SP Medieval Musket Era XVI century mod: 1580, the Rising of the Fall

Users who are viewing this thread

Divicaico

Recruit
Hello, i've been a lot of time reading this forum and i decide to post, to share with you my experiences and of course learn of you too
I have a bit of experience with modding with Total War games and i decided to start a mod in this game which has bewitched me  :razz:
As its own name says this mod is set in europe in the end of XVI century, the games starts in 1580.
The factions are the next ones(to avoid translations problems each faction will have his name in his predominant language)
-Kingdom of Spain, in game Reino de España whose leader is the King Philip II, in game "Felipe II el Católico Rey de España" (well as the game doesn't accept the ñ, he's "Rey de Espana"  :razz:)
His initial situation is as a big empire with a powerful army but scattered around Europe, it will combat against the flemish rebels (Unie van Utrecht) in the netherlands, also it suffers the menace of the Ottoman empire in Africa, and also he will have to fight with the French Kindom and the Kingdom of England, its main rivals. Its only ally will be the Holly Roman Empire.
The cities and castles of the Spanish Kindom will be scattered in 5 places:
-Iberian peninsula:
-Madrid (The capital)
-Valencia (Castle)
-Barcelona (Castle)
-Lisboa (Castle)
-Sevilla (Castle)
There are also a lot of villages that represent the other important cities in Spain, so don't consider the villages as them, but less important cities or with less strategical importance
-Italy, Sicilia and Sardinia:
-Milan (Town)
-Naples (Town)
-Palermo (Castle)
And another villages as Messina, el Alguer, Cagliari...
- Flanders
-Arras (Town)
-Lille (Castle)
And 3 more villages...
-North Africa
-Ceuta (Castle)
-Melilla (village)
-Orán (Castle)
- Borgoña (Burgundy)
-Dijon as a castle and Besaçon as a village

Their troop tree is (Names are in spanish as i said each faction will have their units in its language)
                                                                        -Reclua (Recruit)
                    -Rodelero Temprano (a metal buckler, and a rapier)                                            -Ballestero (crossbowman)
              -Rodelero                                        -Piquero de Tercio Temprano(pikeman)            -Arcabucero(arquibusier)
-Lancero(spear cav) -Piquero de Tercio                    -Piquero de tercio                                    -Mosquetero (musketer)
-Lancero pesado -Herreruelo (pistol cav)          -Alabardero        - Lancero pesado                      -Herreruelo
As soon i take a good screen i will post it...
The map is almost ready with all cities, asap i will post a screen too

The other factions i will comment in the next posts are:
-Royaume de France
-Devlet-i Âliye-yi Osmâniyye (ottoman empire)
-Kingdom of England
-Imperium Romanum Sacrum Nationis Germanicae
- Unie van Utricht (They will be a secondary faction with only a town but with spawn points of armies)

This project need suggestions about the french, english, ottoman, and german armies and ,when i post the map i'd like you post your suggestions about cities that should or not should to be present in the map, because i know spanish history better than other states, so i'll be glad to get opinions about the other nation's armies and territories

Edit: The things changed, look in the page 3

A mod centered around the Great Spanish Empire - I like it :smile:

I don't mean to be a party pooper, but version 1.0 is coming soon,
so are you still planning a 0.960 release or will you wait for version 1.0?

I like the fact that you keep the original Spanish names for troops,
but that also challenges you to do the same with the other nations' troops... But I guess that's where you need help  :smile: 

Well, about the version in which i will release it... I already have done the spanish units and the whole map, and ottoman faction has arab units, though they still are not completelly historically accurate, moreover i have spanish characters and some flags and banners, i thought release a early version when i get some permissions from other mods... Anyway i hope that in v 1.0 a lot of things (models,textures, maps, banners...) will still be usefull so the only work will be the scripting and continue doing factions, also i hope that if people like the firsts versions i can get some volunteers to the rescripting...
About the unit's names, of course each faction will have its units in their respective language... I will need help in it,as well i'd need help with personalities of that epoch for the characters, specially the non spanish faction, and with banners and heraldic simbols too.
Cheers :wink:

Weren't Italian cities divided into states? Just a question, though I'm not overall sure of it.

Also, I believe Corsica was also part of Italy?

I have an excellent book which has as a subject the battle of Lepanto, which happens in the same time period of your mod, namely the late 16-th Century.

It does an excellent job of describing both Ottoman, Spanish and Venetian troops, since these are the main ones which took part in the battle. Speaking of which, why aren't the Venetians a faction? The Serene Republic of Venice was a power-house in those times, especially on sea and they were very rich because of trade routes. As such, they had a very big part in the battle of Lepanto.

As for personalities of the time, I could dig through that book for important people. Off the top of my head you have people like Gian' Andrea Doria (who was on the Spanish side and close to King Philip) and Don Juan de Austria (Philip's bastard brother) and several other figures. I'll check the book if it helps.

It also goes to a great deal to describe the Ottoman system of government and their army's organization. Note that during the battle of Lepanto many of the Ottoman galleys were commanded in Greek, and not in Turkish and Greeks made up an important part of the Ottoman war-machine, both administratively and militarily.

Well, about the Boomie's question, at the moment in italy there are only represented the spanish and german cities... Milan, Pavia, Genoa (this city wasn't under spanish rule but it had a close relation with Spain, for example that city was an important point in the Spanish Way to Flanders) Napoli, Trento, etc...
About Venetian faction, i'd like to do it, but i don't know how to add new cities as well as the preextisting ones... If somebody could tech me i would be glad to add a Venetian faction and also the Papal States... and i could study more suggestions about other factions which could appear. :wink:
Greetings
P.D: About characters, it's very important that the game starts in 1580, when the Union of Utrecht appeared... So there are some characters as don Juan de Austria that died, this one in 157:cool:

Well, because the new version will be released soon, i decided to stop scripting and start with units.
Spanish ones are already done and i made a list for ottoman empire's units:
                                                                    -Basi-Bozuk(irregular inf)
                                            -Assapes( main infantry)                      -Azap (irregular light inf with bow)
                    -Akinzi(irregular cav ranged)  -Acemi (janissary recruit)    -Janissary archers (i'd like a more historical alternative)
                    -Timariot (med cav ranged)  -Cemaat (janissary frontier guard)
                    -Sipahi (noble cav, ranged)    -Beyliks (janissary guard)

I have some pictures of Sipahi, janissaries and azap, but i'd be very grateful to could tell me more about ottoman infantry's equipment

Very Nice! A renaissance mod, that actually features a proper Utrecht union. looking forward to kicking the Spanish out of Holland!

Well, now i'm posting some screenshoots, it's very hard to get good screens in a middle of battle  :razz:
Well, firstly the map, i used the hegemony's one which i think has a very good quality, if they give me the permission to use it the map will be this one:
map1.jpg

map2.jpg

map3.jpg

map4problemalguercagliarisiracusa.jpg

map5.jpg

And now some screens of two spanish units and the berber pirates:
Mosqueteros
mosqueteros.jpg

Lanceros Pesados
lanceropesado2.jpg

lanceropesado.jpg

lanceropesado1.jpg

And berber pirates, which replace sea raiders and spawn in spanish and north african coast...
piratasberberiscos.jpg

Soon i'll try to take a screen to Militie van Vlaanderen, that will be for the moment  the dutch units and will spawn near in the netherlands with a similar behavoir than hegemony patrols... But, i have some problems with Unie van Utrecht because as result that they are the replacement of mountain bandits i still don't know how to do possible the recruiting in their villages and Amsterdam doesn't have garrisson, only Willem van Oranje-Nassau... The good thing is that if you want to play as his role you take it easily and can drive out the spanish yourself  :razz:

Oh, how I've been yearning for a 'Renaissance' map of Europe  :smile:
I notice the orders are in Spanish - "Todos, a la Carga!!!". I hope it's not all in Spanish (even though I think I know what it means  :smile:).
Or have you managed to make orders faction specific? That would be great, but I don't see how.

i think it is the spanish traduction for the game but that shouldn't appear if you have the english version...

BTW great!! it looks very cool there!!

Everything is in Spanish, not only the orders.

I suppose he's using a foreign language version, as Tercero said.

Alright, this is a bit off topic but I'd like to know how you guys mod the main map. If you guys need help I'm french, I can help translate and stuff.

Thanks.

lol, the orders are in Spanish because i have the native game in "spanglish"  :mrgreen: it would be nice to do what Adorno said, maybe i'll investigate about it... but for the moment the orders will be in english or in spanglish, it depends on the players version...
By the way i want to announce that i'm looking for people that would like help in this mod, i don't ask for a full time modders, just "mercenaries" that would like to help in any little work, for example to make french unit list, to make some model or texture, to help in some improvement, or to help in repetitive work like adding the different weapons and armor to the units, etc...

Edit: Tobaritchpingun, the map can be modified witho thorgrim's map editor which can be found in mount&blade repository... If you want to help i have some jobs that a french could do very well, they are find XVI century's french uniforms and troops, moreover i need french banners and characters ^^

Back
Top Bottom