but it does look quite interesting. I will give it a try as well.

Oh, I started playing PoP and I do enjoy the challenge, however I'm noticing all of the buildings are the same as vanilla....?

A Clash of Kings is an utterly superb mod if you're into Game of Thrones. I guess it's awesome anyhow, but if you're a fan of GoT, it's even better.

I'm currently on my third or fourth playthrough of Viking Conquest, which is kind of a mod. Viking-era/dark ages mod. You'll have to pay for that one, though. I find it really, really well-made and full of interesting new features. Worth the money imho! It is by far the hardest mod I've ever played. Takes time to build up a good character, but it feels very rewarding as you get there. Difficulty settings, amongst other settings, are very customizable.

I also played some Prophesy of Pendor, which didn't strike me as anything new or unique so I didn't continue past an hour playtime. I don't know about that one. I'll have to try to play it again some other time, as I can see everywhere that people love it.
Perisno was more interesting to me, with with elves, dwarves and rideable wolves and such, but I guess Viking Conquest is just too appealing to me, so I dropped that too.

Warband is definitely a game with many great mods. Thank you awesome community.

In regards to mods I would say that although many of the mods have smaller communities, one of the larger ones is the Napoleonic Wars Community.  They currently have a spot on here but they are bigger on FSE (Flying Squirel Entertainment) forums. I do think though that its sad that the communities seemed so divided although we in many ways play the same game.  But as I always say to each his own :smile: 

Although this may be a simple mod and not worthy of something as grand as Clash of Kings or the Prophesy of Pendor, I really enjoy Vexed Native.

Speeds up the game significantly, and makes it much less grind-y.

I just tried Clash of Kings and wow.....quite extensive. I wasn't expecting such a well fleshed out mod. Haven't had much time to play, but I was under the impression it may not be soo good because of all the negative comments about the creator....

Also tried PoP, however it just didn't seem all that different from vanilla, same buildings etc....

Sanscenti said:
A Clash of Kings is an utterly superb mod if you're into Game of Thrones. I guess it's awesome anyhow, but if you're a fan of GoT, it's even better.

Game of Thrones is even better if you are into Game of Thrones and a fan of it.

Roberta_Baratheon said:
Sanscenti said:

What is your point? Are you contributing to the thread in any way by commenting on the poor grammar of that segment of my post? :wink:
I was messed up on morphine. I hope your ego got a boost from it though!

Sanscenti said:
Roberta_Baratheon said:
Sanscenti said:

What is your point? Are you contributing to the thread in any way by commenting on the poor grammar of that segment of my post? :wink:
I was messed up on morphine. I hope your ego got a boost from it though!

Welcome to Warband. I like that desert mod with the crusaders and muslim armies. Very fun. It has "Sands" in it but I forget the rest.

Back
Top Bottom