Why does Swadia suck so bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ah, alright then. And I think I can agree with the above post because when we went into sarranid at a time, almost 80% of the emirs came out of Shariz. Count Tredian still hasn't been found :sad:

Faction holds feasts if someone is suppose to get married, when there is a lot of food and drink... and if there are more than 10 days since last feast.

I remember getting a contract for Swadia after it went at war with the Khergits. They took Narra... but lost it. Good thing I wasn't a vassal and was already a mercenary for the Rhodoks :grin:

In my game, Swadia is at war with the Sarranids and the Nords (Formed an alliance) and other than a few battles not much is happening :razz:

i hate it
each time i play swadia always suck ****
one time they lose everything and another they conquered rhodok land but ended up losing most of their vassals
then in another game i joined them and got pretty well but they're the most unstable and ended losing their vassals again!!

Well, swadia borders all the factions, has no mountains to protect it and is spread out in a long line like the sarranids but it doesnt have a mountain wall to protect it, so you tell me? Is it a good position?

well its not the border its the lords they can be very disloyal, swadia is always grudge of rivalry while others is fairly solid

i really like swadia becuz they're the easiest to conquer compared to rhodok and nords

At the start,they own but when they start attacking more than 2 factions they start losing lots of battles,when I was part of the Swadians me and the rest of the army won every battle,I even took ennemy marshall armies out on my own,using only Swadian Knights,we took every Rhodok Castle and destryoed them,took some of the KHergit area,Some Saranaid and then some Nord,the Vaegeirs were left untouched. The Khergits and Saranaids were also at war with each other witch made it a whole lot easier for us but when they made peace there were 2 marshall armies against my 200 men,usualy about 2000 but I won a couple of those battles but when they re-gained there original territory they also started to take the castles that we took from the Rhodoks,eventaully the Khergits and the Saranaids destroyed the faction,I then ran and joined the nords. So I think there is just some randomness to it,but the statistics are that the Swadians get more villages/towns/castles than any other faction at the start but also have more bad relatshion ship with one extra faction than the other factions.

i dunno they sucked in my game, they were removed as a fraction by day 400, all fractions went to war with them, including my own kingdom who they decleared war on!!

then i made peace with the rhoducks again, (i wanted a town, so i rebeled, then made up :razz: ) the the crazy orange buugers declaered war on the rhoducks, when all they had was 3 castles, that lasted about 20 days before i wiped em out.

however at the moment im findin Rhoducks useless! weve been at war with every fraction now its just the nords and veagirs, and i cant bring myself to wipe those fractions out, and none of teh rhoduc lords do anything, dont think ive spent a night in my town for over a year!!!!

so i think its just chance which fraction is lead by nincompoops, but swadia seems to get the worse of it, tho i alwasy enjoy fighting them harlus thinks hes so good!

Coo - all these fractions!

Must be very very small!

To speak generally - I have played about five games of Warband and Swadia has sucked in every one but the last. I actually quite enjoyed this situation as when we eventually won it made me feel all the more proud of my achievements - I do like siding with the underdog.

Since starting my new game on ver1.134 Swadia is a very different creature - far more unified and stronger as a result. Now when a genuine threat arises or a town is lost the whole FACTION assembles to deal with it. I miss the old days but this new scheme is not unwelcome - just different.

I must admit I sit on the periphery of Swadian politics and don't know if rivalry is affecting politics but - of course over time Lords defect and are expelled which all leads to a weakened state

In my game Swadia is actually one of the strongest factions, having conquered a half of the Rhodocks territory, major cities included. However I did notice that their lords change faction all the time, usually for kingdom of Nords, my faction which is the one that is most successful, having conquered almost all of Vaegir territory.
Speaking of Vaegir they are having the worst of the battle right now, followed by Rhodocks and Khergits, they have opposed virtually no resistance to the Nord kingdom, everything we have taken from them they never managed to conquer backbut their lords seem to be quite loyal, only starting to abandon their king now that the war is almost over.

same thing is happening in my game. But luckily I was with the Nords, and took over the swadians. They inly have 2 castles left now and they could loose one anytime, because all of them r having a fiest every now and then in one castle while the other is empty. I let them live so they could help protect my lands...

Yes Swadians suck. They were one of the best in m&b, but in warband they SUCK.

It is not Swadia which sucks; it is the relations King - Lords which matters. Any nation with bad relations sucks. Besides the Khergits of course. Due to the bad horse archers AI they are the weakest nation. That's why usually the Saranids survive even if their relations King - Lords is bad too (their neighbour the Khergits are too weak to conquer them and the other factions are too far away. Only Shariz is taken often by the Rhodocks.

Not to mention the part where they border everyone and so are always at war with people. And a lot of the time, the borders that they're fighting on stretch for huge distances and it's simply impossible to hold off enemies attacking you in that many areas. Hilarious's predecessor must have been a military genius to get and hold onto all of that land.

I think Swadia's current predicament in your game is based simply on bad luck and the dynamic turn out of events in your particular game. On my last game, Swadia did fine and managed to hold all of its fiefs for most of the game, which lasted 360 days. In my current game, Swadia was down to Dhirim,  Suno, and some castles, because they were attacked from three different kingdoms in a very short time frame. They would have gotten back on their feet, but when my clan declared war on them and made me marshal, it sealed their doom. My previous game was nothing like this, in that game Swadia seldom lost a fief and was usually only at war with the Nords and Rhodocks.

Although I'm don't know for certain, I don't think Swadia's(or any factions) lords are predisposed to being divisive or wimpy, I think its just how things turned out over the course of your game. As stated already, Swadia has fiefs that border all the other factions(except Sarrinids), which makes it easy for them to get attacked from any angle.

Back
Top Bottom