[WPL2] [EU] Rosters & Substitutions

Users who are viewing this thread

Why change the way admins interpret the rules, especially this far into the tournament? I saw no problems in the beginning... Unless it would be for someone's own gain  :roll:

The administration will talk about this later tonight and all of these points will be raised but for now if you want to complain then PM an admin with your concerns rather than spamming this thread.

Mitchell, after reading everything so far, this abuse is so obvious it's cringeworthy, like I respect AE a ton, but this, this is a **** move. I hope Arys and the rest of the team will make an educated decision on this and make the right one, for the good of the tourney.

Ciiges said:
Oliveran said:
yourNotAlone said:
lmfao this has got to be a social experiment or smth
Which means, either all week 4 transfer attempts must be allowed if still wanting to, or all those transfers including Ciiges, will be denied.
all players that were not roster bound, meaning removed before end of transfer week, yes.
Let me rephrase; if it was changed after the transfer week, it must mean that either all teams get to make the changes, or none at all will be allowed. Because it was changed after the transfer week, screwing over other team's chances to change teams, including many, many players chance's as well. It's not "To see fit by definition of what the rules say" but "To be fair to everyone" that should the goal, because rules can be changed to be adjusted to one's own needs, like in this case.

It's not "per case" but "per how many who got potentially screwed over unfairly by deliberately changing the rule after the transfer week".

Reinterpreting the rules for one's benefit has never happened in this community before. Whatever money is involved, it's not worth doing it now. Ignore the money, it's not worth destroying the faith the community has in admins for one's benefit. This is how trust is destroyed. :roll:

I deem this community to be damaged already and allowing Ciiges transfer by literally changing the rule will be like an arrow into the heart of the community.

The_Troubadour said:
Inappropriate move if you ask me. Hopefully the NA admins can keep the integrity of this tournament intact by calling out what appears to everyone as a blatant rule manipulation

Ouch the feels. Gibby brought the issue, we discussed it within us, and Arys took the final decision based on all the opinions, as a NA and Head Admin. It's not about EU admins being the bad boys (not even sure Deacon took part in the decision to be fair), and NA admins the cool ones, lets not extrapolate the whole subject, thanks!

Tardet said:
The_Troubadour said:
Inappropriate move if you ask me. Hopefully the NA admins can keep the integrity of this tournament intact by calling out what appears to everyone as a blatant rule manipulation

Ouch the feels. Gibby brought the issue, we discussed it within us, and Arys took the final decision based on all the opinions, as a NA and Head Admin. It's not about EU admins being the bad boys (not even sure Deacon took part in the decision to be fair), and NA admins the cool ones, lets not extrapolate the whole subject, thanks!

Currently Tardet you're not on the Staff list (I don't know why).

Fietta said:
Tardet said:
The_Troubadour said:

Yet there is an annoucement listing me as admin just there. I have asked Arys, he told me he would do it, he didn't yet. I could have do it myself, but in the same idea I didn't give myself a description in the weekly pundits thread, I just feel weird to do it on my own.

Tardet said:
Fietta said:
Tardet said:
The_Troubadour said:

Yet there is an annoucement listing me as admin just there. I have asked Arys, he told me he would do it, he didn't yet. I could have do it myself, but in the same idea I didn't give myself a description in the weekly pundits thread, I just feel weird to do it on my own.
Gibby and Deacon should not be allowed to have a say in this whole debacle, as it directly involves their team. That leaves the majority of the admins left hailing from NA. I trust they will make the right choice, as the NA community has always had their admins have the right moral compass at the very least.

While I don't really agree with the rule-change, since it creates a level of uncertainty towards the end of the tournament, it is not necessarily a bad rule change. The problem here is that the change was made in, what we believe was, in bad faith. We get the feeling, currently, that Gibby proposed this rule-change, so he could get AE (a couple) new players, so they would have a better chance at winning. I frankly don't care about Ciiges playing for AE, but I really dislike it if people try to use their position of power to favour their team. Admins are supposed to be impartial, and unless we have completely misinterpreted what has happened, Gibby has shown that he isn't.

Apart from what Troubadour said; the last time I remember a problem was handled this badly, was the case when Woj played for nWo even though he already played in that tournament previously. I know that Watly didn't have a say in that decision, simply because the problem was related to the team for which he played. Even then, most of the people including myself thought that the problem was handled badly. Allowing something less in here will create in my opinion even a larger problem.

@Tardet
Just because Fietta isn't playing in the tourney doesn't make his argument any less valid. This clearly reeks of bull**** and I gotta call it out when I see it.
You either let all or none transfer out, shame on gibby for what he did.

Back
Top Bottom