[WNL5] Week 3 Fixtures - Deadline 11/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Faebio said:
Aeronwen said:
Obviously we cant have lots of streamers in one match

We? I don't see you listed as admin nor as Consultant. Not that I mind you being involved, but I am confused about your position in the administration of this tournament.

It's either you said that nicely or not. Derogatory comments aren't needed. 'We' is fine to use, replace 'We' with something else and get back to me. Also, she's just trying to help ^.^.

Faebio said:
Aeronwen said:
Obviously we cant have lots of streamers in one match

We? I don't see you listed as admin nor as Consultant. Not that I mind you being involved, but I am confused about your position in the administration of this tournament.

She is automatically involved in, like lust? Admins run the tourney, bigger guys run the whole scene? You know...

trot888 said:
It's either you said that nicely or not. Derogatory comments aren't needed. 'We' is fine to use, replace 'We' with something else and get back to me. Also, she's just trying to help ^.^.

I think you misunderstand. As far as I'm aware, Aeronwen resigned from the admin team on a matter of (poorly chosen) principle and was not added as a consultant. Fabio was enquiring as to who 'we' represents, given that it is a plural pronoun and Aeronwen has no administrative position that is publicly broadcasted. Perhaps things have changed and Aeronwen has decided to resume her post as an administrator, perhaps she was speaking collectively for the community or as a streamer. Either way, there was nothing derogatory about Fabio's enquiry.

Efe Karacar said:
She is automatically involved in, like lust? Admins run the tourney, bigger guys run the whole scene? You know...

Not listed anywhere on here, Lust is:

ArWz5.jpg
Can I go to Aeronwen if someone is being mean to me and I want them banned? Do I go to her if someone cheats during a match? Do I go to her if I have scheduling issues? There's a degree of ambiguity here.

BlackTide said:
trot888 said:

I think you misunderstand. As far as I'm aware, Aeronwen resigned from the admin team on a matter of (poorly chosen) principle and was not added as a consultant. Fabio was enquiring as to who 'we' represents, given that it is a plural pronoun and Aeronwen has no administrative position that is publicly broadcasted. Perhaps things have changed and Aeronwen has decided to resume her post as an administrator, perhaps she was speaking collectively for the community or as a streamer. Either way, there was nothing derogatory about Fabio's enquiry.

Efe Karacar said:

ArWz5.jpg
Can I go to Aeronwen if someone is being mean to me and I want them banned? Do I go to her if someone cheats during a match? Do I go to her if I have scheduling issues? There's a degree of ambiguity here.

Curious as to how you would have spun it if I had used 'I' instead ^^

Yes I resigned from teh admin team and declined to become a consultant on a point of principle. 

Nonetheless a certain amount of work needs to be done if the tournament is to run as successfully as possible and I help with that work where necessary.

Despite the actions by you and certain members of your clan to harass, humiliate, silence and undermine me if you do have any issues associated with the tournament and you brought them to me I would do my best to get them resolved as fairly as possible.

Since I am aware you posted as you did to obtain a response you can spin in the ongoing, and frankly boring, attempts set up the idea that if you lose the tournament its because of admin bias, I probably wont bother answering any further posts in this vein.

Aeronwen said:
BlackTide said:
trot888 said:

Efe Karacar said:

ArWz5.jpg

Yes I resigned from teh admin team and declined to become a consultant on a point of principle. 

Nonetheless a certain amount of work needs to be done if the tournament is to run as successfully as possible and I help with that work where necessary.

Despite the actions by you and certain members of your clan to harass, humiliate, silence and undermine me if you do have any issues associated with the tournament and you brought them to me I would do my best to get them resolved as fairly as possible.

Since I am aware you posted as you did to obtain a response you can spin in the ongoing, and frankly boring, attempts set up the idea that if you lose the tournament its because of admin bias, I probably wont bother answering any further posts in this vein.

In fairness, it's a point that could use some clarity. You're listed neither as an admin or a consultant, even if you claim to be one.

Also, whether or not there has been any harassment, like Blacktide said; nothing derogatory was said as far as I can see and your claims as such that they're trying to undermine you or have an excuse for losing due to admin bias is an overreaction and seems like wild speculation, especially in regards to the latter.

Aeronwen said:

Whatever pronoun you could have used is irrelevant, the point was with regards to your official position. There's a clear distinction between helping with work and being an active administrator, thus far we've been left in the dark as to what your function is. The question is what you can do, not what you can try to do.

Your final paragraph is a spurious claim and is not in line with the sentiment of any of my clanmate's posts in this tournament. More strikingly, seeing as you are not an admin, how could you demonstrate admin bias?

Could an admin please clarify the full extent of Aeronwen's involvement in the tournament? I'd take this to a suggestions or questions thread but no such thing has been created.

As stated she's helped out with a few things such as streamers, servers and been our main contact with the sponsors. She's not an admin and doesn't any say over decisions, that's left to myself, Dyktator, Harman and Tardet.

Regarding her earlier comment, I believe that was somewhat lost in translation. We in this instance simply means the community etc.

It's true that this hasn't been made clear so apologies for that.

BlackTide said:
trot888 said:

The image I saw was completely different. Thanks for the clarification. ^.^

Killfacer said:
As stated she's helped out with a few things such as streamers, servers and been our main contact with the sponsors. She's not an admin and doesn't any say over decisions, that's left to myself, Dyktator, Harman and Tardet.

Regarding her earlier comment, I believe that was somewhat lost in translation. We in this instance simply means the community etc.

It's true that this hasn't been made clear so apologies for that.

Thanks for the clarity, Deacon.

IW - Calradia

IW reset the server after 3 rounds, thinking it was 3 rounds a set and not first to 3. The issue was later solved by Dyktator, and they had to restart said set on 2-1.
Set 1 after restart:
f53237b373.jpg
Set 2:
e614b4e820.jpg

Don't have last 2

IDs:
19477426a5.jpg

I suggest both teams read the rules again, especially the part regarding behaviour.
(1) Players should respect both the letter and the spirit of the rules. The responsibility for ensuring that this happens lies not with one individual - it involves captains, players and referees. It is through discipline, control and mutual respect that the Spirit of the Game flourishes and these are the qualities which forge the fellowship and sense of fair play essential to the Game’s ongoing success and survival.
(2) In order to maintain a serious and professional environment players must be respectful and polite towards their opponents on the WNL Subboard and the WNL Servers. If a player shows a poor attitude and displays rudeness or immaturety he or she will be punished by the tournament administration. The range of punishments reaches from a warning to a ban from of the tournament, depending on the weight of the crime.

Match was played on WNL_Germany_2.

Surkan said:
IW - Calradia

IW reset the server after 3 rounds, thinking it was 3 rounds a set and not first to 3. The issue was later solved by Dyktator, and they had to restart said set on 2-1.
Set 1 after restart:
f53237b373.jpg
Set 2:
e614b4e820.jpg

Don't have last 2

IDs:
19477426a5.jpg

I suggest both teams read the rules again, especially the part regarding behaviour.
(1) Players should respect both the letter and the spirit of the rules. The responsibility for ensuring that this happens lies not with one individual - it involves captains, players and referees. It is through discipline, control and mutual respect that the Spirit of the Game flourishes and these are the qualities which forge the fellowship and sense of fair play essential to the Game’s ongoing success and survival.
(2) In order to maintain a serious and professional environment players must be respectful and polite towards their opponents on the WNL Subboard and the WNL Servers. If a player shows a poor attitude and displays rudeness or immaturety he or she will be punished by the tournament administration. The range of punishments reaches from a warning to a ban from of the tournament, depending on the weight of the crime.

Match was played on WNL_Germany_2.

I admit some of our men were quite disrespectful, it was partly was because we had been waiting to play for while and and got annoyed when it happened.
I got them to stop and this behaviour wont happen again :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom