why horse archers keep switching their weapons ?

Users who are viewing this thread

kwokboy

Veteran
i find its very annoying
though it might be a problem of M&B original AI code
i still wonder if its possible to fix it

HA switch their weapons if they run out of arrows, an enemy comes too close to them or they decide it´s time to turn in to do some damage.

If you want them to fire arrows into opponents, don´t tell them to charge but to follow you and ride around your enemies in circles. Use Warbands nice addition to split your cavalry in to cavalry and horse archers and command each part differently.

kwokboy i know that issue i had it too in 1.143 but as mentioned by treebeard :it is gone in the newest update.

At least for me

It was rather silly in 1.143 as horse archers being chased would get stuck switching between ranged and melee weapons. Haven't tried 1.153 yet (waiting for PoP 3.5), but if it's improved then that's a big plus.

thanks for the replies guys
yea i still use 1.143 for POP's sake

if it's gone then hopefully we can enjoy POP3.5 to fullest extent  :mrgreen:

I haven't seen any issues with ranged weapon switching in PoP3.5 (and no other weapons switching issues either).

kwokboy said:

You dont need to use 1.143 for POP´s sake because you can play it with the latest warband update just fine  :cool:

Treebeard said:
I haven't seen any issues with ranged weapon switching in PoP3.5 (and no other weapons switching issues either).
sorry i dont quite understand
i think pop3.5 is still in work... :shock:

Hinkl said:
kwokboy said:

You dont need to use 1.143 for POP´s sake because you can play it with the latest warband update just fine  :cool:

really ?!, i am going to try it
thanks for informing me

kwokboy said:
Treebeard said:

It is, but Treebeard is in the dev team and got access to testing.

Footy said:
kwokboy said:
Treebeard said:

It is, but Treebeard is in the dev team and got access to testing.

Access to testing? hue hue

he is the one making us test :3

cus he is working his butt off to make sure its all dandy on release ; D

you go treebeard!

and yes no problem with weapon changes when i patched 1.153 and pop 3.5 test version :3

Back
Top Bottom