Why no singleplayer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey InferiorBeing, don't worry!

The community behind the mod is much much much bigger and active then the community behind Fire and Sword, they hold almost daily 200+ player events, and the main servers have around 100+ people playing at any given day. Almost all of those awesome people are going to transfer over to this new DLC, so multiplayer activity, clans, events and competition will be plenty.

Besides this we do have custom battles available with 9 difirent maps, and for more multiplayer action with only a few players; We have a player commanding bots gamemode where you take your owns squad of bots in action against other players.

This is unlike fire and sword where you command 8 people against thousends of waves of bots, no, you command 20 till 300 bots by yourself against the other player his bots, you can play this effectively with 2 till 20 players. May the best commander win!

The community behind the mod is much much much bigger and active then the community behind Fire and Sword, they hold almost daily 200+ player events, and the main servers have around 100+ people playing at any given day.

That's the free mod, not the full game, though. :neutral:

Almost all of those awesome people are going to transfer over to this new DLC, so multiplayer activity, clans, events and competition will be plenty.

We hope.

Besides this we do have custom battles available with 9 difirent maps...

That's good. Although the "3 field maps, 3 siege offense maps, 3 siege defense maps" -collection of the other games weren't nearly enough to make the mod even remotely interesting. Almost so I wondered why they even bothered including the mode, if they were going to make it that wasteful.

We have a player commanding bots gamemode where you take your owns squad of bots in action against other players.

Yes, I knew about that one. If I ever choose to purchase the game, that will probably the only mode I'll ever find myself playing. (I thought you had more than one of those modes, though?)

This is unlike fire and sword where you command 8 people against thousends of waves of bots, no, you command 20 till 300 bots by yourself against the other player his bots, you can play this effectively with 2 till 20 players.

Again; I'm just really, really hoping you can sustain a decent amount of players. From what I can tell, "With Fire and Sword" couldn't.

And again; how'bout those bots?

Sorry, I missed that one question about bots, Bot AI has been improved loads, they will play conquest gamemodes fully, capture flags, defend them and so on.
The combat AI has been improved a lot aswell, they will switch between gun and bayonet when enemies are close and charge and defend acordingly, and their very responsive to the player's commands.

If you don't believe about the mod community switching over, check here, the clans have already started their topics and regiments for Napoleonic wars, 153 topics worth;
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,283.0.html

Our custom battle maps are all-new, difirent styles aswell, but their battle only, not siege and so on.
We will probably add more maps later in a patch.

Bots are also available in other gamemodes then Commander Battles., they work pretty well and are quite smart with objectives and so on.

Fire and sword couden't get a big player base for a reason; Their gameplay was just broken, Call of duty accurate guns are not to be combined with melee gameplay, you will find the balance in the DLC is much much better.

Cheers.

Sorry, I missed that one question about bots, Bot AI has been improved loads, they will play conquest gamemodes fully, capture flags, defend them and so on.
The combat AI has been improved a lot aswell, they will switch between gun and bayonet when enemies are close and charge and defend acordingly, and their very responsive to the player's commands.

Like I said, I didn't mean the subordinate NPCs for your "Captain"-type gamemode, but "regular" bots to stand in for players in "Team Deathmatch", and the likes.

I think you answered that particular question here:

Bots are also available in other gamemodes then Commander Battles., they work pretty well and are quite smart with objectives and so on.

---

Our custom battle maps are all-new, difirent styles aswell, but their battle only, not siege and so on.

I'm assuming from that comment that the game won't have siege battles? (I'm not really complaining - I didn't like siege battles all that much in the original game. I'm just curious.)

We will probably add more maps later in a patch.

If you actually do add more Custom Battle-maps in a later patch, I for one will be really, really grateful. :smile:

Call of duty accurate guns are not to be combined with melee gameplay, you will find the balance in the DLC is much much better.

I mean to recall guns in "With Fire and Sword" being incredibly inaccurate.  :???:

Londnred said:
I assume it is because MM Was multiplayer only and they are focusing on it.
Damn, It's like CoD. It was a ****ing epic singleplayer game but now it's only focused on multiplayer. This is really getting on my nerves since M&B is the only game i saw that is not focused on Multiplayer. Thinking they have now angers me.  :mad:

For the singleplayer custom quick battles, no we will not have sieges, battle only.

Of course we have siege gamemode for multiplayer, like stated everywhere were mainly focused around multiplayer, that is by no means a bad thing.
You have to understand that a large amount of games in this world are multiplayer only, which are very popular games and get played by millions of people, are they suddenly all bad?
I understand that the Mount & Blade series is based around a solid and unique singleplayer RPG experience, it goes without saying that this DLC, however not singleplayer has a large amount of RPG elements, your roleplaying and fighting in historical settings... playing music, anything you can think of!

To answer some more of your questions however,
Bots can stand in pretty well in most gamemodes, though their more bound to prefer to use their musket as ranged weapon unless you get close, cav works very well. Note that not all maps support bots fully, this will be updated. Ofcource, a bot can't replace a player fully, and that's where the popularity for this DLC will come from, the large active and solid community.

In fire and sword the guns are actually quite accurate and can be reloaded on the move and so on, imbalanceing the melee system, try our combat system and I'm sure you will like it. :smile:

The only thing i know right now is that ALOT of ppl will be on NW for a good time :smile:
So yes you will see ppl in servers playing alot including me :grin:
probably making a trailer after release so yeah many things you can do with new units

Of course we have siege gamemode for multiplayer, like stated everywhere were mainly focused around multiplayer, that is by no means a bad thing.

Nonetheless, when you do choose to include a "Custom Battle"-component, people expect you to make that mode as good as possible for what it is. It is always better to not include something at all, than to include something in an uninspired, half-assed way. I'm sure you agree with me on this.

You have to understand that a large amount of games in this world are multiplayer only, which are very popular games and get played by millions of people, are they suddenly all bad?

To answer your question: As far as I'm concerned, yes. They are games I don't like. So I guess you could say that sort of means that I find them "bad", in a sense.

Bots can stand in pretty well in most gamemodes, though their more bound to prefer to use their musket as ranged weapon unless you get close...

Isn't that how you're supposed to use a musket? :???:

cav works very well.

:smile:

Note that not all maps support bots fully...

:sad:

...this will be updated.

Please do.

Ofcource, a bot can't replace a player fully, and that's where the popularity for this DLC will come from, the large active and solid community.

I'm never ever going to be so unreasonable as to ask for bots that can fully replace a player. I'm not insane. I just want them to be smart and adaptive enough to be fun and entertaining to play with.

stop with all those little remarks that don't add much :neutral:
Clearly, the devs saw a chance to make their MULTIPLAYER (which did really well, on some days 400 people in regiments attending linebattles, still 100 or so in public servers and another 50 so playing in private servers, and many taking a day of rest), so why shouldnt they get some more press and be able to make money off of it? They added a on of things, improved MBW and many people enjoy this mod. Why not put it out and not spend anymore time before we make any money off of it? Answer that. Isnt that how you would feel. If you like the time frame, the uniforms, the whole new added things, well make the single player version.

Just be patient. There is like three single player campaigns set in the same era plus the eventual one using NW. Play some NTW or watch Waterloo or something like the rest of us.

stop with all those little remarks that don't add much

They're replies. I'm not going to write an essay if the message can be conveyed in a few words.

Clearly, the devs saw a chance to make their MULTIPLAYER (which did really well, on some days 400 people in regiments attending linebattles, still 100 or so in public servers and another 50 so playing in private servers, and many taking a day of rest), so why shouldnt they get some more press and be able to make money off of it?

I'm not saying they shouldn't be allowed to make a multiplayer game, (although I personally disagree with it.), I'm just asking if said multiplayer game has got any sort of bot-element to it. When they subsequently answered that the game does support basic bots, I wanted to know more about them. This isn't me asking them to make a different game, nor am I making "little remarks that don't add much". They have a game I see myself as potentially buying, and I'd like to know as much about that game as possible. I think that's a fairly normal thing to do.

InferiorBeing said:
Nonetheless, when you do choose to include a "Custom Battle"-component, people expect you to make that mode as good as possible for what it is. It is always better to not include something at all, than to include something in an uninspired, half-assed way. I'm sure you agree with me on this.
Half-assed way?... No, it works very well and provides a very fun gamemode.

You can have up to 10 squads of different bot kinds, with a count up to 50 bots per squad.
These squads can be commanded around separately so you could make any impressive formation, think of having 20 rifleman in front spread out, behind it, 50 highlanders of foot and just your horse guard cav ready on the left flank to charge when the enemy gets too close, all these things and much more are added to enhance the native quick battle.

You can assign a army to the AI opponent in a similar fashion, he will control his squads with tactics and so on.

Though as always, the real potential of this DLC lies in multiplayer.

Half-assed way?... No, it works very well and provides a very fun gamemode.

If that's true, you did more than "Warband" and "With Fire and Sword" ever could.

You can have up to 10 squads of different bot kinds, with a count up to 50 bots per squad.
These squads can be commanded around separately so you could make any impressive formation, think of having 20 rifleman in front spread out, behind it, 50 highlanders of foot and just your horse guard cav ready on the left flank to charge when the enemy gets too close, all these things and much more are added to enhance the native quick battle.

You can assign a army to the AI opponent in a similar fashion, he will control his squads with tactics and so on.

Wow. I think I'm interested, now. :shock:

Yeah this sounds amazing, even without SP i think the quality of the player base and the sheer size and immercing nature of M&B will make it an amazing dynamic experience each time!

You can have up to 10 squads of different bot kinds, with a count up to 50 bots per squad. These squads can be commanded around separately so you could make any impressive formation...

How exactly does that work?

Back
Top Bottom