[WIS] Questions & Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

As I said in the Chowski thread, I'm not a big MP'er, but thought I'd throw my two cents in anyway. If I don't make sense, ignore me.

Glitches are typically discovered by accident, and while they can be spread and taught, who's to know if a player just discovered a glitch or if they've known about it the whole time (especially if it's a glitch that needs a very specific situation like this one)? An argument could be made about how often the glitch is used, but if I discover a glitch that's useful I'm going to try and do it again, even if it's in the same round.

Imo,the way around this is actually to specify which glitches are not allowed. If I know that teleporting to another horse is against the rules, I won't try it, whereas if I accidentally do it once and I have never heard about someone doing it/that it's against the rules, I have no way of knowing that it's "cheating" (obviously not on the same level as actually cheating with third party resources).

In the end, I guess there are three options;

1) allow all glitches, no matter what, go for equal play.
2) ban all glitches, no matter what, for equal play.
3) explain and specify which glitches are not allowed, so everyone is aware of what thy can and cannot do. You don't need to explain how to do the glitch, just so what it is so people don't attempt it.

Anyway, that's a mostly SP'ers two cents on this discussion.

Unrelated, I'd be interested in getting more involved in MP, if anyone is interested in helping me with the meta etc.  :iamamoron:

We removed Normanguy's warning as we agreed the initial intention wasn't so much to punish said player for the use of this specific exploit but rather to prevent it from spreading further in the competitive scene. We will still forbid that glitch to be used moving forward in the tournament.

To reflect that decision, but also prevent future cases of glitch exploits, the rules will be edited accordingly and an announcement will be posted so that players and captains who would happen to miss the following discussion still get to know about it.

Thanks to Watly and others for reaching to us in order to solve that issue and allow us to provide a fair decision on the current matter.

Back
Top Bottom