[WNL3] Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, but with adding a new Division the play-off system needs some work as well.

e.g. there should be a way for the winner of Division D to straightly get into Division A/B like it is possible to get to Division A from Division C, in order to avoid situations like the one we had when AE played in Division C of the ENL.

+Varsung+ said:
Well, but with adding a new Division the play-off system needs some work as well.

e.g. there should be a way for the winner of Division D to straightly get into Division A/B like it is possible to get to Division A from Division C, in order to avoid situations like the one we had when AE played in Division C of the ENL.

Winner of D should have a playoff against the second of c, the winner starts in b (or a playoff against the seventh of b?)

But yeah I like the idea of a fourth league. Maybe we need one or two more admins than? (Probably decided by an election - 1 vote per clan that is participating in the league)

Erminas said:
Seeing how we already have 35 signed teams(and at least 2-3 clans that will join),maybe another division should be added.

So far Division A will have 6 teams,Div. B 8 teams and Div C 21+ teams.

If another division is added(division D),then you can leave division C with 8-10 teams.
Division D would then have around dozen teams.
Drops, drops, drops...

CarpeDiem said:
Personally I liked the old table system. Don't you guys think there are too many teams to create divisions?

True. Maybe lets try 3 divisions, all with table system? : D For me it would be great, in like football leagues, where two best teams get promotion, and 2 with lowest amount of points - drops to the lower leagues. However, this is just my humble opinion, the presentation of how I would want to see it xD

NeToMaN said:
CarpeDiem said:
Personally I liked the old table system. Don't you guys think there are too many teams to create divisions?

True. Maybe lets try 3 divisions, all with table system? : D For me it would be great, in like football leagues, where two best teams get promotion, and 2 with lowest amount of points - drops to the lower leagues. However, this is just my humble opinion, the presentation of how I would want to see it xD
+1, something like that would be awesome.

NeToMaN said:
CarpeDiem said:

Ehm, this is how it works at the moment... Isn't it?

~Scar said:
But since the WNL is a ladder, and rounds won as well as round difference sort the tables and might eventually decide which team gets to play in the Knockout Tournament or the Playoffs, I don't think we should this for the regular tournament.
A system with an artithmetic mean wouldn't make any difference in that regard, the only difference would be that rounds won & round difference would be represented by one number instead of two. It would still be impossible for two teams to have the same mean without having the same numbers of rounds won and the same round difference. But I understand that people may not like such a system for a league (and that there may be some other difficulties introduced by it).
Erminas said:
Seeing how we already have 35 signed teams(and at least 2-3 clans that will join),maybe another division should be added.

So far Division A will have 6 teams,Div. B 8 teams and Div C 21+ teams.

If another division is added(division D),then you can leave division C with 8-10 teams.
Division D would then have around dozen teams.
8-10 teams seem a bit few for the Swiss system (although right now it seems to be a mix of the Swiss and the Danish system). I read that as a rule of thumb the Swiss system needs as many rounds as a K.O.-tournament with the same amount of participants would need, so up to 128 teams shouldn't be a problem (with the 7 weeks Div A&B last).

Regarding the rule that "Two teams may not face each other on consecutive fixture weeks" I would suggest giving it up for (at least) the last week of the division - could create more hype that way.

Personally I'd still prefer a ladder but we'll see if that works out better than the last try with continous groups, relegations and stuff. After all there are t-shirts. Nice work and good luck.

ModusTollens said:
A system with an artithmetic mean wouldn't make any difference in that regard, the only difference would be that rounds won & round difference would be represented by one number instead of two. It would still be impossible for two teams to have the same mean without having the same numbers of rounds won and the same round difference. But I understand that people may not like such a system for a league (and that there may be some other difficulties introduced by it).

Yeah true. Well, about the arithmetic mean, I don't know. To be completely honest, I generally expect teams to keep playing even though the match is decided already, just because they enjoy playing the game I suppose.

ModusTollens said:
8-10 teams seem a bit few for the Swiss system (although right now it seems to be a mix of the Swiss and the Danish system). I read that as a rule of thumb the Swiss system needs as many rounds as a K.O.-tournament with the same amount of participants would need, so up to 128 teams shouldn't be a problem (with the 7 weeks Div A&B last).

Regarding the rule that "Two teams may not face each other on consecutive fixture weeks" I would suggest giving it up for (at least) the last week of the division - could create more hype that way.

Yeah I agree. Besides how the Swiss System handles drop outs, the point you are making is the reason why we went for this format for Division C. Will discuss your suggestion regarding the matchmaking with the other admins. :smile:

+Varsung+ said:

How will it avoid that situation. ENL had exactly that system but it doesn't stop a team like AE from having to play one season in Division C. The only way to avoid that is to let new teams enter the promotion playoffs which seems wholly unfair.

Honestly I think I'd prefer to see the ladder system back or maybe something like GSL Code S/A where you have like a top and lower tournament with the top teams from the lower tournament facing off against the lower teams from the upper tournament for places. The lower teams from the lower tournament then also face off against new challengers for the place in the lower tournament.

It makes it pretty fast to transfer players up and everything gets done faster anyway since it's a tournament.

But really a big ladder fixes all these problems and the major problem which faced ENL (which was drops).

Sry for my english. did my best

Some thoughts about rules.

