[WNL3] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just introduced a rule dealing with intercontinental matches. We won't set a standard server for European only matches tho. In case you have problems finding a server, contact a referee.

Captain Lust said:
Even if it did take them literally seconds, there's no guarantee it will do here. It's been a problem before. What's your argument against having a default server? In any case, I think there might as well be a rule about it, since there aren't many situations to define. It will basically be defined by precedents set in the first few weeks anwyay.

Plus I think if you have a rule then it stops teams being victims of their own "good nature"...

Not with SCA vs UA :razz:

EDIT: Scar don't edit my post you ****er <3

My understanding is that Scar will be releasing all the fixtures for Division A and B this evening, alongside the randomised week 1 fixtures for Division C.

Hey, I've read the rules closely and thought about some in game situations, thus I've found some open points which I'd like to have clarified.

1. When does a team count as "ready"?
As example: Team A is at the agreed time on the agreed server and has more than 8 player ready. Team B however joins after 10 minutes with 5 players. According to the rules, Team A doesn't have to wait more than 15 minutes. So if Team A is not willing to wait longer, Team B either has to play or forfeit. If we assume that Team B wants to play anyways, they can start with 5 guys? And how about 4, 3, 2, 1 player, in an extreme case?^^
After 2 Sets with 6 or less they would have lost anyways, but does Team A even have to play 8 rounds if there are like 3 enemies only?

2. Substitutions are not allowed during 1 Set, unless there is 1 disconnect. (btw, 1 exchange is allowed then, but 1 per match or 1 per set? And if the disconnected guy comes back, after they substituted him, I assume he's not allowed to switch in again in this set?)
What about a team starting with less than 8 players? They are allowed to let guys in until they have 8 or not?
If yes, I can think of another situation: What if Team B played the first 3 rounds with 5 and 6 players, then during the last round, another guy joins in, but he didn't spawn at all, just joined his team. I guess then they will lose 1 point according to the rules, is that right? Coz they had 7 players in the end, but played the whole set with 6 or less.

3. I'd like to expand my example:
Team B is really bad. Both teams said they're ready (Team B with 5 guys) and after re & live, 1 guy of Team B forgot to spawn and they wish another respawn. This time however, they got their classes wrong and wish a respawn again. And in the third, they have the wrong drops. After this, Team A is not willing to do more restarts.
Can't find a rule about that. So if a team said they are ready and after "re & live", do they have to play even if they are suddenly not ready anymore? If the other Team is willing to, they can just restart once more, but what if the other team doesn't want to or if it happens multiple times?

4. The rules say, after a disconnect, they can substitute in the next round. So if a player crashes at the beginning of the round, they are not allowed to substitute him right away? Guess that makes sense, coz they could loot extra equipment from the 1 guy.

Well, thanks for your time :smile:

Dreaon said:
1. When does a team count as "ready"?
As example: Team A is at the agreed time on the agreed server and has more than 8 player ready. Team B however joins after 10 minutes with 5 players. According to the rules, Team A doesn't have to wait more than 15 minutes.
A team is considered to be ready after they wrote "re & go" or "re & live" or anything comparable to that. A team can force their opponent to play 15 minutes after the scheduled start.

Dreaon said:
So if Team A is not willing to wait longer, Team B either has to play or forfeit. If we assume that Team B wants to play anyways, they can start with 5 guys? And how about 4, 3, 2, 1 player, in an extreme case?^^
After 2 Sets with 6 or less they would have lost anyways, but does Team A even have to play 8 rounds if there are like 3 enemies only?

They can start with 5 (4, 3, 2, 1) players, but if they play with less than 7 players for two sets, they must forfeit the match as you said. We believe that Team A has enough of an advantage anyway, so yeah, they have to play on. Everything else wouldn't make sense either since you can't tell if your opponent will actually manage to get more players within the next rounds.

Dreaon said:
2. Substitutions are not allowed during 1 Set, unless there is 1 disconnect. (btw, 1 exchange is allowed then, but 1 per match or 1 per set? And if the disconnected guy comes back, after they substituted him, I assume he's not allowed to switch in again in this set?)

One per set, and the player that disconnected is indeed not allowed to switch back in.

Dreaon said:
What about a team starting with less than 8 players? They are allowed to let guys in until they have 8 or not?
If yes, I can think of another situation: What if Team B played the first 3 rounds with 5 and 6 players, then during the last round, another guy joins in, but he didn't spawn at all, just joined his team. I guess then they will lose 1 point according to the rules, is that right? Coz they had 7 players in the end, but played the whole set with 6 or less.

If a team starts with less than 8 players, they are of course allowed to let players in until they have 8 players. The substitution rules only apply when a player actually substitutes another player. Regarding the scenario you described, yeah this team will get deducted one point, since the 7th players didn't play at all.

Dreaon said:
3. I'd like to expand my example:
Team B is really bad. Both teams said they're ready (Team B with 5 guys) and after re & live, 1 guy of Team B forgot to spawn and they wish another respawn. This time however, they got their classes wrong and wish a respawn again. And in the third, they have the wrong drops. After this, Team A is not willing to do more restarts.
Can't find a rule about that. So if a team said they are ready and after "re & live", do they have to play even if they are suddenly not ready anymore? If the other Team is willing to, they can just restart once more, but what if the other team doesn't want to or if it happens multiple times?

Generally if a team writes "re and go" and then ****s up in some way, eg. one player not spawning, they have to play on unless the other team is willing to give them another restart. If they write "re and go" and "Oh sorry not ready anymore" before the map actually got restarted, they don't have to play on, if they write it after the map got restarted, it again down to their opponent.

Dreaon said:
4. The rules say, after a disconnect, they can substitute in the next round. So if a player crashes at the beginning of the round, they are not allowed to substitute him right away? Guess that makes sense, coz they could loot extra equipment from the 1 guy.

Yeah, exactly.

~Scar said:
Dreaon said:

One per set, and the player that disconnected is indeed not allowed to switch back in.

But that's only the case, if the team substitutes him by someone else. If they just go on with 7 Players until the disconnected guy comes back, he can take his place back, isn't it?

~Scar said:
Dreaon said:

Yeah, exactly.

However, the team is allowed to kindly ask the opponents for a restart, so they can start 8 vs 8 instead of 7 vs 8? I mean I am pretty sure that in the described situation every team that values fair play would grant a restart. It's only a matter of discussion, when the round has already turned in someone's favor. Then there should be no restart of course.

EDIT: I made a little mistake, sorry. My remark only counts if this dropout happens in the beginning of the very first round of a set. If we're speaking of the beginning of the 4th round of a set, one team being 3 - 0 in the lead (e.g. as Swadia), it would be a disadvantage to restart.

If it happens at the beginning of the 1. round of a set, we can restart, sure. But hardly at the beginning of the 3. for example.

Anyways, thanks a lot for the answers Scar, it will help me to act better as Referee :wink:
However, if a team plays one Set with 6 players and loses in the end, they will actually get -1 point that week? So giving up right away could save them one point.

Neathar said:
But that's only the case, if the team substitutes him by someone else. If they just go on with 7 Players until the disconnected guy comes back, he can take his place back, isn't it?

Of course.

Neathar said:
However, the team is allowed to kindly ask the opponents for a restart, so they can start 8 vs 8 instead of 7 vs 8? I mean I am pretty sure that in the described situation every team that values fair play would grant a restart. It's only a matter of discussion, when the round has already turned in someone's favor. Then there should be no restart of course.

EDIT: I made a little mistake, sorry. My remark only counts if this dropout happens in the beginning of the very first round of a set. If we're speaking of the beginning of the 4th round of a set, one team being 3 - 0 in the lead (e.g. as Swadia), it would be a disadvantage to restart.

Yeah obviously. :razz:

Dreaon said:
If it happens at the beginning of the 1. round of a set, we can restart, sure. But hardly at the beginning of the 3. for example.

Anyways, thanks a lot for the answers Scar, it will help me to act better as Referee :wink:
However, if a team plays one Set with 6 players and loses in the end, they will actually get -1 point that week? So giving up right away could save them one point.

Depends. If they think they can get some more players and then win the match eventually, they would give up two points for free.

Added the Twitter Accounts of the admins and referees. I'll try to tweet about general updates, fixtures and table updates whenever I can to keep you guys informed.

Neathar said:

Such situation happened in PL vs CZ match and there weren't any problems. It was solved without hesitating and IMHO any team, which wouldn't offer a restart is a team of twats ;s

Suggest some clarification on rules regarding spectators joining a team and thus able to see from that team's point of view. Today I told a player to stop doing it, but looking at the rules I can't see anything specifically forbidding it, and nothing regarding punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom