Windows 10 launch issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello, M&B Community and Developpers,
I have a problem with running Warband on my PC. I have Windows 10 operation system, all newest drivers for my videocard, Direct SDK, MC C++ etc.
Also I tried to run it in compability mode with Win XP, Vista, 7, 8... And yes, I tried to run it as administrator...

BUT THERE IS ONLY ONE RESULT: NOTHING HAPPENS! No launcher window, nothing... :cry: :cry:
Help me pls, I have new computer, where I cannot install WIN 7 to play, I need help on my WIN 10.
Thank you

Hello!

We are aware that some users are experiencing an issue when trying to launch the game. While there are some workarounds that have worked for other users that have experienced this issue, there isn't a definitive solution to this. You can find these workarounds below:

-Unsubscribing from Steam Workshop Modifications:
Unsubscribing from any mods you have installed through the Steam Workshop and deleting them from the Workshop mod installation folder can solve the issue. The Workshop mod installation folder can be found in:
Steam > steamapps > workshop > content > 48700

-Removing Third Party Applications:
Some of the third-party applications might be blocking the game from launching, in particular, security software. You should add the game .exe to the white list of any security software you are using, and close any unnecessary programs before trying to launch the game.

-Clean Install:
The clean install is removing every single game related file from your computer and installing the game again. If any of the game files changed somehow they could possibly be preventing the game from launching. To do that:
Uninstall the game. You can do that by right clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content.
Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
My Documents > Mount&Blade Warband & Mount&Blade Warband Savegames folders.
If you have used Steam Workshop to install modifications, Steam > steamapps > workshop > content > 48700 folder.
If you have manually installed modifications, Modules folder inside game install directory.
AppData folder C:\Users\your-username\AppData\Roaming\Mount&Blade Warband
Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the AppData folder and its contents.
At this stage, everything related to the game on your computer is deleted. Now you can re-install the game and try launching the game again.

Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce this issue in the office so we aren't entirely sure what is causing it. We will keep trying to work on a solution, however, for now, we can't make any promises.

Thanks for your understanding.

This bug was common on Steam and most of the time reinstalling modifications from workshop solved the issue for some people. It's odd to see that also happening on GOG. It might be an OS related issue. It is not easy to solve a bug that you can't reproduce. One guaranteed solution that we know worked before is formatting. But that's up to you.

Can also add that this just happened to me a couple of days ago, when it's been working fine for years. I had the CD version when this happened. My smartass uninstalled the game to reinstall it but completely forgot I didnt have the cd or serial anymore...

sidiust said:
I am having the same issue. Launcher won't launch. I've tried Steam, as well as the Taleworlds website version. I'm running Windows 10 v1803.

After a whole day of twiddling, I finally got this to work.

You need to manually create a rgl_config.txt file in your "[User]/AppData/Roaming/Mount&Blade Warband/" folder.

Here are the settings I used to finally get the launcher and the game running:
first_time = 0

texture_detail = 70

render_buffer_size = 15

max_framerate = 60

start_windowed = 1

use_pixel_shaders = 0

use_vertex_shaders = 1

fake_reflections = 1

show_framerate = 0

use_ondemand_textures_ = 1

use_ondemand_textures_mt = 1

disable_music = 0

disable_sound = 0

disable_frequency_variation = 0

cheat_mode = 0

enable_blood = 1

enable_edit_mode = 0

force_single_threading = 0

debug_mode = 0

display_width = 1600

display_height = 900

display_bits = 32

antialiasing = 0

sample_quality = 0

alpha2coverage = 0

force_vsync = 0

shadowmap_quality = 1

shader_quality = 1

postfx_dof = 0

postfx_hdr = 1

postfx_autoexp = 0

flora_degrade_distance = 75.0000

flora_lod_detail = 0

use_instancing = 1

use_secure_connection = 0

max_number_of_connections = 16

look_for_server_on_this_machine = 0

music_volume = 0.4902

sound_volume = 0.9265

mouse_sensitivity = 0.3529

invert_mouse = 0

enable_lighting = 1

enable_particles = 1

enable_blood = 1

enable_character_shadows = 1

enable_accurate_shadows = 1

number_of_corpses = 0

grass_density = 10

combat_speed = 0

friend_combat_difficulty = 0

adapter_format = 0

reduce_combat_ai = 1

reduce_campaign_ai = 1

combat_difficulty = 0

display_labels = 1

display_targeting_reticule = 1

display_attack_direction = 1

turn_camera_with_horse_in_first_person = 2

verbose_damage = 1

verbose_shot_difficulty = 1

battle_size = 1.0000

attack_direction_control = 2

defend_direction_control = 0

lance_control = 0

anisotropic_filtering = 0

enable_environment_shadows = 1

verbose_casualties = 1

verbose_experience = 1

realistic_shadows_on_plants = 0

number_of_ragdolls = 0

gamma = 2.0009

character_detail = 1.0000

character_shadow_detail = 0.4884

control_mouse_movement_y_scale = 1.5000

blood_stains = 0

use_winmm_audio = 0

enable_version_check = 1

enable_aspect_ratio_control = 1

realistic_headshots = 0

auto_gfx_quality = 0

enable_gamepad_vibration = 1

Just copy and paste that into the rgl_config.txt and save. Then run the launcher.

Note: This is AFTER I did all of the other things, including installing DX 9, uninstalling/reinstalling the game etc etc

Hope this helps someone.

Back
Top Bottom