Bias rules, has no clear punishment:
-Should a player not be on a roster and play for a team, then then the player will be treated as a member of that team and will be added to their roster. If that player was already on another team's roster then the team and the player will face punishment, though that punishment is down to the discretion of the admins.

-Players must be respectful and polite to their opponents on both server and WNL board. If teams repeatedly show a poor attitude and display rudeness they will be punished by the tournament admins on case-by-case basis.

-Modifying any texture files in order to gain an advantage is strictly prohibited. Any player or team that is found to have modified textures in order to gain an advantage will immediately face severe punishment, likely a ban from the tournament, though the severity is up to the admins' discretion.

-Should admins receive repeated complains about a team wasting time, the team will be investigated and could face punishment. This includes waiting for lengthy times between sets and map swaps, being extremely difficult to schedule with and other problems.

Rules that have no punishment:
- Teams may only play 2 or less players that are not currently on their roster in a match.

-Substitutions are only allowed between each set, though team are not obligated to wait more than 10 minutes between maps and 5 minutes between sets. If a player crashes on game, substitutions can be done after the round has ended though this is limited to one substitution.
What is the punishment for making subs during sets?
Also if player crashes and rejoins next round should he be back in squad or it's not obligatory?

-Teams may field up to 8 players.
If team spawns with 9 players in the beginning of a round and 9th go to spec immediatly?

Not 100% clear and full rules:
- Players may only switch team once during the tournament and they may only do this until Week 3 (Division A) or respectively Week 5 (Division B and C) . After Week 3 or respectively Week 5 teams may only add players to their roster who have not played in the tournament. This rule also applies for the Knockout-Matches and Playoffs.

If a team drops out what is the status of it's former members? Are they allowed to join any team as a "teamless players" after deadline. What happens if a former player of dropped-out team plays for another team without being added to roster prior to playing match?

- In order to deal with the huge amount of teams and to make it easier for streamers to cover more matches, all divisions will have different deadlines. This means that the deadlines for Division A matches lasts from Monday to Sunday, for Division B matches from Tuesday to Monday and for Division C matches from Tuesday to Wednesday.

Division C play week is 8 days? or 2 days - only Tuesday and Wednesday?
Not sure if it works: everyone will play mostly on saturday-sunday.

-This means that teams will be matched with opponents with the most similar record. This will be done first by matches won and then by round difference
-Teams are sorted in their divisions firstly by total points, secondly by rounds won and thirdly by round difference.

Also it's not clear how does Swiss system work? Who, how and when will decided foxtures for upcoming week. If play week is 8 days and starts on tuesday and ends on wednesday then it means that team can play week 2 fixture on tuesday and week 1 fixture the day after.
If play week is 2 days then div C will have massive drop outs during first weeks.

Nothing is said about specs
How many specs are allowed? Who are allowed to spec? Is it possible for specs to follow their team mates by joining the team and going back to specs without spawning? What is the punishment for those who join-to-spec opposite side?

Nothing is said about WNL2 plague - drop outs
What happens when team drops out from any division? (esp. B and C)
Can they be replaced by lower league teams? Which one exactly?

Not clear what happens if teams fail to play their match untill deadline.
For example Team A didn't come to match, Team B failed to contact an admin within 2 hours. Deadline is today.
Should admins post proving screenshots before giving any team a default win?

During ENPL we had one big drama because of referee failure (he didn't set FF correctly).
It needs to be clarified: what happens if referee fails to set up server correctly.

Also nothing is said about referee rights.
What can they do? Make screenshots and let admins make a decisions or they can make some decisions?
I mean for example, team B doesn't show up for 15 minutes, can referee give team A default win (posting it on forum) or this is only admin decision?
Or if players are repetedly rude towards opposite team or delay match, can referee punish them according to rules (match or round-set default win)? etc

One thing (imo) needs to be stated clearly:
When does the round set starts?
I think it would be good if caps write in chat: "TEAM" is ready. As a code phrase.
Once both teams are ready (or break time is over) referee (or server admin) restarts the server after writing in chat: "restart and life".
Once it's done no restarts are allowed without both teams accept it (clearly in chat).

Zaharist said:
How many specs are allowed? Who are allowed to spec? Is it possible for specs to follow their team mates by joining the team and going back to specs without spawning? What is the punishment for those who join-to-spec opposite side?

In my opinion matches should be played without specs (not counting referees, tournament admins, streamers). If both teams agree specs could be allowed to join and watch from teammembers view.

I honestly don't trust any of the AE's as admin. It would be a much better tournament if IG and captain lust hosted it, with the leader of some german clan hosting the servers. If this doesn't happen CoR will leave the tournament.

RobinWar said:
What is the problem with ae? Many people are saying the same now :/ tbh it would not be any different i guess
They've shown a certain racism towards Russians and Americans countless times now, how could you miss that?

Arch3r said:
I honestly don't trust any of the AE's as admin. It would be a much better tournament if IG and captain lust hosted it, with the leader of some german clan hosting the servers. If this doesn't happen CoR will leave the tournament.

can't tell if messing around or stupid

Andrej1 said:
Zaharist said:

In my opinion matches should be played without specs (not counting referees, tournament admins, streamers). If both teams agree specs could be allowed to join and watch from teammembers view.

It's very handy to have players that can jump in if somebody crashes. However it's too easy for spectators to cheat by surpassing the camera restrictions. Perhaps kick any spectator that joins after "live on restart"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom