Witcher netflix series

Users who are viewing this thread

Wulfburk said:
I doubt Mads mikkelsen will play Geralt. They are gonna go for the young geralt, and when it was confirmed to be a movie, Tomasz baginski said the plan was for The Witcher and The Lesser evil short stories, and those happen before Geralt has even met Yennefer.
A younger witcher could still be >50 though. Mads would be a sick actor for Witcher, I ****ing love him.

How old is Viggo Mortensen?

I Googled. He's 58. A tad old, I'd say, but he seems like he's still pretty athletic. Still, I reckon Milker's right and he wouldn't be able to pull off the super fluent action scenes inherent in being a Witcher. Sad.

People are talking about this guy. Never seen him in anything. He looks vaguely too American to me, but overall a viable choice. (he's 44)
cdd095ffae9ca3f36bb58b207824f1fa.jpg

Oh, hey, it's Cullen Bohannon. Anson Mount, I think was his name. He's in Hell on Wheels, and he's actually really good. The character he plays is deep voiced, exceedingly practical, haunted, and driven, with a strong but veiled sense of morality. Sounds familiar. You should watch Hell on Wheels, by the way.

Its been a while since I heard Geralt, but wasn't his voice kind of raspy rather than deep? I suppose it was deep as well, but the raspiness was what I thought made the voice what it was.

You should feel lucky that it's done at all. If it was a German production (German VO as well of course) it's just perfect radio High German and done.
No accents, nothing to differentiate cultures or regions, nothing.

ColonicAcid said:
Liathbeanna said:
I hope the actors will be European, American accent in this setting would bug me quite a lot.
People already have an accent for Geralt down though.

It's the video game voice actor. Who uses an American accent.
I didn't like Geralt's voice, to be honest. I found it overly rough.

Back
Top Bottom