Winning the war,still have to pay tribute....

Users who are viewing this thread

Theofilos

Knight
Does any1 have any idea why one kingdom although winning the wars still has to pay tribute? How is this calculated? What i have to do more so this kingdom survives (Battania)?

I helped them win battles take castles and one city (Epicrotea),give them money and they still pay tribute to everyone which will lead to them not being able to have 40% paties and able to armies if i leave in a very short time.

IcvOmFU.png

7f3Fpig.png

FusIaHG.png

9sj2Zr3.png

6s2IE9T.png

Here you are:
Most important factor while determining desire of war score is (total clan war party count * X (X slowly changes according to fiefs kingdom has) + strength) / (total value of your fiefs) ratio.
Most important thing in tribute amounts are how many fief faction got per (strength + number of clans * x) For example X faction has 20 fiefs 10 clans, they have 2 fief per clan, Y faction has 5 fiefs 5 clans, they have 1 fief per clan. So Y wants money for making peace with X because they think that if they continue war they can make things better. Because they think that their fief per clan ratio should be higher / they deserve more than their current lands compared to potential power they have. Problem is we are only showing strength in wars / peaces tab we also need to show how many clans factions have which is a one major effect. Of course system is more complex but this is main formula.

Ty bro so i was right that Battania is coded to die,pretty stupid way of calculating the tribute paying imo

Yes, they're not in a bright spot on terms of survival especially since last a couple of patches. I've rolled over them with ease on my last playthrough despite they were still fairly in tact in terms of territory (lost 2 castles only) but they couldn't even form armies to defend themselves. They just kept roaming around as parties of 30-40 men. Them and Khuzaits are two kingdoms that disolve relatively quickly once hit hard by the player. Their clans also switch sides the fastest once they're fiefless that I suppose is a sign of their financial struggle as a faction.

@Theofilos those screens are actually confusing. What you see is only one side of the coin, the side where you are admitting defeat and want peace. The enemy AI kingdom see's a totally different number, one where they are admitting defeat. So don't be confused by thinking what you see is the state of the war for both sides, it is just what you have to pay if your side admits defeat. So even if it looks like you have to pay tribute you could actually get a peace request from the enemy where they are paying you.

If they are willing to pay you for you to admit defeat and offer peace that means you have to be really beating them badly or they are at war with multiple factions.

The current set up is very confusing because it only tells you one side of the story but many players think it is the whole story.

In short, their power is still high compared to their fief amount, where yours although similar is spread over more fiefs. So even though you are winning they feel more secure then your faction and want to pursue war more.

Honestly if you WANT peace, suing for a small daily payment (you to enemy) is probably best, if you make them pay a large amount to you they will be very likely to soon attack you again just to get out of it. Likewise if you pay them a large amount you vassals will keep voting to declare war. So beat the **** out of them until it's a nominal amount.

Its not that i want peace no.The problem is that Battania always pays huge ammount of tributes winning or losing the wars doesnt matter crippling them down in just a few years economicly and being defenceless with every party of 30-50 men.

I shouldnt be in such situation to rush my playthrought from day 1,also i use mods so the armour works and dont cheese with horse archers.

I believe at this point they could be just another minor faction lol its that bad...
anyways ty all for your answers i think i'll leave the game 'till it finishes this alpha state and goes into Beta soon i believe.

I shouldnt be in such situation to rush my playthrought from day 1
I don't know how it can take you a long time get clan rank 1, you must purposefully not do any quests, not fight any bandits and not do any tournament, what do you do?
I believe at this point they could be just another minor faction lol its that bad...
Yeah they don't exist in warband ?
You game looks okay though, they at 4k power, it can get so much worse!
8GJmh.png

Agreed. Battania is pretty weak compared to all other kingdoms mainly, because of tributes. They are handling themself fine at the start of the game, but as soon as I join them. They always seem to have lost some war (before I reach 50 renown) and are paying about 3-5k gold to one of the Empires => weaker noble aprties => another peace treaty => even weaker armies = > losing fiefs = > more tributes = > faction ceases to exist.

Back
Top Bottom