Why do I lose honor if I don't bury the bandits who tried to murder me?

Users who are viewing this thread

I mean they attacked me. I could see if it was a battle between armies commanded by lords, but I really doubt a lone fighter who just fought off 15-20 bandits who were attempting to kill him is going to linger around and bury them. I could see gaining honor for bothering to bury them, but not losing honor for neglecting to bury scumbag murderers.

Well i guess i agree. I mean, bandits try to kill you and you burn them with honors that are fit for warriors? Ok you get +honor.

But i, too, don't think that the world would judge you if you don't bury them.

it should be neutral.  gain honor if you do but dont lose honor if you dont do it.

different story for faction troops of course they deserve a burial as honorable foes.

Well i guess how I can see how you would lose honor.  Some of those ruthless murderers might not be so ruthless after all.  Like they are down on their luck and have almost no money. A mans gotta do what he gotta do in ordered to support his family.

Stitch74 said:
Well i guess how I can see how you would lose honor.  Some of those ruthless murderers might not be so ruthless after all.  Like they are down on their luck and have almost no money. A mans gotta do what he gotta do in ordered to support his family.

You're probably right about some, but I reckon others are quite possibly just itchin' to shank somebody real bad. Anyhoo, I agree with the OP on this one.

Stitch74 said:

They want my money or my life, they can have both if they can take it, but I'm not burying a dozen plus highwaymen who just tried to kill me. Well, I will because I have to or I am penalized by the game.

I should get honor for killing them and have peasants building statues of me for ridding their stupid land of so many robbers. Let them bury them.

It seems to me that honor is viewd, in the mod from a more modern perspective than it would have been back in the day. For example if you sell prisoners into a salt mine to work as slaves you lose honr but neather runing a salt mine or selling slaves were viewed as dishonorable trades back then, in fact they were rather profitible and in some ways vital to economies. Now with that in mind it makes perfect sence that not giving your foes funiral honors makes fairly decent sence, well to most people; I'd just let the bastards rot as a matter of prinicple, call it a service fee for trying to kill me. Back then as far as I can tell from what I know of history it wasn't uncommon to just leave the dead where they lie, minus their valuables seeing as there is no snece in waisting shiney and useful things.

Also, you shouldn't lose honor if you have very low renown. After all, who's gonna care is some lone peasant nobody's heard about kills three or four looters and just leaves them on the field of battle. Now, if a mighty king does that with his 500+ army the whole world will know about it in no time.

I think game treats the dead as belonging to both sides.
Both your troops and the enemies, it will be somewhat hard to code it to see a difference between battles in which none of your troops got killed (and not just wounded).

I agree in this case it docent make much scene.

Then again, how to people hear about a posse of bandits attacking one person anyway?

Theoretically, you can be a bandit hunter and not bury them, and lose honor. Over time bandits will start flocking to you!

Ogaburan, I want to thank you, you opened my eyes on that statement.

I had always wondered about the burning of enemies bodies too, I suspect you're right and it's more of giving rights to your own men.  Cause it does mention fixing wounds.

Broichan said:
Ogaburan, I want to thank you, you opened my eyes on that statement.

I had always wondered about the burning of enemies bodies too, I suspect you're right and it's more of giving rights to your own men.  Cause it does mention fixing wounds.

220279xcitefun_you_re_welcome_Sharenators_Current_Site_Ranking-s307x293-170167-410.gif

Back
Top Bottom