Why did I as a female PC receive a fief?

Users who are viewing this thread

I was playing as a female PC, and I love sexism that exists in the game as it makes the world more immersive since it was medieval time. Moreover, the kings and nobles tell the player that female vassal will not receive a fief unless she conquers one for herself.

However, when I became a vassal I received a village as a fief just like a male counterpart and I'm disappointed because I thought I would have to work for it instead of getting one for free.  :facepalm:

Is it even possible to join a faction as a fiefless lady? Why did I get a fief as female? The game tells you multiple times kings in the past never have granted females vassals a fief and if they do so they will be deemed bewitched... I tested it further using cheats and even at a low rep of 200 female vassal still receives a fief just like a male vassal. What is this, it's not making any sense. :meh:

It is a mix of things that can affect this, I have played female characters and recieved no fiefs for AGES (and started with non), pretty sure it's just a mix of renown, honor, and relations with the King.

munchiepoo said:
It is a mix of things that can affect this, I have played female characters and recieved no fiefs for AGES (and started with non), pretty sure it's just a mix of renown, honor, and relations with the King.

Does being a female negatively impact the chance at all?

It seems contradictory that a moment ago the king says he will not give the female PC a fief lest he will look bewitched, and the next moment he gives her one. It's also inconsistent with what vassals say when offering you a merc contract("I've never heard of kings giving fiefs to female vassals") and what guild masters say about the topic.

I tested it with a newly created female commoner. I cheated to add 200 renown(100 won't let me join a faction) and boom, she was granted a fief just like a male PC would have been given. Her honor was 0 and she just met the king... Apparently the king's mother did not warn him about giving a strange woman a fief to rule...  :ohdear:

highsis said:
munchiepoo said:

Does being a female negatively impact the chance at all?

It seems contradictory that a moment ago the king says he will not give the female PC a fief lest he will look bewitched, and the next moment he gives her one. It's also inconsistent with what vassals say when offering you a merc contract("I've never heard of kings giving fiefs to female vassals") and what guild masters say about the topic.

I tested it with a newly created female commoner. I cheated to add 200 renown(100 won't let me join a faction) and boom, she was granted a fief just like a male PC would have been given. Her honor was 0 and she just met the king... Apparently the king's mother did not warn him about giving a strange woman a fief to rule...  :ohdear:

That's strange, I've always found it difficult. I might try a new game as I haven't played a woman in a while and see what happens! :smile:

Maybe you chose the equal treatment option at the start of the game? There's an option to disable sexism, I think.

DrakeDwarf said:
Maybe you chose the equal treatment option at the start of the game? There's an option to disable sexism, I think.

I think that option is only on Diplomacy mod, and I explicitly had sexism enabled  :sad:

I believe it's like munchiepoo said: a mix of renown, honor, and relation.

However, several times I've had a king say he wasn't going to grant me a fief, and then grant me one anyway.  I always figured it was a bug.

Hey, I just tested it out (with about 200 renown and -10 hon) and I haven't got a fief, however, after becoming a vassal to King Yaroglek I did manage to marry one of the Boyar's.

Back
Top Bottom