Version number
e1.5.3
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

IvorJ

Recruit
I know this is a varied issue that has affected some people but I couldn't find a successful resolution to it, and it doesn't seem worth continuing playing until it is solved (I already had to make a fresh start on a previous campaign that I put a lot of time into until I found this problem).

My male character married Elys of Vlandia, of age 25 at the time I think. She joined my party and we went about the usual campaigning stuff, recruiting, killing looters etc. She didn't get pregnant after about a year, so I used the command line campaign.conceive_child to force it. After 3 seasons, the point at which she is expected to give birth, she just isn't anymore, and there is no child. History of her being pregnant is removed from her encyclopedia entry. I've tried it twice, same result, this also happened on my previous campaign.

It really doesn't seem worth continuing until this issue is resolved, I don't want to have to struggle to produce heirs and just run out the lifetimes of my character and his two brothers and sister if they don't die in battle first.

The only mod I have active is 'No Dragon Banner Timeout' v1.0.3.245057.

Did you start your campaign before or after e1.5.3 and e1.5.4 came out? This issue is fixed, if your campaign is older, please check if the issue continues by creating a new campaign and marrying the same person. If your campaign is new, try taking over a new settlement and waiting there with your spouse.

Did you start your campaign before or after e1.5.3 and e1.5.4 came out? This issue is fixed, if your campaign is older, please check if the issue continues by creating a new campaign and marrying the same person. If your campaign is new, try taking over a new settlement and waiting there with your spouse.
Hey so are you saying that its now required to own a settlement for pregnancy's to happen?

I've been testing out trying to get my wife pregnant early game in 1.5.4, so clan tier 2, without being a mercenary or vassal of any kingdom and with no settlement of my own. She is only 20 years old and my char is only 25 years old, so should be no fertility issues. I have been unable to get her pregnant after several months trying multiple things.
  • Sitting in a town with her in my party for a season results in nothing,
  • sitting in a town with her staying in the tavern for a season results in nothing.
  • I know that in a previous playthrough I had gotten my wife pregnant waiting for nightfall to attack a bandit hideout, but we were in an army and she led another party. So I tried waiting at a bandit hideout for a season with her in my party instead as I can't form armies and she did not become pregnant.

I hope its not intentional and a bug. As gating pregnancy behind owning a settlement and being in armies is silly. A lot of players would like to have children ASAP so they are adults as soon as possible. A couple nights in ANY tavern should be enough for young couples with no children.

Let me know if you'd like a save to send to them.

If you have a campaign before the 1.5.3 main update, it's probably the reason. My first main game is a couple months old and I don't even have 1 child despite being married at least 5 years and always having them with me half that time. I married Sora of the Northern Empire and nothing happens...think I started at 1.5.1. However I have a newer game recently and literally have 4 children within the 4 years we've been married.

Also I should mention, in the newer game where it works, I've never even been a lord yet. I'm purely working as a raiding mercenary until I reach clan lvl 6 to constantly harass the ever-growing Vlandia and Khusait

Hey so are you saying that its now required to own a settlement for pregnancy's to happen?

I've been testing out trying to get my wife pregnant early game in 1.5.4, so clan tier 2, without being a mercenary or vassal of any kingdom and with no settlement of my own. She is only 20 years old and my char is only 25 years old, so should be no fertility issues. I have been unable to get her pregnant after several months trying multiple things.
  • Sitting in a town with her in my party for a season results in nothing,
  • sitting in a town with her staying in the tavern for a season results in nothing.
  • I know that in a previous playthrough I had gotten my wife pregnant waiting for nightfall to attack a bandit hideout, but we were in an army and she led another party. So I tried waiting at a bandit hideout for a season with her in my party instead as I can't form armies and she did not become pregnant.

I hope its not intentional and a bug. As gating pregnancy behind owning a settlement and being in armies is silly. A lot of players would like to have children ASAP so they are adults as soon as possible. A couple nights in ANY tavern should be enough for young couples with no children.

Let me know if you'd like a save to send to them.
I did not say that it is required to own a settlement. I said that if you started your campaign on our current build and still have this issue (because this issue is fixed), try waiting at your own settlement. You haven't mentioned when you started your campaign, was it before or after e1.5.3 and e1.5.4 came out?

I did not say that it is required to own a settlement. I said that if you started your campaign on our current build and still have this issue (because this issue is fixed), try waiting at your own settlement. You haven't mentioned when you started your campaign, was it before or after e1.5.3 and e1.5.4 came out?
Cool just making sure. Fresh start.

This may sound weird but have you tried to share your wife with your brother? hahaha when i married in 1.5.4 i got this (img below) offer by her father so i remember in this campaign i had my brother at my party when i slept over settlements and wifey got pregnant as in another campaign i have my brother running his own party all the time and i seem to not be able to get her pregnant but i didnt want to make him disband and check if this is the solution cuz anyway children are disfanctional atm...

[url=https://ibb.co/SyT3xPb][/URL]

@elysebluemoon

no joke I finally got married in 1.5.5 new game and just went to test pregnancy, made a new save called prego test and IMMEDIATELY she got pregnant after waiting in town. ?

safe to say this is fixed in 1.5.5 on new games.

IFcYy.jpg

b8SCJ.jpg

Sorry to keep a Solved thread going but its the most recent and relevant so I didnt want to make an entirely new thread on the issue.

Im currently running 1.5.5 and after an indeterminate amount of time lords stop having children entirely, including my wife. They will still get married but the same problems exist in my game thats been specified here and in other threads like...
  • Wife not giving birth even though pregnant
  • Wife losing the pregnant...tag?, trait?, status? after a while with no child birth
  • Staying in cities I own and dont own for in-game years just to see if its just bad rng
Like I said though in the beginning of these new games everything would be fine but seemingly at random it just stops worldwide. I've tried it with over 4 games now over the course of the week and it's just making the game unplayable knowing it will all just end and ill be unable to continue playing making it all just a waste of time. I dont use any mods and have tried a fresh install with every new game as well.

Sorry to keep a Solved thread going but its the most recent and relevant so I didnt want to make an entirely new thread on the issue.

Im currently running 1.5.5 and after an indeterminate amount of time lords stop having children entirely, including my wife. They will still get married but the same problems exist in my game thats been specified here and in other threads like...
  • Wife losing the pregnant...tag?, trait?, status? after a while with no child birth
  • Staying in cities I own and dont own for in-game years just to see if its just bad rng
Like I said though in the beginning of these new games everything would be fine but seemingly at random it just stops worldwide. I've tried it with over 4 games now over the course of the week and it's just making the game unplayable knowing it will all just end and ill be unable to continue playing making it all just a waste of time. I dont use any mods and have tried a fresh install with every new game as well.
Can you upload your save file to upload.taleworlds.com? Please paste the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can identify it.

Can you upload your save file to upload.taleworlds.com? Please paste the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can identify it.

Of course. While searching on where the save files are located I've gotten 2 different results. One with a "GameSaves" file inside the main directory which isnt there for me, and another saying they are their own individual files inside the steamapp>common>mount and blade 2 bannerlord file but I dont see them there either. When choosing the file to upload for you how specific does it need to be? I don't want to just select the entire game folder for you to trudge through because i did it wrong.

Your save files should be located at "C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves". Your most recent save file should be fine, we just need one where we can observe the bug.

The QA team tested your save file. Your spouse got pregnant on Spring 2, 1087, gave birth on Summer 17, 1087, and got pregnant again on Summer 18, 1087. During this, other lords had children and their notifications appeared as well. If you are using console commands for pregnancy, these commands don't work and pregnancy disappears when the child is due.

Thank you, at least I know it's just a problem on my end now since the save apparently ended up working for you guys. As the save showed it had been 2 years with no children and I'd gone through multiple years of trying to see if it was just bad RNG for my character and the lords of the land. I'll try another fresh install, thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom