Why is trade so useless now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bruce Almighty

Sergeant at Arms
I just want to ask why is trade so useless now? In the past versions, especially 1.134 you could profit really good from trading.. Now it takes up much time to gain a profit from it. When I do a route from one city to another, I barely earn 300 denars.. And that's something I'm not really proud of..

I can still make money hand over fist.
You just need to know how to find the deals.

I used to think visiting villages was useless, but now they're how I get half of my trade money.
Grain for 5 denars? Yup.
Raw Silk for 150-300? Check out Fisdnar, and villages of Rivacheg, as well as the city itself.

Take those down to Jelkala and Veluca, sell them for double or far more.

You can find the best deals just by hitting up villages along your trade path.
Furs for less than 250. Sell them for 350-450 further west and south.

As usual, spices to be bought in Tulga, Ichamur, and surrounding villages, to be sold in any direction.
Velvet, Raw silk, and Dyes in and around Jelkala.
In fact, you can grab the silk from its villages for less than 300, and sell it for 600-700 sometimes.

Dates and pottery(sometimes dyes) in the Sarranid lands, especially east of Shariz, can be used to pay for salt and spices in Tulga, which are brought north to Khudan, Rivacheg, and Curaw, to be replaced with Furs, Silk, or Iron, to be sold in places like Wercheg. There you can get even more salt to sell southwards as you head to Suno for cheap oil, which you sell in Rhodok or other Swad lands, and then start off again in Jelkala with the Velvet, Silk(in villages) and dyes.

Buy low and sell high, my friends.

Rallix said:
I can still make money hand over fist.
You just need to know how to find the deals.

I used to think visiting villages was useless, but now they're how I get half of my trade money.
Grain for 5 denars? Yup.
Raw Silk for 150-300? Check out Fisdnar, and villages of Rivacheg, as well as the city itself.

Take those down to Jelkala and Veluca, sell them for double or far more.

You can find the best deals just by hitting up villages along your trade path.
Furs for less than 250. Sell them for 350-450 further west and south.

As usual, spices to be bought in Tulga, Ichamur, and surrounding villages, to be sold in any direction.
Velvet, Raw silk, and Dyes in and around Jelkala.
In fact, you can grab the silk from its villages for less than 300, and sell it for 600-700 sometimes.

Dates and pottery(sometimes dyes) in the Sarranid lands, especially east of Shariz, can be used to pay for salt and spices in Tulga, which are brought north to Khudan, Rivacheg, and Curaw, to be replaced with Furs, Silk, or Iron, to be sold in places like Wercheg. There you can get even more salt to sell southwards as you head to Suno for cheap oil, which you sell in Rhodok or other Swad lands, and then start off again in Jelkala with the Velvet, Silk(in villages) and dyes.

Buy low and sell high, my friends.
In short term: Make patch around all cities of Calradia and follow it visiting every village that won't be too far, buy cheap crap and monies for other crap you bought ealier.

I am of the opinion that trading is only "useful" in the early game, I never trade late game as you have lots of fat lootzz to sell! :smile:

FearTheMoment said:
I am of the opinion that trading is only "useful" in the early game, I never trade late game as you have lots of fat lootzz to sell! :smile:
Its also useful during mid-game if you don't have city or it isn't bringing money spam.

True it can be handy mid game, but I am a really "hands on" player and love to get in wars, take people prisoner etc. So you can earn a great deal from ransoming people, it is much more economical than trading IMO

I use trade until i buy enough enterprises. And that is also the time when i start gathering bigger army, and starting conquests. :wink:

FearTheMoment said:
True it can be handy mid game, but I am a really "hands on" player and love to get in wars, take people prisoner etc. So you can earn a great deal from ransoming people, it is much more economical than trading IMO
So much loot from wars during peace... Obviously during war you fight instead of *****ing around with pottery, not to mention you will have to sneak into towns.  :roll:

Thane_of_Dhirim said:
I use trade until i buy enough enterprises. And that is also the time when i start gathering bigger army, and starting conquests. :wink:

Indeed! Build up funds and invest until you no longer need to work for money and can move onto greater things! :grin:

Back
Top Bottom