Xenonauts

Users who are viewing this thread

Well, loading a ground combat is a bit better now. Everyone's where they're supposed to be, but the aliens can shoot through the UFO. Lost many men to that mission. It's still buggy, but seems more or less playable now.

I played it for about a month straight and got burnt out. I simply don't want to play it anymore until it doesn't have a ton of game breaking bugs.

It sounds as if this company's ambition is not matched by its abilities- if they are still at the point where single missions cannot run properly (spaceships disappearing when hit by explosives) after years of development, maybe they aren't cut out for making games.....Is it not just an indie version of the original UFO: Enemy Unknown with more realistic weapons?

Multiple coders doesn't matter if the coding practices you're using end up making a shoddy product. From what I've been hearing of each patch causing more and more issues I begin to think that the skill of the coders involved is somewhat suspect if with every major fix two major bugs appear/reappear. In this case, it's likely not the number of people, just people not doing the best job.

That being said, I look forward to this game.

Ljas said:
Bigger studios have multiple coders and most certainly don't publish their buggy alphas.

...they don't have to because they have actual testers and don't need to rely on mass amounts of people alpha testing.

Havent played it a while. THe game is quite large, and DLing it and then finding out the beta is out the next day is not something I want to do.

Beta SHOULD be out soon, I am waiting for that. Wont play it before.

Exactly the same situation with Project Zomboid. So close, yet so far.  :neutral:

Was wondering why desura still says alpha  :roll:

Should probably start playing something else in the meantime since starting over after getting so far sucks.

Wow, I'd heard this version was unstable but I was expecting it to take a little longer than opening my backpack in the very first mission.

Edit; This time I got as far as shooting an alien. :roll: I understand this a test version but holy ****, that was not worth the 2 hours it took to download from Desura.

Back
Top Bottom