WPL2? Discussion

Users who are viewing this thread

Roberta_Baratheon said:
This was the big announcement you've been blabbering about all week?

Announcing the Sign-Ups isn't big enough for you? What did you expect precisely? Razer to sponsor the tournament?  :neutral:

This logo looks really cool, professional and clean. Loving it.

Roberta_Baratheon said:
This was the big announcement you've been blabbering about all week?

No, it's not, I had to hold off on other announcement. And I had to release this information, so I decided to make several separate announcements instead of one huge one. 

KP67OZ3.png

ANNOUNCEMENT

After several discussions with a trusted donor. We have almost reached an agreement for him to donate $8,000 to the tournament. Which would increase our current prize pool to a total of $10,000. However, before said donor fully commits, they'd like to see the community's interest in partaking in a tournament of that magnitude. Which I can't blame them for, I mean, if you're going to donate that much, it should be huge. So if you are a team that is interested in partaking in the tournament, should the prize pool be $10,000 instead of $2,000 please reply below. We'd need at least 30 teams participating for this to go down.

This sounds absolutely amazing but where are we going to get the players from?

And why are we being kept in the dark about the identity of this mysterious donor? Someone willing to drop that much money into a game like this deserves some recognition. I say we hold a parade for him.

Ebdanian Admiral said:
And why are we being kept in the dark about the identity of this mysterious donor? Someone willing to drop that much money into a game like this deserves some recognition. I say we hold a parade for him.
I'm down to hold a parade, but he prob wants to remain anon

Ebdanian Admiral said:

I'm sure if he wanted to be known. He would be. This is out of respect. People with large sums of money will get harassment for said sums of money.

Cradoc said:
Ebdanian Admiral said:

I'm sure if he wanted to be known. He would be. This is out of respect. People with large sums of money will get harassment for said sums of money.

Its very hanny you said that, I cant think of hanyone who would donate that much

I question if the community even has enough players for that big of a hanourament

Arys said:
We'd need at least 30 teams participating for this to go down.
If you had done this in 2012 you might've pulled it off, but you'd still need a bunch of European teams to fill it out. Even if you somehow managed to get 30 teams for this now, half of them would be Euro, and half of the rest would be newly formed teams with no cohesion or groups from the DLCs. The first two-thirds of the tournament would just be trimming fat from the bracket. It's not my money so it's not my place to tell anyone how to spend it, but my unsolicited advice is to keep it in your pants until Bannerlord rolls out.

Orion said:
Arys said:
If you had done this in 2012 you might've pulled it off, but you'd still need a bunch of European teams to fill it out. Even if you somehow managed to get 30 teams for this now, half of them would be Euro, and half of the rest would be newly formed teams with no cohesion or groups from the DLCs. The first two-thirds of the tournament would just be trimming fat from the bracket. It's not my money so it's not my place to tell anyone how to spend it, but my unsolicited advice is to keep it in your pants until Bannerlord rolls out.
Probably one of the rare times I've agreed with Marnid

Orion said:
Arys said:

Pulled what off? Getting 30 teams? I really don't think it'll be difficult to pull off with a prize pool this big. If you go by the most recent EU and NA tournaments, the combined total of teams is over thirty. And that's not including the newly formed clans, possible NW teams, a ****-ton of others that'd come out of the woodworks to play.

And I don't really want to hear the save it for Bannerlord argument, money comes and goes people. The donor has it right now, and wants to know who's interested. There's no guarantee that he'll have extra cash when Bannerlord releases, things change, people change.

Back
Top Bottom